l41e
+677|6707

-People stealing wood.
-Soldiers fire pistol shots at car.
-Soldiers run M1A2 over car, also destroying wood in the process.

Oh, I'm sorry...am I under the influence of "propaganda" and "emotion" as well? Can you explain how, instead of going "lol, propaganda"? No? I wonder why.
Rosse_modest
+76|6834|Antwerp, Flanders

k30dxedle wrote:

-People stealing wood.
-Soldiers fire pistol shots at car.
-Soldiers run M1A2 over car, also destroying wood in the process.

Oh, I'm sorry...am I under the influence of "propaganda" and "emotion" as well? Can you explain how, instead of going "lol, propaganda"? No? I wonder why.
Would you please stop calling them soldiers!!! They are a disgrace to soldiers anywhere of all time.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6704

Rosse_modest wrote:

Would you please stop calling them soldiers!!! They are a disgrace to soldiers anywhere of all time.
And you know this from watching a video just over a minute long? You've been propaganda'd.
PRiMACORD
+190|6683|Home of the Escalade Herds

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

When your minds mature and your education progresses, I'm sure most of you will come back here and laugh at your youthful foolishness. If I were to do a scientific study on the effects of propaganda, I'd use this thread as my primary source.
There's a real US soldier in this thread who objects to there actions.  I guess he's an idiot who has succumed to propaganda to?

You're just a dumbass who is trying to cover up his immoral comments with more bullshit. You should be a politician.
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6510|Bradford UK
by the looks of it the wood was for maybe a fire, to keep warm as all the infrastructures pretty much shot up at the time of making this vid im guessing. why would anybody in their right mind deny a little heat source from those guys. im a soldier serving in the brit army and its hearts and minds the american army needs to get to grips with...im quite disappointed in those tank whores actually.
PRiMACORD

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

And you know this from watching a video just over a minute long? You've been propaganda'd.
If i made a video of me killing 5 people in 10 seconds, i guess nobody can really judge me either since it's only showing 10 seconds of my life.

You suck at logic.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6704

PRiMACORD wrote:

There's a real US soldier in this thread who objects to there actions.  I guess he's an idiot who has succumed to propaganda to?

You're just a dumbass who is trying to cover up his immoral comments with more bullshit. You should be a politician.
Don't fret over a smashed car. Had the marines followed the UCMJ by the book, those looters would be serving life in prison right now. Don't try to match wits with me, you will only succeed in humiliating yourself.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6816|Argentina
What can you expect from Fancy Pollux, he needs people attention, he posts bullshit so people take on him.  He posted a thread telling how was his morning dump and another where he invented this story of him knocking his girlfriend the day her cat died.  How such person could tell anyone what is right or wrong?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6895
I could make a 5 minute Video about BF2 and BF2S that would make hillary try and ban it ! lol
[=][=]DADDYOFDEATH
+46|6510|Bradford UK
its not a vid of killing tho is it. its useless wood thats been ''looted'' are the americans gunna use it? i think not. prolly left it at side of road, and once the americans had gone the taxi driver came back and prolly still took it. its a case of bravado in front of cameras. i bet if their CO was there they wouldn't have done it.  what we call bullying the deprived.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6816|Argentina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

you will only succeed in humiliating yourself.
Don't you like competition?
PRiMACORD

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Had the marines followed the UCMJ by the book, those looters would be serving life in prison right now. Don't try to match wits with me, you will only succeed in humiliating yourself.
1) In one moment you say they should have been shot, now you say they should have been arrested. How about sticking with one solution?

2) Tell me where i said they shouldn't have been arrested?

The only thing i object to is the fact that they shot up the Iraqis car, ran it over, destroyed it and the wood they stole. Everyone loses.

You lose, quit humiliating yourself.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6816|Argentina

PRiMACORD wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Had the marines followed the UCMJ by the book, those looters would be serving life in prison right now. Don't try to match wits with me, you will only succeed in humiliating yourself.
1) In one moment you say they should have been shot, now you say they should have been arrested. How about sticking with one solution?

The only thing i object to is the fact that they shot up the Iraqis car, ran it over, destroyed it and the wood they stole. Everyone loses.

Dude stop wasting your time with this lunatic.  You are much better than him.  Although that ain't a big compliment.
PRiMACORD

sergeriver wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Dude stop wasting your time with this lunatic.  You are much better than him.  Although that ain't a big compliment.
Agree, i'm done with him unless he makes a real point rather then a disguised insult.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6704

PRiMACORD wrote:

Agree, i'm done with him unless he makes a real point rather then a disguised insult.
I've made my points. They are points based on logic and a superior education. Yours are not only rambling, but simply fueled by emotion. You are a victim of propaganda, and it got you good. And, for that, I pity you. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself, but apparently too many. It's the same deal in every thread. I often wonder, how can you argue with what I've said and be in a stable frame of mind? That's what makes angsty teenagers attempting to match wits with me all the more hilarious. Only a very few of you are even capable of bringing a well thought-out argument to a debate.  That leaves the rest of you for me to simply run circles around without even realizing it. Although you probably think I am bullshitting you, I've already proven this through my posts in Not BF2S, Not BF2. It's the reason I post here and the reason I have more than 3 times your karma.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-09-10 18:17:03)

Rosse_modest
+76|6834|Antwerp, Flanders

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Rosse_modest wrote:

Most of your posts used to irritate me, but lately a lot of them have grown to be amusing.
rawls
Banned
+11|6873|California, USA

PRiMACORD wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Us: Capture looters, destroy car and loot, let looters go.
Them: Capture looters, chop their hands off, then kill looters.

I'm glad they were caught by US soldiers and not militia soldiers.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6820

The fact that this video / story is new to you people is very interesting.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6640|SE London

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

When your minds mature and your education progresses, I'm sure most of you will come back here and laugh at your youthful foolishness. If I were to do a scientific study on the effects of propaganda, I'd use this thread as my primary source.
I am always hearing about your wonderful, superior education. Yet I have never seen any evidence of it. Please do enlighten us as to why your opinion makes everybody elses, including those with first hand experience of these situations, so misguided and irrelevant.

It is very clear the video is filmed from a biased perspective. If you do not know how to look past biased reporting and make your own judgements, then surely it is you who is the victim of propaganda, or as you so eloquently put it, 'You've been propaganda'd'.

rawls wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Us: Capture looters, destroy car and loot, let looters go.
Them: Capture looters, chop their hands off, then kill looters.

I'm glad they were caught by US soldiers and not militia soldiers.
Not true. Under Saddams regime hands were not chopped off as punishment for stealing. That is part of Islamic law. Saddam was a secular dictator and did not follow Islamic law.

Something bad may well have happened to them. But not having their hands chopped off.

All that has been debated, quite one sidedly because it is quite a clear cut case, is whether the soldiers were within their rights to crush the Iraqi looters car. There have been responses by people in the military, who have served in Iraq, that indicate they were not acting within the bounds of their authority and hence did the wrong thing.

It's quite straightforwards really. It is not a liberal vs conservative issue, it is not an anti-american issue. It is simply that these soldiers acted irresponsibly and outside their authority, giving the US army a bad name.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2006-09-10 20:02:50)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6820

Bertster7 wrote:

Under Saddams regime hands were not chopped off as punishment for stealing. That is part of Islamic law. Saddam was a secular dictator and did not follow Islamic law.
I wish I could find the video, or remember where it was from, but I recall seeing videos of Saddam's police bounding peoples legs and hands then throwing them off two to three story buildings.  But hey, at least they still had their hands.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6640|SE London

usmarine2005 wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Under Saddams regime hands were not chopped off as punishment for stealing. That is part of Islamic law. Saddam was a secular dictator and did not follow Islamic law.
I wish I could find the video, or remember where it was from, but I recall seeing videos of Saddam's police bounding peoples legs and hands then throwing them off two to three story buildings.  But hey, at least they still had their hands.
I don't doubt it. I was just pointing out Saddam had no great love of Islamic extremism, he hated it in fact. He would not have imposed Islamic law upon people in Iraq. Therefore there wouldn't have been any chopping off of hands.

No one is saying that Saddams regime wasn't bad or that the soldiers are as bad as Saddams torturers or executioners, for example. What is being said is that the soldiers shouldn't have done that.

I did say earlier, that bad stuff may well have happened to them for looting some wood - although I doubt it, it seems so minor I think it probably would have been overlooked, but I don't know that. What I do know is that those soldiers acted outside their authority and they shouldn't have done.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6604
Imagine the police catch you stealing wood so they crush your car for it. Make sense? Sound Fair?
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6820

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

Imagine the police catch you stealing wood so they crush your car for it. Make sense? Sound Fair?
If you buy pot from your car in some states the police can seize it.  Sound fair?
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6604

usmarine2005 wrote:

iNeedUrFace4Soup wrote:

If you buy pot from your car in some states the police can seize it.  Sound fair?
Nope.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Swifty_Gold
+3|6498
that is discusting, seems alot like vietnam, but on a smaller scale

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard