Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6550|Bournemouth, South England
"EndItAll lets you terminate all non-essential programs for the purpose of installing new software, running finicky games, or writing to CD-Rs that need a big buffer. The essential system programs Explorer and Systray cannot be terminated. EndItAll's main window presents a list of running processes. You can protect any process in the list from termination."
I use this, it can free up several Mb of RAM safely, protect anything you dont want to stop, (Vital ones are auto protected) then "End it all".

To re-instate what you switched off, reboot. Voila! back to normal

I recommend using this just for Online games and other extremely memory aggressive games.

http://www.ccs.org/Tips/Download/3Download.htm     then download enditall.zip. Not tried the other apps.
LilDemon81
+4|6530
Sounds like a good solution for the non-computer nerd types. I think us nerds will mostly stick to our own methods
Penetrator
Certified Twat
It just takes the guess work out of ending the ones that you might really need, so I find it quite good, besides, I can never be arsed trawling through up to 70 processes just to play a game! This takes it down to around 17 active processes.

Last edited by Penetrator_01 (2006-09-07 17:24:11)

jaymz9350
+54|6619

Penetrator_01 wrote:

It just takes the guess work out of ending the ones that you might really need, so I find it quite good, besides, I can never be arsed trawling through up to 70 processes just to play a game! This takes it down to around 17 active processes.
well you really shouldn't have 70 processes running anyway. it bugs me that i have around 30 but i'm to lazy to clean it up anymore
Penetrator
Certified Twat
I do have a lot of peripherals and little background software parts, but I agree. 70 is on a bad day, average 30-45, still too high!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6642|132 and Bush

I use wintask. I have a gaming preset one click on voila.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Penetrator
Certified Twat
Yeah, this is very similar, once you set up the processes you want to protect, just one click, bosh! better memory use for games. Found it helps to turn off page file usage in the registry/services.
mr.widdim
The Second Apostle Of Chuy
+78|6746|Flaming_Maniac = pwnd.

Well.. msconfig and Ctrl+Alt+Delete work for me. However, thank you for the idea!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard