Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
I know its not a very well liked map by many but earlier today I was playing Zatar (server happened to rotate to it) and I managed to get a T-90. I made my way towards the middle flag and helped my team secure the middle flag. All was quiet for a while....

I then proceeded to head towards the next flag cap and all of a sudden every piece of USMC armor comes out from behind some hills... it was a ridiculous armor battle....I know some of you have been in intense armor battles before but every piece of armor on the map must have been at this fight. Our helicopter wasnt doing much just circling bases rapeing infan try, so it was a fair armor vs armor fight. we had every tank and APC  there, both sides had AT rockets blazine like mad....it was a full 64 man server.

I think my sound actually overloaded lol...the sounds of bullets never stopped, it was utterly ridiculous. I ended up going like 45-4 in the tank. Alot of my kills were ridiculous long range kills on tanks. Im talking 300 meters alot of times a little less.

Probably one of the funnest rounds of Bf2 i've ever played.

Last edited by Teflon.DEP (2006-09-06 19:13:39)

-botivix-
Damn
+23|6696|Not Scotland Anymore!
Camp the chopper spawn with the Mobile AA and a supply drop and you'll rack-up the kills.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6455|England
I love tanking but i stick to karkand and wake an JalalalaBad mostly because I have a crappy pc as view distance is at like 70 % i would love to make so really long shots on maps like Zater but i just cant see far enough
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States
Jalalabad is awesome for tanking. take your tank up towards the lake in front of the USMC spawn. Its a pretty good mid-range armor battle. I took on both m1a1's earlier today on jalalabad and killed both of them....almost dieing in the process....
BiBi
+25|6596
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
I like Zatar Wetlands, especially in a tank , it's just that hardly any maps play it

i don't like the smaller map sizes though b/c then Helo's and Jet's just rape you the whole time
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6506|California
I like Zatar Wetlands...I played that map first when I got BF2.  It gave me a sense of awe when I played the map.  Like traveling in an armor convoy while DPV's & F35B's wizz by you. 

That would be one of my best memories of Bf2.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6692|Eastern PA
I always get pwnt by air power on Zatar. Damn aviators spitting in my coffee.
d3x74
+14|6616|NY
The tank battles in BF2 do not have enough tanks. In PoE some have 10+ tanks, now those are bloody vicious.
s()mtingWong
+48|6663
? "love playing tanks in zatar wetlands", must of had inexperienced enemy jet/heli pilots or your team was dominating the enemy. Imho i think any open map like zatar, gulf, wake etc. is no place for a tank, i personally would not hop in a tank on those maps unless its small map where the server limits jets or choppers.
Jelecak
+1|6595|Vodnik camper van, Ghost town
Zatar used to be my 2nd favorite map after Sharqi and battles in these hills or flat ground cannot be compared (IMO) to ones on any other armor focused map. I don't know why Zatar is disliked...It's been the 2nd map I've played and my1st  map to do some armor whoring.
Coot11M
+7|6636
Our reg BF2 server has Zatar in the rotation. It is towards the bottom of the list though. Takes about 8hrs of gameplay to get there. Of course with server crashes, it rarely gets that far.
Delphy
+45|6555|Bristol, UK
Yeah I find Zatar pretty good for armour. I can usually get a convoy of at least a couple of tanks and an APC going, if not more.
Cheddarmuff
+21|6622
BiBi, great shots, how do you follow the shells??  I didn't see the Frapps logo on the screen...can you do this in game or after in battlerecorder?  Thx. +1
Bernadictus
+1,055|6707

d3x74 wrote:

The tank battles in BF2 do not have enough tanks. In PoE some have 10+ tanks, now those are bloody vicious.
Highway to Hell..
Zatar wetlands is great for bombing armor.

What more can you ask for? Lots of armor + very flat terrain/few obstacles? Sure there's AA, but AA can be dealt with. It's not nearly as bad as a Dam in the way.

Yup. I do like Zatar wetlands.

Last edited by superkittenofcuteness (2006-09-07 04:57:27)

malarkeycoon
+16|6610|Cardiff
Zatar is one of the best maps for being anti tank also. You can sit in one of the bases with places to hide and see the armor rolling in from miles away. Put one shot into them on the way in, then hide till they arrive and nail them as they try to cap the flag. I'm not terribly good with anti-tank but got 28 kills one round, all armor kills.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
I only have 2 hours played on Zatar yet ive had some fun rounds on that map. Tank whoring and chopper whoring are teh win. (if u can get the chopper that is, with half the server waiting for it) Also good for infantry long as u can get a DPV or something, it's pretty fun sneaking into enemy flags on foot.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6596|Canada

-botivix- wrote:

Camp the chopper spawn with the Mobile AA and a supply drop and you'll rack-up the kills.
best AA camp is on the ridge next to the construction site on Kubra. just sit there with the Linebacker and a supply drop and u can juts own the MEC air forces.
Ryker
+13|6474
On Karkand 64 teh US and MEC met on the bridge to try and get across (the river path was covered in At Mines and snipers) so basically everyone was fighting on the bridge with tanks and APC's smashing at each other. People were screaming over VoIP and I got pretty hyped up. Eventually my game crashed and whether it was the amount of action in 1 area or just a 1 of I dont know, but that was my favourite round to date.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Zatar is great for tank battles. I got a 167 score with an APC flag capping for a whole round doing it

But the best map for tank battles by far, is Operation Smoke Screen. There must be about 15 tanks on the map, 2 AA, lots of jeeps, 2 helis and 2 jets. Lots of armour battles - and good ones too.
HCSkorpio
Hind Secks
+8|6506|California

Snake wrote:

Zatar is great for tank battles. I got a 167 score with an APC flag capping for a whole round doing it

But the best map for tank battles by far, is Operation Smoke Screen. There must be about 15 tanks on the map, 2 AA, lots of jeeps, 2 helis and 2 jets. Lots of armour battles - and good ones too.
I agree...Smoke Screen is true tank battles. Its really fun and you will win when you are in an armor convoy.
Teflon.DEP
cunning n' quick
+35|6420|United States

Cheddarmuff wrote:

BiBi, great shots, how do you follow the shells??  I didn't see the Frapps logo on the screen...can you do this in game or after in battlerecorder?  Thx. +1
You have to be the commander. Then you put the commander view over the helicopter. Fire the shell then go into commander view and you  can see how close or far away you are to hitting the chopper.
voltage
+46|6810|Sweden
Gulf of Oman is my favourite tanking map (as MEC). The buildings can provide some protection against jets and attack choppers.
BiBi
+25|6596

Cheddarmuff wrote:

Those pixel shots were actually first used by 20ID in a clan match.

It was done in Battlerecorder, you can also do freecam to manually follow the tank shells.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard