A_Richmofo
+5|6449|Santa Rosa, Cali
Thats my question. Im not in a clan so is there any benefit really?
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

Totally
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center
Yes.  Without a doubt.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6620|Cork, Ireland
Yeah, it really makes the game better. You can get one for maybe $/£10

Last edited by BlaZin'Feenix (2006-09-08 09:06:55)

Negerkungen
I could not care less
+541|6744|Topside

I'm not in a clan,and I use my headset all the time.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
It's not just worth it, I'd say it was mandatory to a total BF2 experience.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6451|United States
Unless your in a clan no. nobody uses VOIP.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6748|The United Center

Teflon.DEP wrote:

Wrong.  Please don't respond if you have no idea what you're talking about.  Dr.Fruitloop said it best.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6674|A sunburnt country

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

It's not just worth it, I'd say it was mandatory to a total BF2 experience.
QFT
chuuby
+19|6619

Teflon.DEP wrote:

i use it all the time when my clan isnt on. also most the servers i play on my sqd uses voip
A_Richmofo
+5|6449|Santa Rosa, Cali
But why is it mandatory? what you just say where people are? explain pls.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6451|United States

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Teflon.DEP wrote:

Wrong.  Please don't respond if you have no idea what you're talking about.  Dr.Fruitloop said it best.
I have mine disabled, because normally its just some idiot yelling at his squad members to follow him w/e he goes. or talking about the dream he had last night.

If people actually used VOIP correctly, i'd used it.... VOIP in pubs is about as useful as a poopie flavored lolipop.
Chou
+737|6792
You need a headset to hear details, no more sneaking up on you with a knife, footsteps will be intercepted
A_Richmofo
+5|6449|Santa Rosa, Cali
Ok but that only takes headphones. What would I gain w/ a mic?
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6572|Austin , TX
A "GOOD" headset is a valuable asset, my speakers rock but man i can tell where everything is when I am wearing one of my headsets.  But I am kinda biased as i sell headsets for a living.  Good and semi-cheap headsets... .Audio series from Plantronics, these are GREEEAAATT!!!  For cheap 'n easy get an analog, for pricy and extremely great sound DSP series , trust me
drake666
when Hell is full...
+184|6711|austria
is say headphones keep ur mind directed to the game! ur more concentrated!
so headphones FTW....
mic and VOIP is cool when ur a teamplayer....
https://team-ex.de/imagehosting/daten/1323768139_m98b.png
Usque Ad Finem
ssonrats
+221|6646
I headshot, if i don't, i get annoyed with myself.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
If you don't appreciate why being able to say a communique is better than having to type it then voip isn't going to help you as you probably don't communicate enough for it to make a difference.

For what they cost, buy one, download TS or vent, get on a server where a good team is all communicating and then if you still feel it is having no benefit to your game write the expenditure off to experience and carrying on muting.
pfc_toecutter
meatshield
+38|6619|Houston, TX

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

...download TS or vent, get on a server where a good team is all communicating...
A lot of servers will have their own Teamspeak or Ventrillo.  Just ask in-game if they'd mind giving you the IP.  You will notice a huge difference with a squad that communicates.

So, yes, get a headset.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6451|United States

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

If you don't appreciate why being able to say a communique is better than having to type it then voip isn't going to help you as you probably don't communicate enough for it to make a difference.

For what they cost, buy one, download TS or vent, get on a server where a good team is all communicating and then if you still feel it is having no benefit to your game write the expenditure off to experience and carrying on muting.
I do you idiot, when its used correctly....but in pubs it never is. People use it to chat with there buddy about what they ate last night or what there doing tommrow with there girl friend. I have tryed it out and it was pretty much useless.

If your not in a clan then theres no point in wasteing the $. Because nobody uses the VOIP in BF2 "tactically". And if you are in a clan why the **** are you useing VOIP, use TS or vent...vent >L TS in my opinion. TS is garbage with tis 29.5 transfer BS!

And you should be playing not typeing or talking. If your smart enough communication isnt always neccasary, use that brain god gave you to learn how to make smart choices.

Last edited by Teflon.DEP (2006-09-08 09:45:38)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
A good headset is your best friend.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6546|Sverige (SWE)

A_Richmofo wrote:

Thats my question. Im not in a clan so is there any benefit really?
Perhaps you join a clan in while then you need on so is not a bad by
{MOD}DREW
+26|6666
It seems that most people agree that head sets are a good thing.  Here is what I use, along with 3 other fellas in our clan.  It is very durable, the mike is high quality and the sound is very good.  I got it from Best Buy and added thier 3 year warranty for an additional $7.95.  If it breaks for any reason all I have to do is bring them in, no receipt, no box just the headsets and an ID because they have all my info on file.  Check em out.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_americ … rod5500009

Drew
Ir0n-M@n
has the greatest stats on earth
+125|6745|Germany
not if you´re playing with surround sound...
Pavil9999
+7|6527|Canada
i have a head set but when i go to use it all the sound from the game comes through it...is there a way to make it so only the talking  of people comes through the head set and all other sounds through my speakers ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard