Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6658|Warlord
Well the stats have sure updated a couple of times now and no sign of that score mectallica...
Sylvanis
+13|6666|Toronto, Ontario
Wow.

Let's just put it this way:  If you like playing a infantry only round, play on a IO server.

If on the other hand you believe that the vehicles are what sets this game apart from others, play on a regular server.

I love playing good infantry based squad level bouts.  I also love the various vehicles and how they can change a battle.  I am not going to solely play IO, nor am I going to play only with vehicles, because I enjoy variety.

Choose your own style of playing and play that way.  There is no reason to get into debates about how much IO sucks, or how great it is for armor/heli/plane whores to "get what's coming".  Just enjoy the game in your own way.
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6680|Hong Kong
I've been seeing a lot more teamwork, for example, in one round I was MEC and we were holding the USMC back on top of a hill. I ran up to the hill, unloaded a few rounds thinking I would most definitely die. I managed to kill 3 ppl and when i ran down again and a medic threw a medpack at me so I could heal while the rest of the team gave covering fire for me.
Jim_Bred
+15|6533
I personally love IO mode, i'm all about ground pounding......i'd like to try a few round with no grenades though, that would be wikked
redhawk454
+50|6579|Divided States of America

Sylvanis wrote:

No way.  I was playing IO just a while ago, I got a score of 223 as squad leader, 3rd in the round (before commander x2).  It was not unfair, it was well organized squad oriented play without some armor whore screwing it all up.  The round ended with a score of 12 - 0.  Honestly, it is a much better game now that we can chose to play in infantry only servers.  Props to EA!
Are you scared of tanks? Lol it sounds like the guy who complains that the 50 cal. can kill choppers too easily.
redhawk454
+50|6579|Divided States of America
No this, No that........What about no enemy, then you cant get a score....... Oh yeah you can get killed either.
Lmfao. Some People.
killa_karnickl
Plöt aba Madurah
+34|6474|Austria - Graz
I played IO on Jalalabad few days ago. Till we (the US) captured the first Flag, he fought for more then 30 min and it was  the most intensive battle i ever had.

IO mod is nice, because u don't need to care about people who don't know what it means and driving around with a tank raping your ass instantly  -.-
Sylvanis

redhawk454 wrote:

Sylvanis wrote:

No way.  I was playing IO just a while ago, I got a score of 223 as squad leader, 3rd in the round (before commander x2).  It was not unfair, it was well organized squad oriented play without some armor whore screwing it all up.  The round ended with a score of 12 - 0.  Honestly, it is a much better game now that we can chose to play in infantry only servers.  Props to EA!
Are you scared of tanks? Lol it sounds like the guy who complains that the 50 cal. can kill choppers too easily.
I'm usually the one using the 50 cal. against the heli.  And no, I'm not scared of tanks.  The problem with them is that when your (loosely formed in the round) squad encounters one.  Most of the squad scatters.  What I was saying I liked about IO is that the squads stick together, and the team with the most organized squads win.  That last part is true in any server, but harder to achieve due to reasons I just stated. 

I enjoy playing as infantry more than using vehicles myself, this does not mean I hate the vehicles.  I just enjoy playing a few rounds without them so I can gage my skills as infantry against others.  I feel I have the right to do so without others trying to belittle me because I'm "afraid of tanks".  I was attempting to express a point of view.  If you would like to do the same then you are more than welcome, but if all you have to offer is random, ill informed insults then please do so elsewhere.

BTW, I hate those who complain about the game play, so please do not categorize me with them.

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-09-09 02:24:51)

spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6761|Michigan
I'm not sure about IO.
I like the idea but I can't shoot anybody to save my soul. I emptied many clips and never registered even one hit. Am I doing something wrong? I am aiming right at the guy and nothing.
Guy goes prone... I shoot balls out and nothing. Respawn... guy goes prone I do short bursts... nothing.

Sure I get some good shots in but I can't seem to end a round with more kills than deaths unless I go sniper. I want to blame hackers but in my heart I know I just plain suck. Unless I am missing something here.

And please don't tell me to practice. I've been playing this game almost every night for a year. I have always sucked and always will. I keep telling myself I'm going to quit but the damn game is too fun.
Sylvanis

spacebandit72 wrote:

I'm not sure about IO.
I like the idea but I can't shoot anybody to save my soul. I emptied many clips and never registered even one hit. Am I doing something wrong? I am aiming right at the guy and nothing.
Guy goes prone... I shoot balls out and nothing. Respawn... guy goes prone I do short bursts... nothing.

Sure I get some good shots in but I can't seem to end a round with more kills than deaths unless I go sniper. I want to blame hackers but in my heart I know I just plain suck. Unless I am missing something here.

And please don't tell me to practice. I've been playing this game almost every night for a year. I have always sucked and always will. I keep telling myself I'm going to quit but the damn game is too fun.
Honestly, I suck too.  You can all look at my stats to prove it, but I find that playing infantry with a squad has helped me in many ways, not the least of which is that there are others around me, and it is in all our benefit to help each other.  I know I've played lone wolf a lot, so don't "flame" me for it.  But try working with a squad, using voip, etc.  Honestly the best way to get good, hands down.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6761|Michigan

Sylvanis wrote:

spacebandit72 wrote:

I'm not sure about IO.

Honestly, I suck too.  You can all look at my stats to prove it, but I find that playing infantry with a squad has helped me in many ways, not the least of which is that there are others around me, and it is in all our benefit to help each other.  I know I've played lone wolf a lot, so don't "flame" me for it.  But try working with a squad, using voip, etc.  Honestly the best way to get good, hands down.
Yes, I see your point. I play in a squad almost every time I play these days. I have been getting better but I still have more bad rounds than good. Since playing IO my average score per round is around 30pts.

I have also noticed that if I'm in a squad of say 6 people and we all run into 1 bad guy... I'm the one who dies. I fricking hate that. I die allllll the time. Half my round I'm waiting to respawn! (slight exageration)
Ryker
+13|6535
What ever EA do you arent happy. You winge because of vehicles whores, EA make Infatry only so you whinge about that. If you dont like Infatry only dont play on it.
Sylvanis
That's the way people are Ryker.  Some will never be happy.  If it bothers people to such an extent, I honestly don't see why they play the game....
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6491
Why do you guys care if there is an IO option? if you liek vehicles you shouldnt give a rats ass or not, adding IO has giving this game a new way to play, making it much more fun, all you guys flaming IO are pointless and cant see how it has helped increase the games playabiltiy and new ways to enjoy it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard