Silver Fern flag11%11% - 13
Southern-cross/Silver Fern flag28%28% - 31
Tyferra's flag31%31% - 35
Total: 110
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
I can't get over the fact that this is actually a pressing issue
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
Being able to debate a flag is one of the benefits of not being a mess of a country.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX

Ty wrote:

I think the thing this whole process revealed is that the majority of people in NZ don't like the current flag.
The majority voted to keep the current flag, how do you extrapolate the majority not liking the current flag from this data point?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

NZ doesn't need to start constant wars to fund its industry support and workfare schemes, nor does it have a retarded bipolar democracy.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ty wrote:

I think the thing this whole process revealed is that the majority of people in NZ don't like the current flag.
The majority voted to keep the current flag, how do you extrapolate the majority not liking the current flag from this data point?
Because we were never asked whether we wanted the change the flag. Pretty safe to say the 43.4% who voted for the alternative want change, but among the 56.6% who voted for the status quo, many of them want change but didn't want the Lockwood flag. Many just voted to spite John Key. It's only speculation on my part of course but I think there's enough to support change in the near future.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
uziq
+492|3450

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

NZ doesn't need to start constant wars to fund its industry support and workfare schemes, nor does it have a retarded bipolar democracy.
what industry support? NZ is like wales only they rely on tourism and domestic abuse.
uziq
+492|3450
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/m … that-about

$27m on a few photoshop PSDs and you couldn't even choose one.

this is why you will never be an influence on global affairs.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Ty wrote:

Because we were never asked whether we wanted the change the flag. Pretty safe to say the 43.4% who voted for the alternative want change, but among the 56.6% who voted for the status quo, many of them want change but didn't want the Lockwood flag. Many just voted to spite John Key. It's only speculation on my part of course but I think there's enough to support change in the near future.
I think you're projecting there.
CC-Marley
+407|6826
All crap.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

uziq wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/25/new-zealand-referendum-same-flag-what-was-that-about

$27m on a few photoshop PSDs and you couldn't even choose one.

this is why you will never be an influence on global affairs.
Oh c'mon Uzique, you know it's more than just that.

Dilbert_X wrote:

I think you're projecting there.
Possible. But I have been part of this debate for a long time and the conversation has changed significantly. Only a few weirdos like myself used to be into this whole flag change thing, now it's much larger. Before if you asked in a referendum "should we change the flag?", (as many were suggesting should have happened this time,) you probably wouldn't even have had enough returns to call a result. With the current mood I genuinely think there could be a yes result to that question. It's just a shame that wasn't asked as part of the second referendum to give an actual picture and save me speculating.

There are a lot of people who voted for the existing flag who are bitching now about a missed opportunity, some are even a little embarrassed that, to those who may have looked briefly at what we were doing, (John Oliver and no-one else,) the supposed brave forward-looking nation that we are was revealed to be a scared and irritable child, clinging to a relic from a dead empire to save us the imposition of having to stand for something. Even if it was a pointless something like the colours and patterns on a bit of cloth.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BVC
+325|6693
I voted for the new design, as I felt it more accurately represented the people than the current flag.

Most of the arguments for and against were bad when subject to any serious examination, but I felt the change campaign still had something left once the poor reasoning from both sides had been eliminated.

That said, I'm not salty about the results.  The flag we voted to keep is on my wall less than 2 metres from where I'm sitting right now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard