MECtallica
+73|6506|jalalabad
I was commander, originally got 180 points, seriously, anyone see this as unfair?

and another thing, infantry only is basically support only, everyone spams nades, and or claymores>_<

Inf only needs to be UNRANKED

or 1/2 points, something

Last edited by MECtallica (2006-09-07 22:43:26)

Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649
oh while you are on it don't forget to unrank all servers with different map/player size.
well if you take a 64player map with max 16 players on it, it's no surprise if you get so many points. and the bonus in infantry is, that the points are kinda more evenly distributed, because the tank/apc guys cant claim so many kills - at least it seems to me that way.

and personally I don't have a problem with nade and claymore spammers - if thats all they can do *shrugs* fine! would be too boring for me
Sylvanis
+13|6637|Toronto, Ontario
No way.  I was playing IO just a while ago, I got a score of 223 as squad leader, 3rd in the round (before commander x2).  It was not unfair, it was well organized squad oriented play without some armor whore screwing it all up.  The round ended with a score of 12 - 0.  Honestly, it is a much better game now that we can chose to play in infantry only servers.  Props to EA!

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-09-07 22:52:07)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6701|NCFSU2
Cool stuff man. I'm too much of a vehicle whore to stick around IO servers that long, personally.

Last edited by DeadboyUSMC (2006-09-07 22:52:39)

Sylvanis
To each his own.

For me the game has always been an infantry based thing.

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-09-07 22:56:30)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6488|Melbourne

Imagine IO Wake - lol
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
Sylvanis

R3v4n wrote:

Imagine IO Wake - lol
I played it today, for literally 34 seconds, then people left and the round was over
Longbow
+163|6648|Odessa, Ukraine
IO is slow & boring , as I respected... I'm already sick of it , most of servers are running IO .
Diogenese
Philosopher King
+16|6596|New York State, USA

Sylvanis wrote:

No way.  I was playing IO just a while ago, I got a score of 223 as squad leader, 3rd in the round (before commander x2).  It was not unfair, it was well organized squad oriented play without some armor whore screwing it all up.  The round ended with a score of 12 - 0.  Honestly, it is a much better game now that we can chose to play in infantry only servers.  Props to EA!
I got 210 on Jalalabad in infantry only and it was awesome. It lasted an hour and ended up w/ under 20 pts to the winner. Everyone scored well. I got a bronze @ 210. The gold went to some guy on the other team w/ 285. The commander scored only 160 w/ a 2x. This too was great squad based fighting. Great map and great patch. I see nothing wrong w/ pts this high. Who has time in life to burn to get up in ranks at 60-100 pts a round? I was getting bored w/ the game, but now I am interested again. Props!

Last edited by Diogenese (2006-09-07 22:58:43)

Sylvanis

Diogenese wrote:

Sylvanis wrote:

I got 210 on Jalalabad in infantry only and it was awesome. It lasted an hour and ended up w/ under 20 pts to the winner. Everyone scored well. I got a bronze @ 210. The gold went to some guy on the other team w/ 285. The commander scored only 160 w/ a 2x. This too was great squad based fighting. Great map and great patch. I see nothing wrong w/ pts this high. Who has time in life to burn to get up in ranks at 60-100 pts a round? I was getting bored w/ the game, but now I am interested again. Props!
Agreed. The gold star went to someone with 300+ points on the other team (not commander).  Honestly the best BF2 round I've ever played (not points-wise, but fun wise)

Last edited by Sylvanis (2006-09-07 23:04:35)

Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6649

Longbow wrote:

IO is slow & boring , as I respected... I'm already sick of it , most of servers are running IO .
maybe turn the filter off?
seriously during the evening times in germany there are easily as much many normal as IO servers (if not more)
zer0fus10n
+14|6513
Half the infatery and leave the armour whores with normal points and tottaly kill the infatery of the game? nice idea im sure that will make so many people more happier then they currently are
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6604

Eboreus wrote:

Longbow wrote:

maybe turn the filter off?
seriously during the evening times in germany there are easily as much many normal as IO servers (if not more)
MMh... can we? The problem is that if you "tick" the filter you see just servers IO... if you untick it both... .
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

Get some servers in your favorites that aren't IO...
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6696|Howell, Mi USA

Longbow wrote:

Your right, i gave IO mode a try last night. It got old fast, everyone only plays support/medic and nade spams everywhere. Suprisingly one guy was playing AT, but would not fire his gun to save his life. He was getting all his infantry kills with AT rockets. Long range, 2 inches away, didn't matter... i don't even thing he knew he had a machine gun. It just doesn't seem right without vehicles IMO. But IO mode is a little better than i though it would be.

Btw: To the OP, nice job on the 360 Brs

Last edited by Cbass (2006-09-08 06:30:36)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
IO is a great mode. The squad play and the intense battles are this mode's bread and butter. I love this mode. I could give a shit about the huge amount of points I get because I'm playing to enjoy myself. If you feel the points are unfair then obviously you care about points or you feel you are getting robbed of points because of the skill of others.

My advice? Fuck the points and just have fun! It's a damn good mode. I like seeing all the vehicle whores get what's coming to them. BTW this is coming from a self proclaimed APC/Armor/Heli whore myself. So that arguement doesn't work.

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-09-08 05:56:38)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA

MECtallica wrote:

I was commander, originally got 180 points, seriously, anyone see this as unfair?

and another thing, infantry only is basically support only, everyone spams nades, and or claymores>_<

or 1/2 points, something
The game lasts longer so as far as points it would even out I think. And everyone is bitching IO is a support/nade/clay/sniper fest and I have yet to experience that. I see more teamwork now than before and better strategies being used in firefights. Its almost.....dare I say it....better than before.......
[iLL]h8+
+26|6718|Florida
IO is ok, but I really wish they left the jeeps or at least the FAVs in the game.  Some maps are just retarded to run all the way across.  That new map is just stupid if you are on the US side and the MEC side defends even only half way. 

I am just saying, even Karkand is horrible to run across when the server/player ratio is off.

Vehicles have their place in war and I think they have their place in this game.  But given a good squad and commander, IO can be fun.

BTW, IO completely makes Engineer, AT, and Spec Ops less useful.  I mean yes you can play them, but who would, but you can be a Medic or Support.....

Anyways, my two cents.
Chou
+737|6792
360 points IAR and complaining?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA
Agreed ill. Eng and AT are rather useless in IO mode. I joined a server not realizing it was IO only and I spawned Eng and mined the road and waited. Here come 5 infantry running up. "Shit!"

I had to laugh.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6570

Longbow wrote:

Yeah almost 100% - to be exactly 400 out of 3600...

Good job Mr. Mathematics.
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6535|Denmizzark!!

fierce wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Yeah almost 100% - to be exactly 400 out of 3600...

Good job Mr. Mathematics.
Roflcakes..
Godhatch
+5|6611
why are people complaining about IO, isn't that why EA created this option so people could do what they wanted wether they like just infantry, or vehicles but yet there are still people going on and on. just play what you like and stop bitching about the other half.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6664|USA

Godhatch wrote:

why are people complaining about IO, isn't that why EA created this option so people could do what they wanted wether they like just infantry, or vehicles but yet there are still people going on and on. just play what you like and stop bitching about the other half.
Word
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6454|Cambridge, UK

MECtallica wrote:

or 1/2 points, something
I got 190 on Warlord but the game lasted so so so so so long. The SPM rate on IO is not that different - the only differnce I see is the points dont go to the Armor whores - So mostly its not unfair to rank (unless you count best rounds).

I guess it can take people longer to get to flags to defend them from being taken and so flags change hands more (but only on things like 16 players max on a 64 player map) - however I think the thing that affects this most is not IO but the reduced minimum players needed.

As for IO only being support - completely disagree - you do see less AT, but when I've played you get loads more snipers, but still assaults,medics, SO's and Engineers. Differnt splits to non IO but not all one sided at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard