jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6567|Singapore
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6509|New York!
Finally a movie to go with my favorite games of all times!  Good find +1!
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6760|Melbourne, Australia
omg i pitched this idea on half-life2.net ages ago!!!
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6785|Germany
i hop it is a fake!!
I
DONT
WANT
TO
SEE
SUCH
AN
UGLY
GORDON FREEMAN!
herrr_smity
+156|6669|space command ur anus
i don't think this is going to work
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
yer i realy dont think it will work it will be a total flop an ruin the game ...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6671|Washington, DC

Wtf... he put his e-mail in the "credits" thing at the end?
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6484|Austria - Graz
I hope if its gonna be a real film, it wont be such a crap like other game movies (like doom)

And Gordon rly looks a bit... LOL! No1 will take him serious! Even the Head craps
Whodofart
+11|6483|U.S.A.
All i want to know is....Who is playing the Gman? Gman is the most important character.  I like who they picked to Gordon.  My opinion, id like to see Christopher Walken or the actor who plays Monk in the USA series (dont know his name) play the Gman. 

What do you all think?
truE_Undi$puted
Banned
+2|6546|UK
It doesn't even look slightly real! Ofcourse I'd love a HL movie but thats just pathetic!
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6687|Nova Scotia

truE_Undi$puted wrote:

It doesn't even look slightly real! Ofcourse I'd love a HL movie but thats just pathetic!
What he said.
DocZ
+13|6729|Belgium
obviously a fake.... nice editing though........

Check IMBD, if it's not on there, it doesn't exist... If there is even a faint rumor of a movie being made, they go with it....
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6716|Moscow, Russia
Grr, FAKE!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6815|Noizyland

The guys who madew the game were really solid on the fact that they didn't want there to be a bullshit movie made around their game. They knew it was going to be inevidable - I mean Hell - it's a great storyline. They still havn't signed up to any agreement, although they've had heaps of offerings. One read of the script and they basicly turn it down.

It would be cool if there was a Half-life movie, but they'd have to do it right, and it's a tricky thing to do.

In my opinion, I'd still think any Half-Life movie would be fucken awesome as long as they used Christopher Walken as the G-Man. (C'mon, he's PERFECT for the role!)
(Whodofart, should have read your post before writing - good to see we're on the same page though. )

Hmmm... I wonder who else would star in it? To state the freakishly obvious, Morgan Freeman would be good in it, not as his namesake of course, but he's perfect for Dr. Eli Vance.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6760|Las Vegas
I can't see a movie where the main character doesn't talk really working out....

I think Ben Kingsley would also make a great G-man though.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6815|Noizyland

Ben Kingsley? Meh. Too bald. Chris Walken all the way.

That is a problem eh, finding some dialogue for Gordon.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6735|The Ville
dude if this is fake I am pissed now lol, I've been waiting for a half life movie for ages why not ? if the first one does good there can be 2 then 3 I so can't wait.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6543|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Nice find man +1 For You

https://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8140/1fx8.png
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6631|Your attic
Yea that's fake, unless the people that made the hulk let them use some of their footage.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6815|Noizyland

Terrible, terrible job at faking a trailer. I've never seen anything so unconvincing... well actually once I heard THA was going to give up drinking...

This is the kind of thing you make when you don't have a girlfriend. Or a life.

Anyway,

Half Life 2 would make a better movie anyway. I found that #1 wasn't very good. Probably because I made the mistake of playing it after #2. Still, zapping to alien worlds and fighting big "bosses" - it's far too video-gamey for a movie. HL1 came out of the cliche stage of gaming, it's main difference was the lack of cutscenes and glimmerings of a storyline. Other than that it was pretty much Duke Nukem 3D really.

I reckon they should do a Lord of the Rings style intro - you know that first big battle with Sauron at the start which showed the parth of the ring etc. - they should do a similar thing to illustrate the events which occurred at Black Mesa and then just get to the HL2 story. I reckon it's good starting with Half Life 2 anyway, because even if you didn't play Half Life 1 you pieced together the story. It was more fun that way.
[Blinking eyes thing]
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here

Ty wrote:

Terrible, terrible job at faking a trailer. I've never seen anything so unconvincing... well actually once I heard THA was going to give up drinking...

This is the kind of thing you make when you don't have a girlfriend. Or a life.

Anyway,

Half Life 2 would make a better movie anyway. I found that #1 wasn't very good. Probably because I made the mistake of playing it after #2. Still, zapping to alien worlds and fighting big "bosses" - it's far too video-gamey for a movie. HL1 came out of the cliche stage of gaming, it's main difference was the lack of cutscenes and glimmerings of a storyline. Other than that it was pretty much Duke Nukem 3D really.

I reckon they should do a Lord of the Rings style intro - you know that first big battle with Sauron at the start which showed the parth of the ring etc. - they should do a similar thing to illustrate the events which occurred at Black Mesa and then just get to the HL2 story. I reckon it's good starting with Half Life 2 anyway, because even if you didn't play Half Life 1 you pieced together the story. It was more fun that way.
NO WAY I THINK HL1 NEEDS TO BE MADE... but as many people have said the risk of them making a movie an fucking it up is to high a risk and would soil the game for ever..
Stomper_40k
Re-Incarnation. You mean re-spawn right?
+44|6686|Cardiff - Wales - UK
I hope thats a hoax because making a movie about the game half life is an accident waiting to happen.
asbad
+19|6762|Ireland
Director Quentin Tarantino (who is said to be a Half-Life fan) has reportedly considered the possibility of directing a movie adaptation. Valve has stated however that they have had no contact with Quentin Tarantino nor any of "his people." Valve went on to comment that, "We've had many conversations with folks in Hollywood, but have no commitments for a HL movie at this time." Many professionally-written scripts for a Half-Life movie have been sent to Valve, but turned away, as Valve said they all "sucked".
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6807|UK
Guys that was an extremely fake trailer. All they did was extract parts of game videos, the chopper part.. and filmed a guy standing in a hospital.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6483|Stealth City, UK

Vilham wrote:

Guys that was an extremely fake trailer. All they did was extract parts of game videos, the chopper part.. and filmed a guy standing in a hospital.
Duh....isnt that what everyone heres been saying?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard