Poll

What sort of setup did you install the 1.4 patch into?

Don't have any problems at all 47% 47% - 8 52% 52% - 9
> 1 Gb Ram 52% 52% - 9 47% 47% - 8
< 1 Gb Ram 52% 52% - 9 47% 47% - 8
Running Memory Manager/Personal Firewall/P2P software 58% 58% - 10 41% 41% - 7
NVidia Graphics Card 47% 47% - 8 52% 52% - 9
ATI Graphics Card 58% 58% - 10 41% 41% - 7
Official EA Expansion Installed (SF, AF, EF) 64% 64% - 11 35% 35% - 6
POE/Other Expansion Installed 64% 64% - 11 35% 35% - 6
Can't get into BF2 since I installed the patch 41% 41% - 7 58% 58% - 10
Can run BF2 but performance sucks 41% 41% - 7 58% 58% - 10
Total: 17
RPGBait
+1|6473|Melb. AU
Hi guys,

Seems my last attempt to offer a little help based on my own experience with the CTD issue didn't go down too well ;-\  , so this poll/survey is my attempt to remedy that somewhat.  I figure that if DICE/EA can't/won't help us resolve this, we should take a crack at doing it ourselves... that'll probably be more successful than simply bitching about it on the forums  ;-)

I've got no idea if I can use the polling system in this way, so I'll just give it a go, and will try again if it doesn't work. I'd like to gather a heap of data to try and see if there is some sort of trend that might help people narrow down why their systems aren't working so well.  I've placed a bunch of questions on this poll, and I know that they are selective and don't really cover all of the possibilities.  I'm really just a little curious about this and would like to see where these questions lead. 

I get a little pissed when people gripe about how bad a programmer is when they don't realise just how complex a project like BF2 is, especially when they've never written complex software before.  Still, I agree that it sucks not being able to play our favorite game, and it's easy to get angry at the people releasing the patches when they are supposed to be fixing things.  On the other hand, realise that they can only test on a limited number of systems, and as long as they cover the majority of people playing the game, they've really done their job.  Remember also that DICE and/or EA will have absorbed the cost of all of this extra development and support, so you getting a lot of extra value on top of your initial purpose.  Yes I know it seems like that ain't worth much when it all goes pear shaped on you.

Oh, and I'm not affiliated with DICE or EA in any way... just doing my part so to speak.  I'll gather as much data as I can, and will post my 'findings' just as soon as I get enough data to make it look interesting.  I'll be watching this thread closely, so feel free to list any addional configuration information that you think might be of some help.

Cheers,

RPG
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6577
Wrong Vote
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK
That's a screwed up poll, what does it all mean?

Edit:

Don't have any problems at all     
2 Gb Ram     
Running Personal Firewall
NVidia Graphics Card   
Official EA Expansion Installed (SF, AF, EF)

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-09-15 06:58:27)

-MIKI3.
+70|6652|The Netherlands
Don't have any problems at all     
1 Gb Ram     
Running Memory Manager/Personal Firewall/P2P software     
NVidia Graphics Card   
Official EA Expansion Installed (SF, AF, EF)     
POE/Other Expansion Installed
halla77
+1|6445|right behind you with C4
stupid poll i vote on null cuz u need to learn how to set up a poll
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK
Bravo, according to your poll, there are people who "Don't have any problems at all" but "Can't get into BF2 since I installed the patch".

Like I said earlier, this poll is screwed up.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard