Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

I am having big difficulties patching with 1,4 and are in dialog with EA support, will be posting in this thread the answers and guides they provide me with.

First we do a manual uninstall of BF2 with expansions and boosters.

It seems that some of The Battlefield 2 files might have been corrupted and may be the caused of the difficulty you are having right now. You may try to manually uninstall the game to remove the corrupted files and then reinstall (please disregard instructions pertaining to an expansion you do not have).

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it.  Be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear to prevent accidental file/program deletion on your system.

To delete the save files:

1. Open My Documents.
2. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.

To delete the game files (in the default location):

1. Open My Computer.
2. Open the C drive.
3. Open the Program Files folder.
4. Open the EA GAMES folder.
5. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
6. Close all open windows.
7. Right-click on the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.

To edit the registry and remove Battlefield 2:

1. Click on the Start button.
2. Click on Run.
3. Type regedit in the text field.
4. Click File and then choose Export.
5. Name the file Backup and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
6. Click Save; you will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.
7. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
8. Click the plus sign next to Software.
9. Click the plus sign next to DICE.
10. Right-click on the Battlefield 2 folder and choose Delete.
11. Right-click on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder and choose Delete.
12. Click the plus sign next to Electronic Arts.
13. Click the plus sign next to EA Games.
14. Right-click and choose Delete on the Battlefield 2 folder.
15. Right-click and choose Delete on the Battlefield 2: Special Forces folder.
16. Click the plus sign next to Microsoft.
17. Click the plus sign next to Windows.
18. Click the plus sign next to CurrentVersion.
19. Click the plus sign next to Uninstall.
20. Right-click on the key named {04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B} and choose Delete.
21. Right-click on the key named {50D4CB89-AF34-4978-96DC-C3034062E901}and choose Delete
22. A Confirm Key Delete window will appear, choose Yes.
23. Close the WindowsRegistry Editor.

Battlefield 2, Special Forces, Euro Force and Armoured Fury is now completely removed from your system.

Please clear your TEMP folder before installing the game or the patch:
http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/p … _sid=<? echo $p_sid ? >

Please reinstall the games in the following order. I know it must be very frustrating for you but I still suggest that you redownload the Battlefield 2 latest patch. You can download it on our FTP site ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/

1. Battlefield 2
2. Special Forces (If applicable)
3. Latest FULL patch
4. Euro Force (If applicable)
5. Latest FULL patch
6. Armoured Fury (If applicable)
7. Latest FULL patch
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Cleaning out tempfiles before patching

Please try cleaning out your Temporary directory before starting the installation of the patch. Do not delete the folder itself, open the folder, select all of the contents, and then delete them. Often you will get an error that some of these files can't be deleted. This is usually because they are currently in use, so first let's end any program that would be using these temporary files.

· Hold down the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys at the same time
· Click the "Processes" tab.
· Click on the gray bar in the middle column that says User Name to sort by user name.
· Do NOT select anything for SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, or NETWORK SERVICE.
· Click on anything besides EXPLORER and TASKMGR for this User Name or other user names.
· Click on END PROCESS
· Repeat these steps until only explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe are open for this user profile.

Note that some applications may take multiple times before closing. Don't worry that you are permanently changing your system configuration; these applications will return when you restart your system. Once this step has been completed, please proceed to the steps below.

Part 1

· Double click on "My Computer"
· Double click on the C: drive
· Double click on the "Windows" folder.
· Double click on the "Temp" folder.
· Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.
· Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.

Part 2

· Click START --> Run
· Type in %TEMP% and press ENTER
· Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.
· Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6810|Nårvei

Ea asks me to supply a DXDIAG-file, how do i do that ?

If the issue persists, I'm going to need additional system information. Please send me this information from a program called dxdiag.exe. To do this:

· Go to Start -> Run.
· In the box, type the following: dxdiag
· Click "OK"
· Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
· Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
· Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

After we receive this file we can continue troubleshooting the issues at hand and hopefully come to a solution.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard