Poll

Who has the better pre-order bonus?

Eb Games/Gamestop65%65% - 39
Best Buy/Future Shop35%35% - 21
Total: 60
J3ST3R
+59|6512|Vancouver, Canada
Eb games/Gamestop and Best Buy/Future Shop both have pre order bonuses... which one is better?

Eb games/Gamestop pre-order bonus consists of:
- Battlefield 2142 branded "Dog Tag" USB 64MB Flash Drive
- An instant promotion the first time you log on to Battlefield 2142 which stacks with vet program
- Exclusive screenshots
- Exclusive wallpapers
- Exclusive trailers
- $10 off Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard by mail
- $15 off Logitech G7 Cordless Laser Mouse by mail
- $10 off Logitech G5 Laser Mouse by mail
- $5 off Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset by mail.
- Ships on october the 10th

Best Buy/Future Shop pre-order bonus consists of:
- Scar 11 with a new look and feel which no amount of points will ever get you.Don't know if it changes its stats
- Crysis and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars content
- $40 in mail-in rebates
- Available on October 31st

Pre-order bonus Scar 11
https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/xxSHWAGxx/gunuk.jpg

Normal Scar 11
https://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/xxSHWAGxx/w_assault_scar.gif

In my opinion in the aspect of the Battlefield 2142 pre-order bonus Eb games/Gamestop owns

Last edited by J3ST3R (2006-09-07 19:10:01)

Jbrar
rawr
+86|6540|Winterpeg, Canada
WHO GIVES A FUCK, they're only releasing all this shit so people will buy the game, only to realise it's not worth the extra cash.
x.:Shackleton:.x
Quick on the draw...
+33|6542|the land of plenty
Thanks for the info.  I'm going EB.  I like the looks of that shiney new keyboard.
J3ST3R

Jbrar wrote:

WHO GIVES A FUCK, they're only releasing all this shit so people will buy the game, only to realise it's not worth the extra cash.
No reason to be a negative nancy I think it's time to log off the computer and take a nap like a good boy
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6804|Portland, OR, USA

The new Scar 11 is sweet looking, but I don't wanna wait 3 more weeks.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Jbrar
rawr

J3ST3R wrote:

Jbrar wrote:

No reason to be a negative nancy I think it's time to log off the computer and take a nap like a good boy
ROFL, you gave me Karma and made fun of me, I like that. But if you honestly think about it, what do they get out of us buying all these pre order packages, money, that's all they want.
J3ST3R
Yes they would get money if we bought it normally to but if you pre-order we get... FREE SHIT!!!! and I had to give you karma because your Canadian

Last edited by J3ST3R (2006-09-07 19:17:24)

Jbrar
rawr

J3ST3R wrote:

Yes they would get money if we bought it normally to but if you pre-order we get... FREE SHIT!!!! and I had to give you karma because your Canadian
Well then, i'll give you some karma in return......and about the preorder package, not for me, i'll maybe buy the game when it drops atleast 10 bucks.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6842|Bryan/College Station, TX
Went the Gamestop/EB route simply because I'm going to get a G5 anyways. I might as well use that $10 discount. I could care less about the SCAR-11 new look. EB simply better.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Chou
+737|6789
Desperate sale acts
$teiner
+8|6561|United Kingdom
In the UK "Game", which used to be EB over here, is giving you a free promotion if you pre-order from them.

Two promotions with the Veterans programme, sounds like a deal to me.

Edit: Bah... you get more free shit.

Last edited by $teiner (2006-09-08 06:37:52)

JdeFalconr
Lex Luthor, King of Australia
+72|6540|Sammamish, WA

J3ST3R wrote:

- Scar 11 with a new look and feel which no amount of points will ever get you.Don't know if it changes its stats
- Crysis and Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars content
- $40 in mail-in rebates
- Available on October 31st
Not sure that's accurate about it being available on the 31st. According to their website the actual package of preorder items is shipping right now and you can go right now to the BF2142 website and activate your preorder bonus.
J3ST3R
just writin what was on their website
Obese_Soldier
+4|6461
If you pre-order from a Best Buy-Future Shop Store, I thought you can just pick it up on release date?
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6476|San Diego, CA

J3ST3R wrote:

Eb games/Gamestop and Best Buy/Future Shop both have pre order bonuses... which one is better?

Eb games/Gamestop pre-order bonus consists of:

- $10 off Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard by mail
- $15 off Logitech G7 Cordless Laser Mouse by mail
- $10 off Logitech G5 Laser Mouse by mail
- $5 off Logitech Precision PC Gaming Headset by mail.

- $40 in mail-in rebates
Both are the same, How do I know? Because I have the Best Buy one
J3ST3R
well, they both do equal 40$ so it makes sense
Twinn
+3|6529|Milwaukee, WI
By the time the game hits shelves... EA will be offering automobiles as a "bonus upgrade" for purchasing their half baked game.
GhostStalker0
I like pie
+29|6476|San Diego, CA

J3ST3R wrote:

well, they both do equal 40$ so it makes sense
Yep, though people have voted for the EB one since they didnt figure out what the "$40 mail-in rebate"

Last edited by GhostStalker0 (2006-09-09 00:27:29)

MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6656|San Francisco, CA
Why do we need..trailers of a game that's already out? Seems kinda pointless to me IMO..
As for the "new" SCAR, I think if they posted something about it (if it was better), it might incline more people to buy it from BB/FS...but since they don't really say much about it, it sounds like it's just going to be the same SCAR just prettier..or some crap..
J3ST3R
Ya there is really no point to the scar in my opinion, I bought from Eb because I think insta rank > skinned scar. And right now the votes for Eb=66% and the votes for Best Buy=33% lol 99%

Last edited by J3ST3R (2006-09-09 10:05:43)

germanGIANT
+0|6536
Does anyone know if the rank-up from the pre order will be in addition to the one from the BF2 Veteran's program, or will you only recieve one?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6642

i dont think the scar 11 from the bb preorder is just a new skin. i was in bb the other day and the preorder package says its an "exclusive unlock" making it sound like a new weapon entirely, not just a skin. dont know for sure though...if it is a new weapon, i think that would be better than a rank up. i mean, a weapon you cant get by any other means, or a low level rank up you could proably get in the first couple days of playing?
J3ST3R

germanGIANT wrote:

Does anyone know if the rank-up from the pre order will be in addition to the one from the BF2 Veteran's program, or will you only recieve one?
Yes they do stack so you insta promote to private 1st class first time you log on

Omnideath wrote:

i dont think the scar 11 from the bb preorder is just a new skin. i was in bb the other day and the preorder package says its an "exclusive unlock" making it sound like a new weapon entirely, not just a skin. dont know for sure though...if it is a new weapon, i think that would be better than a rank up. i mean, a weapon you cant get by any other means, or a low level rank up you could proably get in the first couple days of playing?
From EA's website:

The Scar 11 with a new look and feel is an exclusive reward for pre-ordering Battlefield 2142™ from Best Buy in North America or Future Shop in Canada. As Battlefield gamers can attest, unlocks are one of the most appealing aspects of the franchise - it's all about getting the points you need to unlock all of the best weapons. However, no amount of points will ever get you this weapon, so if you haven't pre-ordered yet, find out more here www.bestbuy.com.

If it's just skinned there is not really any point to it but if it has diferent stats ithink it wold be a better choice to pre-order from Best Buy

Last edited by J3ST3R (2006-09-09 17:22:37)

vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6615|UCF
Hell, I just want the dogtag flashdrive. And EB is 3minutes away on foot, BestBuy is 10minutes by car, and there are no Circuit Cities near here(They sell everygame cheap as hell, HL2 Episode 1 was $10 there)
J3ST3R
The flash drive is a pretty cool perk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard