beerface702
+65|6695|las vegas
OK how many hours do countless people log on this map? it's astronomical. Anyway i decided to play last night as commander and whore arty and a turrent.

but the US always flanks in to the rear flags, cement, etc.

i mean all this time, people should know how to play some godamn defense on the rear. it only takes 2 or 3 dedicated engys to mine the shit out of all entrances to the backside. and keep it up. Then pin the us at Hotel, while having a squad cover the rear for burbs.

but what the fuck ..no are team over 6 rounds over and over again let the us continually invade the rear to cap cement. so the stat padding could begin.

and all where high ranking on my team.

no teamwork left in this game, or at least that level

PFT
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6823|Delaware
/move #BF2-Complain.
greenhaven
+47|6468
Last game I had on Karkand, USMC didn't get past Hotel. Of course, it was FF-off IO, so I mined and C4'd the hell out of the place.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

As of Master Sergeant i'm gonna try and get off the drug known as Karkaine.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2
You would think that some inkling of defense would trickle into at least a few Karkand whores, but the pull of grenade spamming and camping the Hotel just makes everyone lose their damned minds on that map. Personally, I think Karkand licks (insert your own expletive here).
greenhaven
+47|6468
I only go on there when I want explosives badges. The only thing  better than clays by the Hotel is C4 by the Hotel.
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6596|New York State, USA
I do agree with the premise of this post.  Karkand is olmost everyones most played map and yet they seem to not understand basic battle principles.  The draw of the point whoring is too much for most of us.  I do play it from time to time, and it is usually a run around from flag to flag or a salemate at hotel or the bridge. I think w/ Jalalabad and infantry only this map will be played less. We can now get 200+ pts on any city-like map w/ good squad play. So hopefully the spawn and base rapers will taper off.
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6525|Little blue planet, milky way
Dudes.... It depends on the situation and the server....

If you go on a pub server, nobody CARES if the US gets the rear flags or not... It's about scoring. Why do you think it's PROFITABLE for the snipers to go claymore every single entry point ? That's because the inf dont even SPAWN at the rear flag after it's taken. Why do you think people bother to PLAY this or that totally useless class ? Because they need time/points/kills with it, why are half the armor whores playing assault or whatever ? Same reason.... People play PUB karkand just for the score.

Now try to do that shit in a matchgame, and you'll get slaughtered. You NEED to stop the bleeding as US, and FAST. MEC NEEDS to keep the bleeding up, or get slaughtered by the close proximity of the US armor (and the remote posibility of loosing their armor spawn).
In a clan server or matchgame the US WILL play for the rear flags, and the MEC WILL have at least 2 guys in an APC or vod going around defending the rear flags, and the engys WILL mine the roads, and the commander WILL prevent circumvention of the factory (in fact, most US teams wont even BOTHER trying as this is a waste of tickets).

Remember in a match game/clan server it's about the WIN, on a pub server it's about the POINTS. I can't even begin to account for the times I've scored 100+ points on Karkand, and STILL lost the map. Not because I can't win the map, but becuase I wanted the point more than the wins.

Look at my history for win/loss. I played PUB karkand servers with some friends, and "just" did the righteous attack or defends, and pulled my ratio to 2+ (actually, moving fairly close to getting the 3, despite having played well over 1000 games at the time). Once the WCR changed from wins to points, I started whoring points instead of wins on the PUB servers... Same as everyone else.... Sure if you want the win, you run around defending as MEC, or hopping flags as US.... Whichever team HAS a squad that focuses on the win WILL get the win at least 70% of the time.

A TOTALLY valid strategy for winning as MEC is to simply try to hold the flags as long as possible. If the hotel falls, everyone spawns on the "island" and let the US have the West part fo the map. Then the MEC team has armor proximity advantage, and total access to spawnraping the US, and the US will NOT be able to cross the river with even a HALF competent team on the other side... In theory it works, but practically, the MECs on a PUB server will focus on getting the flags back (especially hotel) to continue the point-fest. This means that the US gets the win based on the ability to slaughter the MECs at the hotel or square with their armor, while a few hold back the MEC armor at the river.

Same thing with containment... Someone blows the TA bridge and mines the river access. Some MORON repairs the bridge rather than go the other way. and hey presto the other side has an extra access road, and all that C4 is wasted. This will NEVER, EVER happen in a matchgame. People there KNOW not to repair the bridge, unless the commander orders them to.

Karkand is a VERY cool map. It's just the PUB servers that are about points instead of wins... That's what you're experiencing, and that's not WRONG, it's just the current state of things. Go play clan matches if you want REAL teamplay, or play with friends, instead of PUB servers.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

beerface702 wrote:

OK how many hours do countless people log on this map? it's astronomical. Anyway i decided to play last night as commander and whore arty and a turrent.

but the US always flanks in to the rear flags, cement, etc.

i mean all this time, people should know how to play some godamn defense on the rear. it only takes 2 or 3 dedicated engys to mine the shit out of all entrances to the backside. and keep it up. Then pin the us at Hotel, while having a squad cover the rear for burbs.

but what the fuck ..no are team over 6 rounds over and over again let the us continually invade the rear to cap cement. so the stat padding could begin.

and all where high ranking on my team.

no teamwork left in this game, or at least that level

PFT
Last night I had the complete opposite game on an IO server.  As US, my team were only interested in spamming grenades at the area between the spawn and the start of the alleyway.  MECs were quite happy to return the favour and let the bleed win the round for them.  First time, I went commander and went off to cap Suburb on my own - nobody was responding to commands, so I had to do all the work myself.  Damned stupid people.  Second time, teams didn't swap so it was "plus de change".  I'd have got more points without being commander but nobody would take the post, even though we didn't have UAV or anything.

Some people are just fucking dense.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6548|Doncaster, UK
Last time I played Karkand I went in using a second account and while everybody else was dumbassing at the hotel, me and our commander stayed at the back defending the flags and rushing out to retake train crash and suburb whenever the spammers let the US get past.

It made for a great game, apart from the retard in the USMC tank calling me a tank whoring noob cos I kept handing him his ass.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

Maybe it because the main is an uncap ...

Somes times it the far east flags, sometime its the far west flag ... sometimes it doesn't go past the hotel. Defense just isn't popular. If you look @most server rules, they are geared to have people always on the defensive (i.e. don't attack here,  don't attack there, etc.).

What class were you? If ur commanding on Karkand, engineer makes sense. Make sure in the fold u have a discreet supply crate and a jeep set off to the side (to gun and to get to damaged assets, quickly), and keep mines layed where you supect enemey traffic. But typically ur not going to get a squad of engineers to hang out.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA
You should watch this movie Spam at Karkand

It shows alot of what your talking about
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard