_-_911_-_180891
+540|6501|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

~Smokey~ wrote:

Good for you mate.
Ermmm.. have you even been in Saudi A. or United Arab Emirats or so????

It looks like Jalalalalabad... all grey and stuff... I was born the *U.A.E* trust me the map is perfectly fitted...

And Wake Island wasn't created by EA some othe... dude very popular for making maps like Wake ... So stop whining....
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6768|New York

eagles1106 wrote:

Um I just played on a clan server with a clan I know and got over 80 points each round, on jalalabad.  The map owns for capping bases, too.
Stats are serious business.
Phrozenbot
+632|6614|do not disturb

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

It looks like my first custom map I ever made.... only a lot worse.  Lightmaps were rendered very low, too many tall buildings which makes it laggy, and a general bad design.  I would have much rather seen a custom map competition for map makers.... there are some really great guys in the community but no one is gonna play unranked servers.  Your doing good just to get 99% of ppl off Karkand.
Yup yup, can't agree more. Seen some really cool custom maps, but unless everyone has the map (included in a patch), then people probably won't play it. Even then, some maps don't get played
jax
+12|6766

killaer wrote:

Honestly, When Wake came out it looked amazing, nice new great looking map, and it really seemed like EA put EFFORT into this...
did u realise that the wake island 2007 exactly the same as wake island in bf1942, all they did was add comand asets and replace the battle ship with an island and the death guns with bunkers. they obviously didn't put much effort into it compared to jellybad which would have taken longer even though they reused buildings etc
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

It looks like my first custom map I ever made.... only a lot worse.  Lightmaps were rendered very low, too many tall buildings which makes it laggy, and a general bad design.  I would have much rather seen a custom map competition for map makers.... there are some really great guys in the community but no one is gonna play unranked servers.  Your doing good just to get 99% of ppl off Karkand.
I really like that idea..
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6688|Tampa Bay Florida
I think it's rather cool, but ok go ahead and hate it.  It's only the MOST INFANTRY FRIENDLY MAP in the game, but ok. 

Great spawnpoints, great building placement, great sniping positions, tanks aren't too powerful, etc.

I've completely reversed my opinion form when I first played on the map
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6520
Its ok but nothing special tbh! I was expecting it to be a lot better than it is!
Still at least its something new i have started 2 get bored of the other maps!
eagles1106
+269|6582|Marlton, New Jersey.

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Um I just played on a clan server with a clan I know and got over 80 points each round, on jalalabad.  The map owns for capping bases, too.
Stats are serious business.
No, theyre not, and I dont intend that. What I intend is that if you really try, the map isnt as bad as it seems and you may have fun playing it
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6822|St. Louis, MO
It looks like Karkand threw up.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6643|Ohio
I really havent had that much problem with nades, mostly when i played it one half of each team were snipers, and the other half were medics, and there was a huge sniper war between the rocks near the first base. It was quite fun.

I dont like IO karkand that much tho. that trully is nade spamming. I charged guys, and they threw nades at me, not even drawing a gun. Its not even funny.
Rabbit.v2
Banned
+186|6527|stalker.
I totally agree hate nade spam! and the map of course,
-OGz-Badge
+8|6441
I like the map it has the most intense firefights out of all the maps.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6625|Canada
dice and ea used the same old boring buildings. the least they could have done was design sum new wreckages or buildings
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6589|Reisterstown, MD

I like it especially for infantry only.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

this map is excellent for us uber leet wannabe snipers

but other than that

https://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/surgeon_2006/gaythread.jpg
twiistaaa
+87|6667|mexico

destruktion_6143 wrote:

the least they could have done was design sum new wreckages or buildings
like the one where the plane is crashed into the building causing a new wreckage?

wtf is this.. last week its:

"WHEN IS THAT PATCH COMING OUT!! I WANT MY PATCH BECAUSE I KEEP CRASHING!! I HATE EA/DICE!!"

now its:

"I WANT NEW BUILDINGS! I WANT THE GAME EXACTLY THE WAY I WANT AND TO HELL WITH EVERYONE ELSE!! OH YEAH I PROBABLY STILL HATE EA/DICE"

Last edited by twiistaaa (2006-09-09 21:04:00)

Tor77
Ron Jeremy Apprentice
+84|6651|Norway
I think Jalalabad is great.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

destruktion_6143 wrote:

dice and ea used the same old boring buildings. the least they could have done was design sum new wreckage's or buildings
I don't get it.  Why is everyman and his dog/cat/fish worked up about the damn buildings not being new?  If they had spent time making new buildings/wreckage's, then the patch would of been released even later than it was.  I  mean honestly, do you stop and look at each building as you walk pas and evaluate it?  Sometimes I think people are just trying to find a reason to complain.
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden
@~Smokey~
100% correct there.
The BF2 community is without a doubt the whiniest bunch I've ever encountered.

I haven't played R2J enough to evaluate it but it certainly wasn't fun when I spawned at the Mosque to grab a tank when I realized it was IO...
Zefar
+116|6648|Sweden
That map is great for Sniper wars imo. ^^ So many places to hide so many people to shoot at. Also it should be IO when it's sniper wars.

And most of the time I notice that USMC wins most of the time if they care to attack, the MEC team need to have good team work to win on this map thou.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6656|Birmingham
its a great map
crashmctavish
Liquidat0r's Neuro Surgeon.....
+4|6440|uk
i like this map, wide open, plenty of flanking with close quarter battles around some of the flags. you cant ask for more really. This may be a controversial view, but i fucking love infantry only.

peace guys
--->[Your]Phobia<---
+35|6755|UK - England
first I love this map. Its awesome

Second why do people have to tell the whole community if they hate it? if you hate it don't fuc*ing play it.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6661|USA

killaer wrote:

kessel! wrote:

killaer wrote:

Has anyone noticed that this map has the fucking WORST DESIGN EVER?

Honestly, When Wake came out it looked amazing, nice new great looking map, and it really seemed like EA put EFFORT into this...
When I played Jalaladerkabad, it looks fucking awful.

I mean, jesus, the map is LIFELESS! Everything is grey! The fucking MEC surround the US, and the US has their little hole to hide in! The whole fucking map becomes a nade spam fest, it's like there are fucking mortar shells exploding all around you..

Anyone else think that EA did this just because they promised that they would release new maps every patch, and JUST for that purpose?
you are functionally retarded. how old are you? it's a good map with good choke points and areas of concentrated battle.
Choke points? All MEC and USMC does is throw nades at eachother and snipe.
I have still yet to experience the "Nade fest" everyone has been crying about. Or the sniper fest. Very interesting Ive had nothing but great battles on this map. Good map. And with vehicles on Jalalalabad, an engineer can rack up the points. Great fun.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
Karkand is Armor First Infantry Second.
Jalalabad is Infantry First Armor Second.

I see nothing different between the two maps in game style.

Smart Squads still win. Meat Grinder still exists at front flags. Dipshits still run for the front flag.

*shrug*

I actually like it because if anything it's new and it's more infantry heavy.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard