Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6642|Camp XRay

Nyte wrote:

Sorry, I was wrong, I'm thinking of something else.  I know nothing about Safari.
I had to quote this so it would not disappear...
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6603|England

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Sorry, I was wrong, I'm thinking of something else.  I know nothing about Safari.
lol +1
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Its ok I've SSd it too... summin that monumental dosn't come round often
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6487

Opera wins...

Anyways, IE is damn slow compared to other browsers I have used.
kthxbye.

End of story.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672

Nyte wrote:

Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
Apache.  The most popular web server on the net.  Edit: 70% share, eat that fanboy.

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-09-11 13:19:27)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6638|Mhz

lol everyones so aggressive its cute... its software duckies not ur sisters virginity calm down
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

lol everyones so aggressive its cute... its software duckies not ur sisters virginity calm down
Shouting THOUGHT SO about something nerdy is asking for trouble on an intehwebs forum.  Anyway, here's another example:

https://www.mysql.com/why-mysql/marketshare/JoinVisionAbb3e_485.gif
Richard2000
Banned
+39|6564|England
i use firefox because i dont want adware and malware and spyware on my computer
ie sucks for that shit
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York
I dunno, I just prefer Firefox. It's cooler looking.
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6611|Lexington, Kentucky

Nyte wrote:

So why do people keep insisting on the secureness of firefox VS internet explorer?
I'll tell you why, just so they can act like they know something.
Hm. Whatever.

In my 13 years of computing experience, i have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting their security compromised while using IE.
I have, and to think I must be so uber-noober cause I only have 10 years. Sorry, man, but you are tolling.

To use firefox simply because of its "oh look I am computer 1337 cuz I use0r the firef0x" spells NOOB.
This is a discussion on browser architectures, not BF2. Please refrain from using l33t-speak, lest I pwn you with my uber translation skills.

IE 7 has TABS,
Because they've been left in the dust by Firefox having tabs for 5 years.

far better spyware protection,
BWAHAHA! This is why GOOGLE had to make a toolbar for IE to weed out the crap/popups people were getting?

ActiveX support,
ActiveX is one big giant security hole.
"Another source of Internet vulnerabilities lies within ActiveX technology, tiny scripts that automatically download when you visit certain Web pages. In most cases, they're good, adding music or animation to a page. But in some cases, criminal hackers have tweaked the code to damage your computer. Microsoft recently added a prompt to IE so that you can accept or deny ActiveX scripts. Firefox doesn't use ActiveX technology, which means that a few Web sites might not appear as their designers intended (although we were hard-pressed to find a site that didn't work because of this during our testing of Firefox)."
(1) http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-5561073-1.html

better STANDARDS COMPLIANCE (For all the fuckwads that believe in standards as if it even matters),
Being a web devoloper for 5 years, I can say with impunity that IE has NEVER had standards compliance.
http://www.idealog.us/2006/08/microsoft_drops.html

LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).
This is the BF2s.com Fire Brigade. You seem to be smoking, shall I put you out?
Firefox does the 6-month update to add features and close minor security holes. Microsoft's monthly holes are always legion in number, and are always rated "Critical", "Highly Critical", and "Severe".

Open Source = failure to begin with.  Even after 20 years, the UNIX kernel hasn't taken off as the industry standard.
You're right. Linux has. Linux is now the "Industry Standard" for server applications. Apache on Linux is what 70%* percent of webservers. Windows is only used anymore on workstations, mostly because it is what the unwashed herds that companies employ have experience with. Ask any IT/IS operative what s/he thinks of Microsoft IIS, and you are sure to discover some new words. 
*(2) http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_s … urvey.html

People are STILL using Windows 2000 (More than XP).  Open Source = Messy, Closed Source = More attention to the code because the developers actually get paid.  Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
Already did. Apache (dom. over IIS)
More examples: MythTV (over Windows MCE)

The only thing I can even think of that is remotely successful is the UNIX kernel running those mindless time-slicing benchmarks on SPARC systems (I'm pretty sure you people don't even know what I'm talking about, which justifies my claims even more).
What the hell? Where do you work in which people actually still use SPARC for anything? You seem to be stuck in the stone age, trying mindlessly to grep reasons for which 5-gen browser is better.

I'll update as I see fit. This is just off the top of my head.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6782|d
I hav not got a legit version of windows, so i choose FF. Anyway congrats NYTE on coming 2nd at DMZ sniper thing. i was admin.

Last edited by mafia996630 (2006-09-11 13:42:47)

UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672
All the best BF2 servers run on Linux.
RTG_ILLUSION
Like I fucking care
+29|6546

Kmarion wrote:

I can run IE inside of firefox. So I guess I use them both. I am not a MS hater neither I am running on Vista rc1 now.
Dude where the fuck have you been?  August 2006 CTP is out.
alpinestar
+304|6615|New York City baby.

Nyte wrote:

So why do people keep insisting on the secureness of firefox VS internet explorer?

In my 13 years of computing experience, i have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting their security compromised while using IE.  To use firefox simply because of its "oh look I am computer 1337 cuz I use0r the firef0x" spells NOOB.

IE 7 has TABS, far better spyware protection, ActiveX support, better STANDARDS COMPLIANCE (For all the fuckwads that believe in standards as if it even matters), LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).

Open Source = failure to begin with.  Even after 20 years, the UNIX kernel hasn't taken off as the industry standard.  People are STILL using Windows 2000 (More than XP).  Open Source = Messy, Closed Source = More attention to the code because the developers actually get paid.  Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
The only thing I can even think of that is remotely successful is the UNIX kernel running those mindless time-slicing benchmarks on SPARC systems (I'm pretty sure you people don't even know what I'm talking about, which justifies my claims even more).

So to the people who like firefox in place of IE,  justify your stupid reason for doing so please so I can laugh because I know for a fact you can't.

Microsoft supporter, and fucking proud of it.
Hi retard. LOL

normal HTTP request
        Client     Server
1.     SYN ->    
2.         <- SYN/ACK
3.     ACK ->    
4.     Request ->    
IE Http request with IIS (MS = shit)
Client     Server
1.     Request ->    
        Uh... what? Dunno what the hell this is. I'll ignore it, or RST.
2.     Oh, you're a standard server. Okay: SYN ->    
3.         <- SYN/ACK
4.     ACK ->    
5.     Request ->

Last edited by alpinestar (2006-09-11 13:57:10)

RTG_ILLUSION
Like I fucking care
+29|6546

Anfidurl wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Hm. Whatever.

In my 13 years of computing experience, i have NEVER heard of ANYONE getting their security compromised while using IE.
I have, and to think I must be so uber-noober cause I only have 10 years. Sorry, man, but you are tolling.

To use firefox simply because of its "oh look I am computer 1337 cuz I use0r the firef0x" spells NOOB.
This is a discussion on browser architectures, not BF2. Please refrain from using l33t-speak, lest I pwn you with my uber translation skills.

IE 7 has TABS,
Because they've been left in the dust by Firefox having tabs for 5 years.

far better spyware protection,
BWAHAHA! This is why GOOGLE had to make a toolbar for IE to weed out the crap/popups people were getting?

ActiveX support,
ActiveX is one big giant security hole.
"Another source of Internet vulnerabilities lies within ActiveX technology, tiny scripts that automatically download when you visit certain Web pages. In most cases, they're good, adding music or animation to a page. But in some cases, criminal hackers have tweaked the code to damage your computer. Microsoft recently added a prompt to IE so that you can accept or deny ActiveX scripts. Firefox doesn't use ActiveX technology, which means that a few Web sites might not appear as their designers intended (although we were hard-pressed to find a site that didn't work because of this during our testing of Firefox)."
(1) http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-5561073-1.html

better STANDARDS COMPLIANCE (For all the fuckwads that believe in standards as if it even matters),
Being a web devoloper for 5 years, I can say with impunity that IE has NEVER had standards compliance.
http://www.idealog.us/2006/08/microsoft_drops.html

LESS VULNERABILITIES (You heard that bitches, recent tests according to ZDNET, ARSTECHNICA have shown that IE 7 has LESS security holes than Firedumbfox 1.5).  WAY faster updates (Microsofts monthly critical updates VS Firefox's 6 month release updates, FUCKING OWNED YES).
This is the BF2s.com Fire Brigade. You seem to be smoking, shall I put you out?
Firefox does the 6-month update to add features and close minor security holes. Microsoft's monthly holes are always legion in number, and are always rated "Critical", "Highly Critical", and "Severe".

Open Source = failure to begin with.  Even after 20 years, the UNIX kernel hasn't taken off as the industry standard.
You're right. Linux has. Linux is now the "Industry Standard" for server applications. Apache on Linux is what 70%* percent of webservers. Windows is only used anymore on workstations, mostly because it is what the unwashed herds that companies employ have experience with. Ask any IT/IS operative what s/he thinks of Microsoft IIS, and you are sure to discover some new words. 
*(2) http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_s … urvey.html

People are STILL using Windows 2000 (More than XP).  Open Source = Messy, Closed Source = More attention to the code because the developers actually get paid.  Give me 1 example where an OPEN SOURCE piece of software actually became a dominant success in its field, THOUGHT SO.
Already did. Apache (dom. over IIS)
More examples: MythTV (over Windows MCE)

What the hell? Where do you work in which people actually still use SPARC for anything? You seem to be stuck in the stone age, trying mindlessly to grep reasons for which 5-gen browser is better.

I'll update as I see fit. This is just off the top of my head.
Yeah sure you can quote shit all day long but do you know anything?  Or did your mom buy you a puter for xmass?

Who gives a shit anyway.  Microsoft has and will forever be on top.  The only thing that can stop Microsoft is Microsoft.  It has gone on far to long that way and noone will change.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6603|England
I like how nyte realises hes wrong and is scared to show his face again...
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6484|Melbourne - Home of Football
Maybe he was joking and just trying to get all of you all worked up?
Because if he wasn't...

Your basic problem with IE x, doesn't matter what version, is all those corporate people using it on a day to day basis to surf the web, plus everyone who go it with their OEM windows at home: the fact is, it's the most used browser in the world, though Firefox is steadily gaining market share. Hackers and those who create adware / malware do mostly for profit, once they've advanced beyond the teenage "oh I hacked ur myspace password, I'm so cool" stage. Those who 'hack' for profit will always target the biggest percentages, and with IE still 75% + of the browser market, it's going to continue being the one most under attack, and therefore with the most security holes.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672

RTG_ILLUSION wrote:

Who gives a shit anyway.  Microsoft has and will forever be on top.  The only thing that can stop Microsoft is Microsoft.  It has gone on far to long that way and noone will change.
I bet that's what people in the Roman Empire said before it collapsed...
jord
+2,382|6697|The North, beyond the wall.

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RTG_ILLUSION wrote:

800 years,

I'm betting Microsoft are still around in 800 years.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6672

jord wrote:

UnOriginalNuttah wrote:

RTG_ILLUSION wrote:

800 years,

I'm betting Microsoft are still around in 800 years.
Moves are shorter after 1950, haven't you played Civilization?  I'd give 'em 30-40 years based on the number of years per move for the current era

edit: or is it after 1850?

Last edited by UnOriginalNuttah (2006-09-11 14:24:19)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6560|Winterpeg, Canada
Hey Nyte, do you create threads for the sole purpose of getting flamed?
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6686|Austin, TX

Uhhh yeah...
IE Past = slow browser, Malware\Spyware and god-knows-what-the-fuck-else
Firefox Past = Fast secure all around great project w/ plugins galore.

Looking at the past history of those 2 is not going to want to make some one jump up and install IE7.

Don't ever dis open source again. You can thank open source for bf2s, without it we couldn't run PHP, MySQL, or even having the server running Linux without having to pay $$ out the ass for licensing. Not to mention these forums are a open source project (PunBB).
Also, open source has proven to be the most secure due to the fact the source is available and having multiple programmers/hackers look at the source to make sure there are no security holes. As opposed to a closed source project where you only have just a few programmers working on it that may not know jack shit about security.
So next time you want to dis open source I suggest you open your eyes and look at the world you live in.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

OP: Dude, troll much? No offense, but 13 years of computing experience means little more than having pumped gas for the same amount of time. Coming out and saying "HAHA, IE7 is here so all you Firefox people SUCK" is like an Intel fanboy jumping up and down in glee about outdoing AMD after all this time. I have been using Firefox because I did not want to bother with the plagued, headache-inducing hassle that was IE6, and to be honest I will not really interested in IE7 until Microsoft pulls some sort of proprietary move requiring it to be used to view special media, or until I acquire Vista.

You'd think PC people would be allies, but no...you have nerds ripping on eachother for BROWSERS. You are a douche and an asshat.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-09-11 16:06:20)

Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6611|Lexington, Kentucky

RTG_ILLUSION wrote:

Yeah sure you can quote shit all day long but do you know anything?  Or did your mom buy you a puter for xmass?
Wow. Can you be any more condecending?

Um. That wasn't my argument. My argument was that Microsoft products are shit. Let me give an analogy.

GM. GM is the predominant carmaker in the United States.
However, GM cars have been known to be crap for 20 years now, and are losing market share to the Japanese who build a much better car.

Microsoft has a craptastical browser, in which they have left their users in the cold for 5 years. Now that they are finally losing ground to Firefox, they've been copying *basic* features of said browser for a new release.
Even so, IE7 will not provide such useful tools like Adblock, Adblock Filterset.G Auto-updater, Foxlingo Translation, Coral Cache tools, Page Resurrecter, Session Saver, Down Them All, Sun Cult, User Agent Switcher, etc.

As Nyte said so flamously, "Fucking Owned."
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6709|Devon, England
wow, i actually agree on something you have said...

IE7 owns.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard