TripleKo
+2|6776|Sweden
Fantastic! It's always good to know what's the upcoming stuff, even if it's not 100% certain.
aFilthyJundie
+0|6718|UK
Should Lance Corporal be before Corporal? Any thoughts?
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6709|US
well, now I REALLY have to get a better computer or mobo & processor. any donations? I need like $200
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
I think you should get two unlocks per rank because otherwise no one will get all of the for a while, and it takes to long to get the reallly good ones. either that or insert "bronze" ranks before the silver ones.
McDonald_221
+0|6491
Yeah Lance Corporal should come before Corporal or at least it does in the British army. another thing looking on the Pre order page for Bf2142 it says that u can be a medic Sniper ... this gets me thinking as all the medic unlocks are on the Assualt class if the Medic items are general unlock or are only for a certain classes ?

P.S. Getting rid of the medic Class really annoyed me has it annoyed anyone else or is it just me ?

Last edited by McDonald_221 (2006-09-17 16:12:14)

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6741|The Island of Carls Jr.
Ok then what the hell is the point of the "free rank up" for the vet program?
I can get PFC in one game, and gunner silver in a great gaming day!
McDonald_221
+0|6491
Its a marketing ploy to make sure BF2 Players buy BF2142 ... anyway any unlock is a good unlock. I'm just at a loss to which class to go to now as i can't go medic . still wondering about the med unlocks..

anyway i'm curious about the rewards for each promotion whether it will be a new unlock per 2 promotions or something similar
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6596|Warwickshire, England
thanks for the link mate.

the thing I would like to know is...  The Titan Destruction Achievement Badge requires...

'In One Round: 2 Titan Consoles Destroyed'

does that mean you have to destroy it by yourself, or do you have to do a certain amount of damage to it, or the last person to shoot it before it blows up, or can you shoot it once and it still counts as you destroying the console???
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6590|Iceland
i must say the ranks look like shit, but hey.
McDonald_221
+0|6491
think it means u have to destroy two of the control consoles for accessing the core of the titan
gbr.hitman
Fair Play!
+21|6596|Warwickshire, England

McDonald_221 wrote:

think it means u have to destroy two of the control consoles for accessing the core of the titan
I think you have mis-read my post.

What happens if other people start shooting at the console too? that is what I am gettign at.
cpo1_mac
+0|6531
great job
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6821|Netherlands
B1942     BFV     BF2     SF     EF     AF   BF2142   

I use them all.

cant wait for the release   

+1  Cheers. 
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6566|United States
Awesome... so you only have to waste 1000+ hours of your life to get all the unlocks.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6554|Hungary
Sorry but EA just forgot that we still NEED the EU ribbon ?!
FriiginChomper
+41|6697
i like how the new badges and ranks look.
but its kinda like bf2 again.
is there a 2142 karkand yet?
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6538|Sammamish, WA
For all those who didn't already see this from the numbers, here's a cheezy graph showing the progression in required points-per-rank. Just a handy-dandy visual aid. Forgive my poor Excel skills...

https://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3109/ranksuv8.jpg

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-09-26 00:04:54)

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6741|The Island of Carls Jr.
Yeah....whats used for the X-axis though? Time? Kill?....
JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6538|Sammamish, WA

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER wrote:

Yeah....whats used for the X-axis though? Time? Kill?....
Actually for this one there really isn't an x-axis. You're right in that there wouldn't be a constant factor that would be identical for every player. The intent was to show the nature of the curve in points required. I don't remember enough trig to tell you what the equation for the curve is but it's obviously quadratic.

I've re-graphed it, this time by adding a linear X-axis. I numbered the axis 1-40, one number corresponding to each rank. This should give a more accurate representation of the curve.

https://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6899/2142rankscaleduw4.jpg

Last edited by JdeFalconr (2006-09-26 23:25:32)

Capt. Foley
+155|6584|Allentown, PA, USA
Another reason for me not to buy 2142.
Ryan
+1,230|6839|Alberta, Canada

I like the style of the ranks, but yet again, you need tons of points just to get a high rank, it sucks.

Also, why don't they just round of the points, instead of making them random numbers? Instead of 12,435 or whatever, make it 13,000.

Also, I'm kinda P/Oed that the awards require so much times/kills etc.

I know it's easy for those of you who play for hours on end, but people who don't have as much time to play BF2 will be spending hours just trying to get a simple award. I think when I get 2142, I'llg of or the real easy awards, just to say I got them, but once I got them, I'll just play for fun.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-09-27 16:38:57)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6709|US

ryan_14 wrote:

I like the style of the ranks, but yet again, you need tons of points just to get a high rank, it sucks.
tell me about it. & the thing is u get ONE unlock per rank so u have to work ur butt off to get all the unlocks so I guess choose wisely unless they get their heads out of their butts & make it at least 2 per rank.
kimaera
+2|6448|Auburn,AL
It'll be 2 per rank when they release an expansion pack
Tecova
+0|6422
Thanks for all the info guys.  I sit here at work and just drool while I wait for the 17th!
burton
+9|6416|Da Bay, California
nice smokey, this has renewed my faith in 2142. cant wait to get a bunch of awards. i hope it does that drumroll like in bf2. was that the greatest feeling or what.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard