22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
This is not the typical CTD that I have been reading about.  When I try to load a map I get to around 61% and then I CTD.  This does not happen when I am playing the game with no patches.  It happened with the 1.3 patch so I waited for the 1.4 hoping that would fix it, nope still doing the same thing with the 1.4.

I know it's not a firewall problem, I turned it off.  I have tried some other suggestions, but so far nothing works.  I do not have SF installed, could that be the problem?  I don't know, I'm just guessing at this point.

Any ideas?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6550|Winterpeg, Canada
Usually that problem is caused by problems with the map file. For example, a lot of the custom maps out there can encounter a problem where if not extracted or what not properly, they'll load some and then crash to desktop.
22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
I have not tried to play any custom maps, at least not that I'm aware of.  It happens no matter what map I try to load online or off.  It has to be something with the patch.  There seems to be something about my setup that doesn't work right with the patch. 

Has anyone else had this problem?
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6539

reinstall BF2 and repatch it with the FULL patch of 1.4. If that dont fix it i dono
22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
Well, I tried that with the 1.3 patch, it didn't work though.  I suppose I could try it with the 1.4 patch, but I'm not very hopeful at this point.
22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
I have now reinstalled the game, dl'd a new 1.4 patch and the same problem still occurs.  CTD while loading map at around 61%.  I have tried downloading the patch from several different places and still the same thing happens.  I have come to the conclusion that for some people this game just will not work no matter what you do.

On the other hand I'm having a blast playing the game unpatched.  I guess I'll just keep playing it that way.
Spyder228
+1|6454
Try updating your video drivers.  I know that it's doing all sorts of graphics things around 60%.
[BF2s]Connor
The Young One
+20|6479|Wigan---Manchester---UK---
I was thinking your graphics card but if u can play it unpatched then i dont know...

maybe its the servers?

maybe the fact that the server may have a different mod to you
22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
Well, my graphics card is an ATI x1600 and it works great unpatched.  I forgot what drivers I am using, but maybe I should upgrade to the latest drivers. 

Does anyone out there use the same card as me and what drivers are you useing? 

I had the same problem with the 1.3 patch and eventually gave up thinking it would be solved with the new patch.  I was wrong.  I sure would like to play the new map, but I'm beginning to think it ain't gonna happen.
22Fox
+0|6506|TEXAS
If it will help anyone here is my graphics card info from my dxdiag:

Card name: RADEON X1600 Series
     Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
        Chip type: Radeon X1600 Series AGP (0x71C2)
         DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C2&SUBSYS_030B1002&REV_00
   Display Memory: 512.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6601 (English)
Pentagaris
+0|6488
I am getting the same problem. I do have SF installed, and I have some mods, but they were all working last night. This just started today.

I am in the middle of re-installing my video card in windows, I'll update in a few minutes if that works.
Pentagaris
+0|6488
Nope, that didn't work.

Here are my specs:

Athlon64 3400+
2.0 Gig RAM
GeForce 7800GS

I have uninstalled BF2 and reinstalled it, patched it with SF to 1.1, then patched it to 1.4 with the full 1.4 patch. I then installed PoE.

I was able to play PoE last night, but was getting another error when exiting and restarting the game, so I once again uninstalled BF2, this time manually, and re-installed using the above sequence. It was after this install that the evil started happening.

I am now re-downloading the 1.4 patch in the hopes that maybe there was something buggy with the one I downloaded. I'm crossing my fingers that the 2 minute pause in between clicking on the icon and it starting is a bad thing, and can be fixed by using another file.

In case that doesn't work, any suggestions?

Things had been working fine until sometime around me getting the 1.4 patch (note: I don't know if this is what caused it or not), after which time I started getting the exit / restart / BF2.exe doesn't want to run anymore bug.

Last edited by Pentagaris (2006-10-11 22:49:33)

Pentagaris
+0|6488
Update:
I ran BF2 in windowed mode, and when loading a map, it got to 58%, and then this error message came up:

Code:

BF2 Error

Debug assertion failed!

Version: 1.1.2963-795.0 Build date:2006-8-18 18:27
Module: Geom
File: D:\Aphrodite\BF2_1.4\Code\BF2\Geom\BundledMeshTemplate.cpp
Line: 269

Text: Cannot load BundledMesh Objects/weapons/handheld/eurif_fnp90/Meshes/eurif_fnp90.bundledMesh Please make sure it exists!

Current confile:

{Cancel} {Try Again} {Continue}
All three buttons give the same result: the game crashes.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK
61-62% is right at the end of the geometries calculation. I'm sure I've seen something about this on EA's knowledge base.

Worth a look there for a solution.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6761|Upper Franconia
@Pentagaris: Install BF on the DEFAULT PATH. A friend of mine had the same problem once.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6664|UK
the best advice i can give you and it solved all my probs is to re-install in safe mode
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6718|Wilmington, DE, US
You are all mistaken. The 61% CTD is a new feature of 1.4
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6555|Doncaster, UK
Actually looking at the error message it looks lilke it can't find an object geometry file. Have you run scandisk on your PC recently. It may be that that particular file is corrupt in some way and needs to be refreshed.

I would suggest uninstalling BF2, running scandisk to find out if you have any HDD errors, run a defrag to tidy up your HDD, and then reinstall BF2 (preferably at the default directory location) and then see how you get on.
Pentagaris
+0|6488
Actually looking at the error message it looks lilke it can't find an object geometry file. Have you run scandisk on your PC recently. It may be that that particular file is corrupt in some way and needs to be refreshed.
Yea, that's what I was thinking as well. However, D:\ is my cd-rom drive, so I was thinking that maybe D:\Aphrodite is a developer's directory, and the BundledMeshTemplate header file is missing the BundledMeshTemplate.cpp file to go along with it.

I'll try the install in safemode.

I just defragged about 2 days ago, so I don't think that's it, but, what the hell, I'll do it anyway.

You are all mistaken. The 61% CTD is a new feature of 1.4
As informative and objective as that is, Iktari, I would be more inclined to believe you if I didn't beta test 1.4

Last edited by Pentagaris (2006-10-12 10:57:59)

Pentagaris
+0|6488
Nope, didn't work.

I think I'm gonna have to hose windows to get this one straight.
Any other suggestions before I do would be appreciated.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard