david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6731|Comber, Northern Ireland
this map is one the best maps to come out soo far i think, it is good for sniping but it is also good for owning those snipers, the vehicle only option on this mpa is amazing too, i have heard alot of comments saying that only a few kits are played with no vehicles, yea thats because no one is going to play engineer or spec ops or anti tank on a map with no vehicles are they? so of course everyone is going to play as either sniper, gunner, or medic, and assault.

Then when there are vehicles its sooo much fun to have armour battles in the streets, driving around in the buggys running poeple over.

I have played just oer 5 hours on this map, so i know it pretty well (alot from singleplayer) i have won most rounds and my highscore on the map is 111 and that was from infy only 100% ground pounding as assault,

so why are you people giving it a bad rep? because you get owned by snipers? go a sniper yourself and headshot the twat, or because armour is raping your ass? well grab yourself a tank and put up a fight.

my two cents
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6523|Sydney, in 1978
i agree it is one of the best maps, but cpuldnt hold a candle to wake island (and no im not a jet whore, and just so you believ me, here are my stats :http://bf2s.com/player/65989980/ )
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6651|BC, Canada
because people around here are whiny little bitches that have to complain about everything humanly possible.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6567
my only complaint is on infantry only. US have to spend almost half a game trying to get a flag in the city.
Apart from that its an ace map.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6680|Computer Chair
Jet whores get owned since there are no jets.
Armor whores get C4ed.
Only groundpounders like it.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6767|WC
boo
stef10
+173|6474|Denmark
Well after finally recovering my cd-key I tried it, and was very positive. But omg there was a lot of nade spamming. It was like real war. Huuuray.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK
who's slamming it? bring 'em here so i can stab 'em
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6611|Manitowoc, WI
Because no one knows how to spell it.  It's J-A-L-A-L-A-B-A-D, Jalalabad.  Just 2 "la's".
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6432|A drop house
People think it will become like Karkand and be way over played.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6470|San Diego, CA
Apart from the massive C4-using, its a decent map.

Edit: and if you are thinking about getting your ground defense badges, this map is probably the right place

Last edited by GhostStalker0 (2006-09-10 09:56:39)

=]DH[=RobinHood[ire]92
+0|6469|4th Floor
I like sniping...
and medic whoring...
and assault attacking...
and spraying bullets with my PKM (ppl killing machine)
so all in all a good map
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6522|Boston, MA

Angel.C-sq wrote:

Jet whores get owned since there are no jets.
Armor whores get C4ed.
Only groundpounders like it.
"Armor whores" get c4ed on every map. So basically all this has for ground pounders is no jets. So does that mean only ground pounders love Karkand and Jalalabad? Well...

I'm a ground pounder, I don't really like it that much at all. I like as many vehicles as possible, just means more shit to blow up! Any true ground pounder who enjoys working as a team, like myself, love other maps that have true battles such as Wake Island and Sharqui Peninsula. You have to work as a team to overcome those "Armor Whores." Same with any vehicle. I think it's more fun to work as a team and take out enemy vehicles than it is to just shoot people. Seriously, if you don't believe me, go find a Wake server with 64 people on it and wait until USMC captures the south part of the island. Pretty much everybody not in air vehicles are fighting between the beach and the airfield, now THAT is a great infantry battle. Not these little things you see in Karkand and Jalalabad. Just go give it a shot and you'll see why 90% of the time I play, I only join servers that are currently running Sharqui or Wake.

Last edited by FrankieSpankie3388 (2006-09-10 10:02:42)

[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6714|Oregon
well, myself knowing a decent amount about map making, they probably churned this bad-boy out in 10 minutes flat. its plays well on infantry only, but the only time its good for tank whorage is when the MEC owns all the flags, and they are baseraping the US team shitless, which happens more often than not. they made minor oversights, which are even in their BF2 editor tutorial on how to fix...wth. they coulda done a much better job on this map, esp with all the time it was in beta, etc.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
I like the map, i own in a tank or any class too. Spec ops is fun on infantry only btw, so is anti tank
Lufbery
+2|6431|Dallas, TX, USA
I think its pretty sweet. 16 player inf only is awesome, really intense. 32 and 64 arent too bad either.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6558|England

It plays like an SF map with a lot of the rooftops being accessable. This makes the map more alive and more than one dimensional *cough* karkand *cough. And, unlike karkand, Jalalalalalalalalabad is a great map, and is one of the only city maps where you get more than 1 AT player per team, most of whom organise themselves (somewhat) into defending CP's against maraudering USMC armour.

Nade spamming and claywhoring is a lot less scarce in it compared to karkand. Its just a shame that the map is heavily based in the USMC favour.
StrydA
+1|6519|Essex
its a great map but with vechiles it a bit unbalanced, the best and fairest map i would say is Warlord on Special Forces
MagiCandy
+18|6646
It is a decent map, but it would have been better if they put some actual effort into it. Besides using recycled buildings, and poor lighting.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
Jalalalalalalalalalalaalalalaallllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalalaalabad its good map for all infantry.
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6567|federal way washington
first few times i was doing nothing but dying but now there are so many good hiding spots it ranks up with karkand for a great map, it rules, as long as its a big server, only a dozen people playing does not make sense
eagles1106
+269|6576|Marlton, New Jersey.
It really is a kickass map, and ive been trying to tell people but nobody will listen
Id have to say its the best map in all of bf2 for capping flags, idk why, but it is.  I probably get like 30-40 cap points per round on it.  And my stats are pretty well on it...
     Time       Wins     Loses      Ratio       BR
05:03:14        13         6          2.17       104
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England

david363 wrote:

only a few kits are played with no vehicles, yea thats because no one is going to play engineer or spec ops or anti tank on a map with no vehicles are they?
I am almost exclusively Sniper and Spec Ops whether the map is No Vehicles or not.  I find that the weapons for Spec Ops are far more accurate than those of Assault, and i prefer accuracy over power.  It is fairly easy to hit a distant target with the G36C.  I can't remember the last time i played Assault.  I haven't actually played Jahalabad yet is it on the Vanilla version of BF2??
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
AH1Z SOCOM GHOST
+32|6636|Minnesota
I havent even played this map yet. Cuz there's no choppers
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad
This map= omg <3 SVD PWNAGE

its so open for USMC, but, there are WAY too many tanks, like, 5+ in total, its BS, always two tanks capping your flag

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard