Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6593|Scarborough Yorkshire England
Anyone can be a good gunner it is all down to the pilot.  If you've got a pilot who has watched too many episodes of Airwolf and Blue Thunder, who zooms around the map killing things himself with his rockets then bail out and leave the idiot to fly for his own precious points.  A good pilot will fly for his gunner keeping the chopper steady (you only have to keep it steady for 5-10 seconds (probably less) till I get the tv missile off) and only using his missiles if the gunner misses.  Fair enough if the lock on warning sounds weave roll do what ever to keep us alive but after that back to lining up your gunner.  There is nothing worse than a pilot who zooms around the map using his rockets all the time and then moans about his gunner not being able to hit anything.  (Yes because your a tit who flys for themselves)
Voip, Ts etc is a must for good pilot + gunner teams even though a good system of communication can be used with the Page up/down buttons.
If someeone tells me to get out I either sit there telling them to bail out or sit there telling them to get in, so they think im an idoit before we take off. The only time I will vacate a chopper seat is if it is 2 members of the same clan wanting to fly together because they will more than likely have TS etc set up, if they don't say thanks though I will wait for the chopper to respawn and I AM NOT GETTING OUT THIS TIME
To those who say noobs shouldn't fly etc, give them a chance they gotta learn somewhere, try teaching them a few hints and tips, they will respect you far more, rather than thinking asshole.
My 2 cents

P.S. I cannot fly at all you wanna feel sick let me fly you in an attack chopper rofls all round

Last edited by Jinto-sk (2006-09-27 06:55:13)

DSRTurtle
+56|6687
Most of the posts since my last post are from people who have absolutely no respect for the opinions and thoughts of others.  They are also the same ones who will find themselves repeatedly kicked and banned from servers by admins who want everyone to have fun regardless of winning or losing or points. 

Everyone who plays BF2 hates losing.  If you don't your strange in my book, buts a different thread.  Yes I hate losing, but showing a little respect towards your fellow players regardless of the skill level of yourself and them is much more important than getting a damned medal at the end of the round for your "high" score.

95% of the time I fly a chopper it is with a Clan Mate.  If I don't have one playing with me in what ever server I'm in or we are on different teams I will wait for a "public" gunner.  If we get shot down and both wait the chopper to respawn, I will be more than happy to let him fly if he wants. 

I am by no means the best gunner or pilot or anything else in this game.  I certainly don't care that I am.  I play to have fun with my friends, and hopefully make some new ones. 

I hate teamkills and have to many as it is.  Some are on purpose for people being asshats to me.  Most are accidental.  Of the accidental ones, some I have deserved to be punished for, others I should have been forgiven for beacause of the person's lack of judgement. 

If your one of those who goes around TKing people for a vehicle then you need to grow up and get a life.  Life is about give and take.  BF2 is for you and everyone else who plays it to have fun.  Yeah, the medals and ribbons and badges are cool.  I want them all, but I want to have fun first.  If that means flying a chopper for someone who doesn't know how to use the TV missle fine.  I will ask when I realize he might not know there is one.  If he does, I will tell him to kill the armor and other vehicles with it first then worry about the grunts on the ground.  Sure the grunts on the ground die faster by the gun, but to kill them you have to kill the biggest threat to you and your pilot. 

If my gunner misses with the TV missle.  Fine. I will either use rockets or manuever away and come back to give him another and hopefully better shot.  All to often I have not given my gunner the best shot on a target and he misses.  When I know I screwed up in that respect I apologize and try to give him a better shot. 

I have had other pilots do the same for me.  I generally say no prolbem or thanks.  Sometimes I don't say anything because I'm concentrating on killing everything I can.

Jinto, the way to get better at flying is to just keep working at it.  I've gotten to the point I can almost fly a SF chopper the way I want someone to fly it for me.  I generally practice in an empty server.  If I get shot down repeatedly, I ask everyone there for some help.  Most people are willing to help you get better by giving you their tips. 

Here's one I found works for me for Reg BF2 Choppers.  I use the throttle on my joystick to set the power where I can hover when it's level.  The chopper doesn't gain or lose altitude that way.  As I fly with the mouse and keyboard normally, that setting on my joystick allows me help my gunner get a better shot when I remove my fingers from the W and S keys.  I can still turn and do whatever, but that hover setting helps me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard