SgtMurphy
+11|6558
Wow, what a joke this is....

You know, it really would be nice for once in a blue moon that DICE had a friggin clue how to
setup and manage a game. I mean lets be honest here. We're stuck with what they give us, like
it or not due to the fact of ranked servers having so limited rules.

My question is this though.  For all this time, Ive heard 'Dont like choppers? 1.4 gonna fix that.'
'Dont like all the lame jet bombs, 1.4 patch gonna fix that.'   Correct me if Im wrong, someone,
but from what I can tell, after playing 3-4 games in I/O mode, ALL the friggin vehicles are gone.
No option for 'No Aircraft' 'No Armor' etc etc etc.. Either ALL or NONE.  What a choice! What a crock!

I was really hoping that great maps like Wake Island could do away with all the air whoring
and become a No Aircraft map with this latest patch, but no, I havent seen one map running IO mode,
and why would they, theyd have to take out all the jeeps, tanks, etc also.. thats no good.

So, once again, DICE throws in a across the board ALL or NONE 'option' that is really no option at
all, if you ask me. Quite silly, Quite ignorant.

Wake Island with no jets and choppers would be awesome. No more of the China team raping
the hell out of the carrier for 20-45 minutes while 10 or 15 guys try to land on the beach and get
a base.  Sitting ducks they are. Hell I slaughter them too (not the jet and chopper slaughter, though..
thats just down right lame..)

All the other games I have reviewed and played have soooooo many more options for admins to
set up their servers. BF2 is controlled in gestapo fashion.. but why?  The integrity of their stats system?
What a pathetic joke that is, no?  I mean Ive seen so much stat padding, air whoring, ranked servers
shut down to public so clans can pad their stats privately, on and on.  The stat system is ridiculous.
Keep the stats. But get out of the integrity business, EA, you have none yourself, so why try to act
like you do.

Options, Thats what this game needs.   Sure would be nice. Sure would make this game 10x beter.
But nah says EA, we want the chopper tard who has 80 kills and 1 death by raping the carrier for
45 minutes, we want his stats to count as skill. 

The 'ranked server' is the main reason this game has so many problems.

Laughable.

yeah yeah, I know, go play checkers.... well youre right, at least that way I'd know the teams
are REALLY even.

Last edited by SgtMurphy (2006-09-10 21:11:47)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

So you don't like the patch?
leesupport
+39|6700
dude Wake with no jets or choppers??....ahh yea so China guys can sit there in tanks on the shore waiting for the boats to come:]
SgtMurphy
+11|6558

usmarine2005 wrote:

So you don't like the patch?
hmm, well in some things I do, Im just saying DICE only does things if its easy to do...

NO vehicles or Vehicles, simple, eh ?  well I guess thats all I should expect from them, anyways....
They've proven to the gaming world they are incapable of quality.
SgtMurphy
+11|6558

leesupport wrote:

dude Wake with no jets or choppers??....ahh yea so China guys can sit there in tanks on the shore waiting for the boats to come:]
uhhh, YEAH.. thats exactly what I mean.. I find it easy myself ESPECIALLY when I dont get killed 8
times by jet bombs and 10 times by some 12 year old in a chopper circling around the carrier
slaughtering all of us..

I cant count the number of games of wake I have played where it took 20 minutes for the usa to even
establish 1 base due to all the chopper spam, jet tards, and arty on the carrier.  But hey, lets make
damn sure those air tards get their 10-1 k/d ratios eh ?

Played a game of wake today, was on china, my teammate who flew the jet had 80 kills and 1 death.
Thats EVEN, yeap.
leesupport
+39|6700
nah all they need to do is fix that J-10 cause that thing is way too good i mean all you do is shoot and turn cause you already know you missles are going to hit so if Wake had F-18s or they fix the F-35B then Wake would be a lot better
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

I don't get why you care about the no vehicles mode.  You are not forced to play it, so what is your problem?
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6504|Melbourne

If im in a J-10 on wake i try to stay away from ground units at the start and just stick to whats in the air jets & choopers etc.  for even more of a challange and yes i have done this myself try and bomb a black hawk.  but once the USMC have hit a base and capped it its pwning time for me.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
poor baby, did they take away your spawn camping on karkand apc, someone needs a hug.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

WilhelmSissener wrote:

poor baby, did they take away your spawn camping on karkand apc, someone needs a hug.
lol
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada
yay another fucking crybaby.... how about you just dont use servers with the no vehicles option.

moron...
Nd4Spdr
Stuck in the Dirty Souf way too long...
+10|6729|ATL
I think no vehicles is gay. If you don't want vehicles play CoD or CS. However, even if I wanted to play with no tanks or air vehicles it still needs jeeps or dune buggies because walking around takes for ever.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Nd4Spdr wrote:

I think no vehicles is gay. If you don't want vehicles play CoD or CS. However, even if I wanted to play with no tanks or air vehicles it still needs jeeps or dune buggies because walking around takes for ever.
Or go play something else if you do not like the no vehicles option...oh wait ...you can.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
SgtMurphy, this one is for you

https://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=46228

Last edited by WilhelmSissener (2006-09-10 21:59:13)

Marinejuana
local
+415|6602|Seattle
i do agree with the author (but christ, did it have to be book-length?)

did any of you play rogue spear or rainbow six back in the day?

Of RS i can remember for sure that u could disable any weapon or item. So if u didnt want people using the heartbeat sensor (UAV), or grenades, or rifles, or anything, you could just set it that way. It was a lot of fun and kept the game interesting.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

Marinejuana wrote:

i do agree with the author (but christ, did it have to be book-length?)

did any of you play rogue spear or rainbow six back in the day?

Of RS i can remember for sure that u could disable any weapon or item. So if u didnt want people using the heartbeat sensor (UAV), or grenades, or rifles, or anything, you could just set it that way. It was a lot of fun and kept the game interesting.
Dude.  I just clicked your stats and you were playing Karkand IO........ Who do you agree with?
ChyneseGUY
+20|6502
you know just wondering. i havnt played for about a week and havnt installed 1.4 yet. how would wake work with no vehicles? i mean is US suppose to swim all the way across or what.
Moggle
+4|6596|I'm not sure

leesupport wrote:

nah all they need to do is fix that J-10 cause that thing is way too good i mean all you do is shoot and turn cause you already know you missles are going to hit so if Wake had F-18s or they fix the F-35B then Wake would be a lot better
Almost right, but not quite...

The F-35B's on Wake are not actually fighter-bombers....They just look like them!

They are actually fast moving transports just good enough to get one squad leader behind enemy lines on each side of the island.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669
The only thing I have noticed is that infantry only also means no arty....at least that seems to be the case on every server I have been to running IO.  Pretty much no point in being a commander (not really but cuts your decisions down a ton).
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6539
DICE and EA have already said "were not touching the jets because we are getting paid to be lazy shit fuckers and coding something right would be too hard for our little nerdy hands instead well give you a shit no vehicle mode because we want to marry our shitty stats system thats made for vehicle whores"
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6679|USA
Cmon guys. Some maps are obviously not going to be setup for IO only. Zatar, Daqing, Dragon Valley, and sorry but yes Wake too. IO is for Jalalalalalalabad, Karkand, mashtuur.......thats about all.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6615|Cheshire. UK
This is a bit  " horses for courses" ...but I have noticed on Inf Only maps ...you now get spammed with Grenades of 31 snipers on a 32 man side !!!

Either way it would be easier if the Servers were shown as Inf Only..a couple of times Ive logged into Inf Only and not known for the first couple of minutes..!!
SamuraiDogg
+2|6634|Germany | Nationality Turkish
Im an infantry player but IO is just boring. Vehicles keep the game dynamic. It would be more fun to reduce the number of vehicles for some maps.
Zefar
+116|6666|Sweden

ChyneseGUY wrote:

you know just wondering. i havnt played for about a week and havnt installed 1.4 yet. how would wake work with no vehicles? i mean is US suppose to swim all the way across or what.
I belive they get boats to use because on one map I had the chance of using boats even thou it was IO.

Also to first poster, if you don't find any IO server WHY THE HELL DO YOU BITCH?

It's like me going to bitch about something going on in USA about how bad it is even thou I live Sweden. Seriously so far there are few IO maps and most of them play Karkand, Jalalaba, Mashtur City and one of the chinese maps.

Also if you could specefic which vehicles that should be gone some people would take away the Airplanes on wake and totally rape USMC. think about it, how big chance do the USMC have to get in at all?
Choppers are easy to take down if you use the MG on the tanks or the cars.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6565|USA bitches!
IO is nice, but on some maps, you need jeeps. Jalalabad with no jeeps = too much running. I guess that's what extended sprint is for, but still, it's a lot of running. I like Jalalabad, but with vehicles... so I can jihad tank whores.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard