Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6762|Cambridge (UK)

:]-[: El_Shiznit wrote:

Sort of lame now that I read that link.  You won't be able to play until 1pm EST?  What the eff.  I can go down to the 24 hour Wal-Mart, but it the night before and be playing it by midnight.

Does anyone know how they are only letting you play on that specific time?  I mean, if it had to do with your computer time/date settings, you could change it and play today.  But I'm sure EA thought of that and are using a different method.  So yeah, anyone know?
Well, you have to log-in to an EA server (the account server) just to play standard BF2 anyway, so I should think it'll be handled through that somehow... Quite how I don't know...
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6745|Florida
I might have a way around that.

3 or 4 days ago, my account name was deleted out of the login screen and replaced with a blank space.  Whenever I log into that blank space, I am just a default player and not logged on to EA at all.

It is annoying because after I retrieved my account, it reset my settings and I have to listen to that old man tell me that the "w" key is to walk forward.  But if this works, I'm glad EA fucked up.

I may test it out later tonight.
xilix
+0|6763
Anybody else tried this....

I downloaded it and it says waiting for release....If you change your system clock to 11/25, it allows you to install the expansion.  I'm going to install and see if I can still play.
xilix
+0|6763
Yeah, it changes the status to ready to install but I get an error when trying to install.
:]-[: El_Shiznit
+3|6745|Florida
Yep, same happens to me.  I sent EA an e-mail and according to their auto-response I will get a reply by the end of today.  I'll let you know if it is anything valuable.
Sturmvogel
+1|6772
^^ Hahaha, what are you going to ask them? "Hey EA I was trying to hack into your game and play it early, can you tell me how to do this?"

You can't play it yet, on 11/25 EA will have a small file to download that will allow you to install the game. Either that or they'll give you a password on 11/25 for all the people that downloaded it.

Last edited by Sturmvogel (2005-11-13 11:39:56)

<eN>Madcat
+2|6837
when you reformat your comp you will lose the game and have to download it again!!! a gig of crap don't take twenty secodns to download, then you have to install it.  If you get a disc copy you just install, and hide it in your secret flame resistant safe .  You could put it on a disc but that also takes time.
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6748

<eN>Madcat wrote:

when you reformat your comp you will lose the game and have to download it again!!! a gig of crap don't take twenty secodns to download, then you have to install it.  If you get a disc copy you just install, and hide it in your secret flame resistant safe .  You could put it on a disc but that also takes time.
noob....
Some people have multiple hard disk or partitions, no need to download anything then.
You can also burn the file to dvd and no need to download either and burning a file takes 4 minutes thats less time then you taking your copy from your tiny safe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard