iamamuts
+2|6726|Lisse, Netherlands
Can someone explain me how u can play with two monitors?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6511|Winterpeg, Canada
You can't play Bf2 with two moniters, as far as I know. My friend's been trying multiple games for the past 6 months.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

First, you have to have 2 video cards, recognized by Windows. (may need to change some BIOS settings) then, in the display properties (like where you change your resolution) tell it to use dual monitors.

Jbrar wrote:

You can't play Bf2 with two moniters, as far as I know. My friend's been trying multiple games for the past 6 months.
oh....are you talking about for BF2?

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-09-14 13:58:43)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
iamamuts
+2|6726|Lisse, Netherlands
no not for two monitors in game. but one for playing BF2 and one for desktop. can u also use two different video cards?
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6665|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

Jbrar wrote:

yeah ou can, ive done it before, but it's crap the crosshair is between the two monitors
Maj.Do
+85|6722|good old CA
I think you only need one video card?
TinMaN
+5|6418|Kansas City, KS, USA

iamamuts wrote:

no not for two monitors in game. but one for playing BF2 and one for desktop. can u also use two different video cards?
i don't think you can use 2 video cards, as the older ones are  agp, and most boards (other than the new SLI boards) only have 1 AGP/PCie slot.  but you can still have two monitors, it depends on if your video card supports it - look at the back of it, and if there's 1 output port then you can't, if there's two then you can.  you need to have the right drivers (nvidia/ATI) installed for windows XP to recognize both.

Edit:  you can also do it with a multi-out, then hook it up to your TV also.  again, your video card has to support this (the little round port with 5 or 6 pins, and then you hook a dongle (lol) up to it)  -- sorry, have to laugh everytime i say dongle. (lol)

Last edited by TinMaN (2006-09-14 20:33:15)

N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house
Why??? i have tried this it cuts out a good inch in the middel of the screen.

Last edited by N.A.T.O (2006-09-14 20:30:12)

TinMaN
+5|6418|Kansas City, KS, USA

N.A.T.O wrote:

Why??? i have tried this it cuts out a good inch in the middel of the screen.
that way you can play BF2 on one monitor and check stats on the other 
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

I run duallies and I could never go back to a single card.

Most video cards these days have two monitor ports on them. Just hook one up to each port and then right-click your desktop -> properties -> settings and enable the 2nd monitor.

I can drag windows from one monitor to the other or talk on mIRC on one monitor while I browse the web on the other.

Since you only have on video card though, you cannot run two 3D applications at once. BF2 loads up on your primary monitor while your desktop stays on the 2nd (great for seeing who came on TeamSpeak or watching mIRC from ingame). You cannot however play 2 games at once. You need 2 video cards for that and even then, I dunno if it's possible.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard