imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
Been searching and followed a couple polls, and found that the G3 was last or not even on the list. Is it this bad? or do people prefer the toob over everything else? UBAR says it's not accurate at all, others say it's the best at CQC, but wouldn't you use a DAO, Jack,AK? I've picked this gun up twice by a fallen hero, and found that I was running through ammo like nothing. AK's do about the same damage. Where's the love?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6783

imdead wrote:

Been searching and followed a couple polls, and found that the G3 was last or not even on the list. Is it this bad? or do people prefer the toob over everything else? UBAR says it's not accurate at all, others say it's the best at CQC, but wouldn't you use a DAO, Jack,AK? I've picked this gun up twice by a fallen hero, and found that I was running through ammo like nothing. AK's do about the same damage. Where's the love?
no love.
n1nj41c l337ne55
+1|6742|Pittsburgh, Virginia lol
There would be love... if it had more than 20 ammo

Last edited by n1nj41c l337ne55 (2005-11-12 06:49:11)

col.sanders71
+-1|6739|Haverhill, MA USA

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

I couldn't agree more....double the capacity and it just might be accepted more...

then again thats just my opinion.....I may be wrong.
Hakiki
+0|6757
double capacity would be way unrealistic concidering the fact that the G3 uses 7.62mm cal.  nother thing however that would make this a good option from the other ass.rifles is getting a grenadelauncer on it, which really is the strengt for the assault-kit... also the bullets from this rifle should imo do much more damage than it does...
doxy
+74|6788|Nevis
petethecheese
+9|6760|England
It could do with more ammo - but just like in real life, fully automatic at long range is inaccuarate.  couple of well aimed shots and it's fine.  More powerful than the other AR's
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

It could use 10 extra rounds on the mag, and an HK-79. THEN, it'd pwn.
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

id love the PKM if it was more accurate. sad thing about high powered guns, too much recoil.
ayb
+0|6752|Orlando, FL

Hakiki wrote:

double capacity would be way unrealistic concidering the fact that the G3 uses 7.62mm cal.
what does that have to do with anything? that's what the ak-101 and ak-47 use.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6806|UK
The G3 is a great gun. Sure it would be nice if he had more bullets in a clip, but the power of the thing at close-quarters, and range, is fantastic. You have to make the right use of the gun, you can jump about spraying everywhere, but if you use it right it's great.
Coolbeano
+378|6760

ayb wrote:

Hakiki wrote:

double capacity would be way unrealistic concidering the fact that the G3 uses 7.62mm cal.
what does that have to do with anything? that's what the ak-101 and ak-47 use.
the '101 uses 5.56 ammo.

The thing about the G3 is that it's damn heavy already, without the extra 10 rounds, compared to the AK family.

THIS is what the game should have:
https://www.hkpro.com/image/hk79tank.jpg
extra 10 rounds, and the '79 added.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6766|Human Meat Shield
But why would you unlock this gun if the AK does 38dmg and the G3 40dmg, they are both just as accurate, I think the two times I've use this clip hog its really useless. The PKM does 45dmg spray and pray AND you never have to worry about ammo.
DeathCalibre
+0|6740
It needs the Grenade Launcher on it - that's my only gripe.
I only use G3 if I'm playing for USMC.
schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6776
I would love more ammo per clip, thats it.  Its an excellent dmg/accurate gun if used correctly but you do find yourself reloading alot especially at bad times.

And of course everyone else loves the launcher...meh (<-IS THAT EVEN A WORD!)
[CPD]588
ANTI-TANK
+0|6767|Columbus, Ga.
i dunno, i used this gun a few times, but found (due to the reloading) that i was better off sticking with the eryx/dao.
theoflow
+1|6754
I find the G3 an unblanced weapon.  The MEC and USMC assualt rifles are pretty accurate to begin with, and the grenade launcher is great when you need to kill 6+ players to cap a flag. 

As people mentioned before, the 20 round capacity is absolutely dismal.  Close range, like someone else said is any type of shotgun.  Actually i prefer the AK's close range because of the higher round capacity and option to take out two with the nade launcher.

I do like the long range accuracy and damage at those ranges, but if i'm going to focus primarily on long range, i'm just gonna snipe or use the G36.

If they increased the clip to 25 or keep the clip 20 and add a launcher, then it would be a good weapon.
Maj.Do
+85|6749|good old CA
i prefer the g36 over it .
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6753|Gold Coast, Australia
the G3 owns every one i shoot at with it, most people dont like it probably cuz they dont right click to aim.
Coolbeano
+378|6760

theoflow wrote:

If they increased the clip to 25 or keep the clip 20 and add a launcher, then it would be a good weapon.
clip interals after 20 are only 30 and a 50 round drum. even if it had the '79 on it, i still wouldn't use it until the clip was extended.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6811

n1nj41c l337ne55 wrote:

Your pistol is your friend...
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6753
odd how many people say the G3 needs a genade lanucher and the reasong I got the upgrade was for the normal grendaes.  Throws + bounce > lanuch and boom.  You can toss a grenade on a roof to kill a parachooted support gunner.  You cannot GL him.

If you are on a bridge, walkway what ever, and a UAV shows an enemy below you.  unless you can lean over the edge, you cannot tube him.  you can nade the fuckles out of em though.

The gun itself is a bit lacking.  The damage is not bad, but with the huge recoil penalty single shot is the only way to go (my preferance any way).  But with only 20 shots, you need to aim well.

Personaly the 20 rounds is not bad, but a few more clips would be nice.

Last edited by Umbra Acciptris (2005-11-12 18:50:26)

Coolbeano
+378|6760

Well keep in mind that you can see hand grenades.  And people run when they see.

I dunno 'bout you, bu it's awfully hard to dodge incoming 40mm's.

And if you chose it for the grenades, why not become a specops or a medic or something? Better guns, and plus you lose the smoke for C4 or health.
ST19AG_WGreymon
+5|6738|Clinton, MD, USA

Hakiki wrote:

double capacity would be way unrealistic concidering the fact that the G3 uses 7.62mm cal.  nother thing however that would make this a good option from the other ass.rifles is getting a grenadelauncer on it, which really is the strengt for the assault-kit... also the bullets from this rifle should imo do much more damage than it does...
heh heh...ass rifle.
=DBD=TITAN126
+5|6780
I had heard great things about the G3, so I unlocked it. I regret this decision greatly, as it is teh suckz0r. Its a waste of an unlock.

Last edited by =DBD=TITAN126 (2005-11-12 19:33:46)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard