Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6662|Washington, DC

IMO community servers like Insomnia, Moongamers, Moders etc should have randomize teams option on... that way if you want an almost-guaranteed unstacked experience youd go to a community server.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6698|United States
hmm.  i often like the challenge of going up against a stacked team...but the frustration generally comes from trying to get your own under-stacked team of sergeants and privates to squad up and play the game right...

If I'm on a team with people who don't seem to understand how the game is played, and none of my efforts help us to beat the stacked team, you can bet your ass I'm switching to the stacked team next round.  It's no fun playing with people who don't know how to win, regardless of their level of experience.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6662|Washington, DC

Exactly R3V. I don't mind a challenging round, but one thing is:

-A constant stalemate and intense fighting for flags, with intelligent teammates kind of challenge

and then there's the classic

-Get spawnraped at your last flag because nobody else on your team spawned as AT because they thought claymores could hurt tanks kind of challenge
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6569|Search Whore killing fields

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

-Get spawnraped at your last flag because nobody else on your team spawned as AT because they thought claymores could hurt tanks kind of challenge
I spawn as assualt to take out the tanks, the nade launcher kills it so 1337'ly
Darky
Hi..
+71|6593|Here.

sonneillon wrote:

Yeah, I use to feel the same way until I found out that there was jack shit to do about it. So....if you can't beat them, join them.
Morons like you are part of the problem. The stat whores that will do anything to save their ever precious stats. Its also people like you who end the round with 3-0 in kills or spend an entire round in armour camping the uncap.

gg
[mcp]eltorrente
+26|6539
When my team is getting worked-over, I try and fight and have fun despite losing constantly.  When I start getting frustrated, I find a new server, rather than switch teams to the winning side.  I'm just not going to play if it is making me mad in any way.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6707|Kingswood Country
I normally love being on the underdog side - there is a certain satisfaction in being able to squeeze a squad out of a vehicle cordon around an uncap, reclaim ground and possibly even win the round.

This gets far more difficult when you have less than 4 people who are working as a squad, no commander (yes, I could take it - but if noone else is in a squad, there is no comms anyway), and 2 people above rank of corporal. Still - worth a try. Only real place where not to is the plane-whore maps. If the carrier on Wake is already being bombed when you enter the round, and the US choppers have been stolen - break out a deck chair downstairs and wait for the map to rotate.

More so than rank or clan dominance I have seen lately is that when people start to get worked back into a corner, they revert to being sniper, hide, and try to pick off a few attackers from the uncap (or equivalent). This DOES seem to happen more with lower ranks and usually on the less mainstream servers.

There might be 60 odd servers run by Australian ISPs - these have generally been really good for ensuring balance between teams. Partly because the admins are mature, partly because there is a really diverse mix of people rotating in and out, but mostly because Aussies seem to enjoy being in a game that goes down to a balanced, hard-fought 2-0 ticket result. You will regularly see majors, colonels, generals who are doing well jump sides, join a squad and help lift the game on the losing side.

If you can't find something like that - the best way to get around this is to either jump ingame with friends or join a clan that you can hook up with when you play. That way you know there will be at least one squad to stick it to the opposition.
greenhaven
+47|6497

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

hmm.  i often like the challenge of going up against a stacked team...but the frustration generally comes from trying to get your own under-stacked team of sergeants and privates to squad up and play the game right...
First off, that's a dumb comment. Points mean nothing about the player. I play as a member of a team. I talk to my commander as much as possible, and I try and stay in contact with other players in my squad. I help them out to the best of my ability.
Ekfud
Infantry Whore

greenhaven wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

First off, that's a dumb comment. Points mean nothing about the player. I play as a member of a team. I talk to my commander as much as possible, and I try and stay in contact with other players in my squad. I help them out to the best of my ability.
Comment is not dumb - turning the tide against a team that is organised and moving is far more difficult if you have no support. As you note - stay in contact with other players in your squad; far more difficult if you don't even have people joining squads, let alone moving out to cap flags together.

As far as points not meaning nothing about the player? Not quite - I would probably ask Revolution to join my squad, not because he has 140,000+ points, but because he has a KD about 3x yours and team points that show he gives people first aid, caps flags and generally does lots of stuff on the battlefield.

Last edited by Ekfud (2006-09-14 18:06:37)

Darky
Hi..
+71|6593|Here.

Ekfud wrote:

There might be 60 odd servers run by Australian ISPs - these have generally been really good for ensuring balance between teams. Partly because the admins are mature, partly because there is a really diverse mix of people rotating in and out, but mostly because Aussies seem to enjoy being in a game that goes down to a balanced, hard-fought 2-0 ticket result. You will regularly see majors, colonels, generals who are doing well jump sides, join a squad and help lift the game on the losing side.
Um.. where the hell have you been playing? Only time I ever see rank even between teams is when an admin that isnt clan biased, and has 2c of common sense evens them up. And then as soon as possible, those that were switched, switch back to the winning team.
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6658|Pittsburgh, PA
Yes, it has been pretty rediculous lately.  I was playing a 24/7 Iron Gator server last night and I was the only officer rank on my team.  The other team had not one enlisted rank.  I would take a flag, then leave it to take another and the rest of the team would instantly be vaporized and the flag would be lost.  It got old real quick.

Last edited by FoShizzle (2006-09-14 18:28:48)

RD_The_Dog
+87|6568
I enjoy playing on the underdog side, especially when you beat the stacking bastards!  Not too much pisses me off in battlefield, but team-stacking i think is the WORST!  Team stackers are easy to find. the guys with win-loss ratios of 3 or greater.  I think if you play honestly on ranked public servers, your ratio shouldnt be THAT high
Ekfud
Infantry Whore

Darky wrote:

Ekfud wrote:

Um.. where the hell have you been playing? Only time I ever see rank even between teams is when an admin that isnt clan biased, and has 2c of common sense evens them up. And then as soon as possible, those that were switched, switch back to the winning team.
Try any of the SF servers on GameArena, Internode or MentalPlayers. Most of the clans that play on those are pretty good about balance too - will generally try and ensure they split their players on both sides of the war, particularly if it is getting one-sided. Look for GFR, =H1I=, ACB, OCAU or several other clan tags and you will usually find a server with some balance.

Definitely SF though - a lot of the vanilla servers are getting dominated by the air force, while SF favours small squad play.
R3v0LuT!oN
+22|6698|United States

greenhaven wrote:

R3v0LuT!oN wrote:

I agree 100% that points don't mean anything about the player.  But in MOST cases, a lot of points can indicate more experience, and BF2 is a game where experience counts.  With experience, most of the time, comes better strategy, better situational awareness, and better cooperation and teamplay = FTW.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6690|SLC, Utah, USA
When people complain about the teams, I usually swap to that side to see if I can help turn the tide.  However, it gets very annoying playing one side all the time, as people always wanna be the "Americans", so swap to that each round (the server I play on swaps teams each round).

That might explain why I have 50% more time as MEC than the US.  I don't play MEC because I like their AK-101...
Darky
Hi..
+71|6593|Here.

Ekfud wrote:

Darky wrote:

Ekfud wrote:

Try any of the SF servers on GameArena, Internode or MentalPlayers. Most of the clans that play on those are pretty good about balance too - will generally try and ensure they split their players on both sides of the war, particularly if it is getting one-sided. Look for GFR, =H1I=, ACB, OCAU or several other clan tags and you will usually find a server with some balance.

Definitely SF though - a lot of the vanilla servers are getting dominated by the air force, while SF favours small squad play.
ROFLMAO!

RAW stack.
=H1I= stack.
Most other 'leet' squads stack.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6658|Warlord
Thought I'd post these since they illustrate the problem so well:

https://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8088/screen160iu2.jpg

https://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5927/screen161qt3.jpg

The preceding game the high-rankers were divided pretty evenly but the other team was trounced so this is what happened when the round ended.

I love the last guy to switch LOL Hard to believe with his rank but he kept on asking me why he couldn't move without me finding him and sniping him; even after I told him I was commander he still couldn't figure it.
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6691
Since I play Karkand alot.....and all the servers use AutoBalance.....if say you get put on MEC.....just play poorly or not at all...just idle....and you will change teams faster than you can say MEDIC!!!!!!!!

There's some armor whores that play one certain server alot that I do and that's thier favorite ploy.You will NEVER...see them play MEC.........EVER!!!

Phantom0701 and pickle_power........PIckle is famous for TK'ing to get armor now........he's such a coward and doesnt last to long as a ground pounder......he's a real pussy....I love taunting him calling him out.

PICkLE PUSSY!!!!!!

But Phantom is a very good p layer and plays with honor the most times I have had the pleasure of blowing up his whoring armored ass.

The other morining I was playin MEC and I mean we were just getting our assssssses kicked....but it was fun.We got a steady stream of new commanders who were total pieces of crap.......you know the kind.......top score=13

the opposing team was totally stacked but it was a real challenge to see how well you could survive and when I'd get my kiils they would seem more satisfying that way.

the other alternative is to just play on another server.

Last edited by Snakeyezzz (2006-09-15 18:39:42)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard