GATOR591957
+84|6626
I was thinking the other night watching the military channel and the new technology for targeting how safe are we.

If our enemies decide not to pursue wmd's and focus on a simple device known as EMP, electro magnetic pulse technology imagine where the US would be without cars built after 1967, cell phones, computers (banking, fuel, groceries etc) power generation and last but not least gps targeting.  I'm interested in the debate to ensue and listening to those who are more enlightened on this matter than I.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
The best evidence that we are safe comes from the fact that there has been no attack sinse 9-11.
The best evidence that we are not safe comes from the fact that whenever and wherever I look here in Southern California I see illegal aliens.
topthrill05
+125|6577|Rochester NY USA
ATG said it all.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6664|NT, like Mick Dundee

Yeah, the US of A has a real problem with illegal immegration. GATOR, I think that the Pentagon would probably have a project underway exploring EMP resistant stuff although that is just speculation.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TeamZephyr
Maintaining My Rage Since 1975
+124|6528|Hillside, Melbourne, Australia

ATG wrote:

The best evidence that we are not safe comes from the fact that whenever and wherever I look here in Southern California I see illegal aliens.
No one is illegal.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

ATG wrote:

The best evidence that we are safe comes from the fact that there has been no attack sinse 9-11.
How are their spaceships?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America

TeamZephyr wrote:

ATG wrote:

No one is illegal.
Yes, it is redundant. Illegals or aliens, both work well to describe them.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6656|Birmingham
all these so called precission bombs maybe very nice and impressive the only floor is that they need to be told where to go. what if the position of the enemy isnt known or in recent cases has no fixed location. what then? old fashioned troops on the ground?

what if the enemy is on our doorstep, would we be willing to bomb with the same precission on our own doorstep?

the emp threat is a large one, it has the capacity to knock us all back to the stoneage, it can cripple an economy. as far as i am aware, there is no way of preventing it but we will find away, as always.

the truth is, we are always under threat, its just how you deal with it that makes the difference. live life in paranoia or in ignorance?

thats just my view i dont expect you to agree...
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6750|the middle of nowhere

sergeriver wrote:

ATG wrote:

How are their spaceships?
LOL
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
Why is it that when I point out that our streets are crowded with illegal aliens/ migrants workers/ scum sucking fence jumpers I always get this;
How safe are we? fucking racist piece of shit 
in a karma message.

If pointing out our lack of a border make me a racists then I embrace racism.
Fuck you, eat my turds and die, whoever left that, my wife is 1/2 Mexican, and that makes my two kids 1/4 mexican and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the border issue moron.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

ATG wrote:

Why is it that when I point out that our streets are crowded with illegal aliens/ migrants workers/ scum sucking fence jumpers I always get this;
in a karma message.

Fuck you, eat my turds and die, whoever left that, my wife is 1/2 Mexican, and that makes my two kids 1/4 mexican and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the border issue moron.
Win.

America should really put a good defence on the border... too many illegal immagrants =/
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

TAG wrote:

in a karma message.

Fuck you, eat my turds and die, whoever left that, my wife is 1/2 Mexican, and that makes my two kids 1/4 Mexican and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the border issue moron.
Win.

America should really put a good defense on the border... too many illegal immigrants =/
Thanks to all these illegals we have window cleaners at intersections, 3 for $1 tacos, Corn on the cob delivery, Cheap lettuce and tomatoes, affordable car washes, I could go on and on. And besides when and if we decide to build a fence along the border, who do you think is going to build it? The immigrants.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
I'd think an EMP would fall under the same category as a Nuke in terms of Mass Destruction. So there is that detterence shit going on to prevent people from whoring it up. You know..
jonsimon
+224|6494
EMPs are highly unrealistic, esspecially on a wide scale. The power it would take to generate a wide spread EMP would be immense, and as it dissapated, things like tin foil would protect against the radiation.
[AZEG]PhxBravo
Moved to "Phxbravo" account
+10|6450|phoenix, az

rawls2 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

TAG wrote:

in a karma message.

Fuck you, eat my turds and die, whoever left that, my wife is 1/2 Mexican, and that makes my two kids 1/4 Mexican and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the border issue moron.
Win.

America should really put a good defense on the border... too many illegal immigrants =/
Thanks to all these illegals we have window cleaners at intersections, 3 for $1 tacos, Corn on the cob delivery, Cheap lettuce and tomatoes, affordable car washes, I could go on and on. And besides when and if we decide to build a fence along the border, who do you think is going to build it? The immigrants.
HAHHAHAH U ARE SOOO RIGHT, ''when and if we decide to build a fence along the border, who do you think is going to build it? The immigrants.''
Capt. Foley
+155|6587|Allentown, PA, USA

ATG wrote:

QFT. Totaly agree.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6559

jonsimon wrote:

EMPs are highly unrealistic, esspecially on a wide scale. The power it would take to generate a wide spread EMP would be immense, and as it dissapated, things like tin foil would protect against the radiation.
Our government is working o a system were an array of antennas can beam a ridiculous amount of energy from one part of the hemisphere to the other. I wonder for what? A giant EMP?
I think you can find info on it if you look up weather weapons.

Last edited by rawls2 (2006-09-13 16:19:04)

TinMaN
+5|6447|Kansas City, KS, USA

rawls2 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Our government is working o a system were an array of antennas can beam a ridiculous amount of energy from one part of the hemisphere to the other. I wonder for what? A giant EMP?
i think you're talking about HAARP, yet another conspiracy theory....
jonsimon
+224|6494

rawls2 wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

Yeah but the military spent billions on making a flying saucer to no avail. I really don't but any stock in what sparks form when heads inside the pentagon bump into each other.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6645
You guys know that all countries capable of attacking us with nuclear weapons are also capable of attacking us with EMP, right?
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6500|Los Angeles

ATG wrote:

Right.

But don't forget how else the administration is keeping us safe: there have been no hurricanes attacks since 2005.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

ATG wrote:

Right.

But don't forget how else the administration is keeping us safe: there have been no hurricanes attacks since 2005.
and just how many "hurricane attacks" were thwarted ??

how mant terrorist attacks were thwarted??
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6689|Tampa Bay Florida
hey Shipbuilder- your sig is huge

The administration never fails to remind us how much danger we are in during election time, and how great of a job they are doing when it's not election time.  If they were doing a great job, we wouldn't be in danger.  Sry Bush, u fail @ presidency
The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6500|Los Angeles

lowing wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

ATG wrote:

Right.

Bush doesn't even need to THWART hurricane attacks because they're too scared to even think about attacking DUH.

I don't know why Bush doesn't declare war on hurricanes and send troops out to fight them. I'm sure he'd be just as if not MORE successful than his job stamping out terror.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

lowing wrote:

The_Shipbuilder wrote:

Right.

Bush doesn't even need to THWART hurricane attacks because they're too scared to even think about attacking DUH.

I don't know why Bush doesn't declare war on hurricanes and send troops out to fight them. I'm sure he'd be just as if not MORE successful than his job stamping out terror.
Your analogy is too ridiculous for me to continue with it. If you really need to compare terrorists to hurricanes, that is your short coming not mine.

I know you and all like you pray the US gets attacked again so you don't have the fact that there has not been another attack, AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS, in the US, thrown in your face any more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard