hoad47
+2|6753|Sydney
i have an issue.. i recieved the knife badge at 25k global .. i figured that would take me to fisrt sarge.. I have all my basic combat (mostly veteran).. except for the explosives badge.. Do i need the explosives badge to be first sarge.. I'm 29,ooo global now and still havent been promoted... whats the dealio?.... please help!

hoad47
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
http://forums.bf2s.com/search.php

you wont get promoted to first sargeant.
you have to have all the badges before you hit 20000.
searching is your friend.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6806|Barrington, RI
We need a closed sticky from Chuy explaining the split ranks, or these threads will never end unless EA fixes it in another patch or something.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

Or they could search.
Or read UBAR where it says it.
Or look at their stats where I went to the trouble of recoding the stats TTA thing to specifically address this problem.

But hey, whatever, ya know.
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6819|UK
People are lazy (and stupid). Why should they expend the effort to look in any sensible place when the can spend the time registering here and blurt out the question. -_-

I think chuy's done more than enough to make this information readily available, we don't need another stickied thread for the purposes of it.
hoad47
+2|6753|Sydney
yeh .. thanks for that reply .. I'm not sure what site ur looking at, but i look at this one http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php... so if u can tell me where it says that u need the basic knife combat badge before you reach the 20,000 global .. id be very pleased.. some of you people compaining sound like bloody 80 year olds, geez relax  mate.. and if ur calling me stupid.. i'll take the pepsi challenge with you anyday.. mate..
you have a good day
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6858|"Frisco"

Quoteth Thee Bottom Of Thee Ranks Page Unto Which Thou Hast Linked wrote:

It is also worth noting that the upper ranks are not progressive. You will only earn one rank per point bracket. If you make it to Master Sergeant without the awards, you will not be promoted to First upon earning the missing awards.
Simian_Soup
+0|6790
the word 'pwnt' springs to mind here
RME_JICO
Olaf, Berserker...
+3|6763|Here
<sarcasm> So you are telling me that if I don't get all my Basic Combat Badges before I reach 20,000 Global Points that I will never get promoted to First Sergeant?</sarcasm>

Sorry, could not resist.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6858|San Francisco

hoad47 wrote:

yeh .. thanks for that reply .. I'm not sure what site ur looking at, but i look at this one http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php... so if u can tell me where it says that u need the basic knife combat badge before you reach the 20,000 global .. id be very pleased.. some of you people compaining sound like bloody 80 year olds, geez relax  mate.. and if ur calling me stupid.. i'll take the pepsi challenge with you anyday.. mate..
you have a good day
They might sound like they are 80, but you're the one who needs some new reading glasses.

Sure, we are being hard on you, but you know what when you registered you agreed to use the search function of the site and to not ask stupid questions before looking around a bit. You cleary did not search since this has been all over the forums lately and apparently you didn't even read the webpage you linked to in trying to defend yourself.

Next time just put a little bit of effort into finding answers on your own before tossing up a question that has most likely already been answered. This will spare you from the typical prodding and flaming that comes with asking stupid questions.
hoad47
+2|6753|Sydney
point taken .. but thanks again for the help thomasmorgan.. the first responce was all i needed thank you.
If i need a dumb question answered, I'll definatley ask it on this forum... The obvious need for people to elaborate and complain about "dumb questions" interests me.. thx C.Keen and voodoochild.. hopefully you 2 will be giving me your "humerous" answers again sometime!... cheers
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6851|Missoula, MT
fisrt...*sigh*
Sniping_WildCat
Banned
+1|6771|Holland
You need 7 IAR for basic.
50 total and 7 IAR for veteran.
Lets say I have 50 total but never had 7 IAR, next time I do get 7 IAR, I skip basic and get veteran instead, also NO 1sth Sergeant.
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6857|North Texas

Sniping_WildCat wrote:

Lets say I have 50 total but never had 7 IAR, next time I do get 7 IAR, I skip basic and get veteran instead, also NO 1sth Sergeant.
That bug has been squashed... It's no longer a problem.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6851|Cologne, Germany

gee...I'll close this one now. PM me if you object.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard