turkeybacon
+50|6447|Dragon Valley
Seriously, I think some people just love to complain

For 2 months everyone complains about no 1.4 patch, then it finally comes out and they still moan. I started dl'ing the full patch yesterday but it was going slow, so I got the 1.3->1.4 incremental. I installed it, patching worked perfectly, game ran smooth, no more CTD's, no more 'Problem with your connection', I didnt really notice the subtle things like difference in proning...

So am I the only one happy? IMO we got a new map, new infantry mode (I probably wont ever play it), and connection/CTD problems seem to be fixed. Thanks Dice/EA
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6741|Omaha, Nebraska
Nope all you need to do is do a search... There is a 1.4 Praise thread.
[JUK]semerkhet
+3|6633
also had no probs what so ever....mind you didnt used to get many with the previous patch......
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6580|Florida
Ive not had a problem, except a server crash last night.  May be just conincidence, but I wont know until I play more.  Actually had a "Problem with your connection" once, and the game resumed (like the old days), then after about half hour or so, I got the message again and the server crashed.

Yeah, I rarely had problems with 1.3, once in a great while I would get a CTD, and only when there were server crashed would it be a problem.  But I personally didnt really have issues.

Last edited by {BMF}*Frank_The_Tank (2006-09-06 15:45:09)

Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

Ive not had a problem, except a server crash last night.  May be just conincidence, but I wont know until I play more.  Actually had a "Problem with your connection" once, and the game resumed (like the old days), then after about half hour or so, I got the message again and the server crashed.
could be that server you went on m8 had not updated to new patch .i think as of 2day 99% of servers have been updated.

relateing to topic "touch wood" no problems yet in about 5 hours play.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6580|Florida

Knight`UK wrote:

{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank wrote:

could be that server you went on m8 had not updated to new patch .i think as of 2day 99% of servers have been updated.

relateing to topic "touch wood" no problems yet in about 5 hours play.
I had updated at this point.  Myself and about 15 others had to rejoin.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6582|England
Hopefully m8 just a shite server then
Ryan
+1,230|6845|Alberta, Canada

I haven't had a single problem yet, which is very unusual for me
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6510|Bournemouth, South England
No probs yet, apart from a bit of noobism on my part... still prefer v1.21 with the claywhore bug, that was funny!!!
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
The only thing  I don't like is how you can't shoot when getting up anymore.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470
No, but the people who do not complain all the time are to busy playing Jalalabad to post here.
[JiF]Timmay!
+0|6699
Aside from the favorites list still being broken, I haven't had any problems with 1.4.
Wojo97civic
+5|6453
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43047, look at my fucking post....  THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION!
Mr.Maverick.MDK
+5|6759
I dont bitch at all about this game, i just deal with it, but after the 1.4 patch my game still got connection errors. I dont understand why some people have no problems and some have the same as before.  I dont know if completely removing the game and reinstalling a fresh copy helps.  I have read some other people have tried this and still have connection problems.  I just think that if there is a problem EA doesnt really care anymore now that 2142 is coming out.  Their attention is on that game and i doubt anything else will be done with BF2 as soon as 2142 is released wide.
Ledg
+2|6445|Brisbane, Australia
I have had not probs at all

This is one happy medic.
turkeybacon
+50|6447|Dragon Valley

Mr.Maverick.MDK wrote:

I dont bitch at all about this game, i just deal with it, but after the 1.4 patch my game still got connection errors. I dont understand why some people have no problems and some have the same as before.  I dont know if completely removing the game and reinstalling a fresh copy helps.  I have read some other people have tried this and still have connection problems.  I just think that if there is a problem EA doesnt really care anymore now that 2142 is coming out.  Their attention is on that game and i doubt anything else will be done with BF2 as soon as 2142 is released wide.
I guess if all these people are having 1.4 problems DICE cant find the network bug(s). If thats the case they're probably gonna happen in 2142 as well.
rainynight65
+3|6445|KLD - ZA
I have no problems whatsoever and am a very happy camper with the patch.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6777|WC
yes.
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6639|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Ive only had 1 crash and 1 lost connection

Still pissed me off coz i was in a fucking great game and lost all my points -_-
Sentinel
Cheeseburger Connoisseur
+145|6660|Australia

rainynight65 wrote:

~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6540|Internetfitlerland

I remember in my old clan we were on vents and decided to join a server together, everytime we got on the server crashed within 10-15 seconds of the first person connecting.  After about 5. yes 5 problems with our connection, we gave up and quit.
EricTViking
Yes, I am Queeg
+48|6554|UK

turkeybacon wrote:

Mr.Maverick.MDK wrote:

I guess if all these people are having 1.4 problems DICE cant find the network bug(s). If thats the case they're probably gonna happen in 2142 as well.
You're right, I recently had lag/connection problems and it was down to my USB WiFi dongle.  I had to try 4 different makes of USB dongle nefore I found one that was stable. There's no way Dice can test the game on all permutations of all types of hardware.

I reckon a lot of the CTD/Connection issues are caused by dodgy device drivers, bad RAM or overclocking.

It will be interesting to see how many of the whiners & cry-babies suddenly realise that the CTDs they are still complaining about in 1.4, are actually caused by their own hardware being at fault.
Slickfish
+24|6625
I had problem with it freezing up for 15secs at a time and me losing connection every 5min, after installing the incremental patch, so I downloaded the full patch and it seemed stable for 10min that I had to try it, has anyone else had problems with in incrimental patch??.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6543|Doncaster UK

rainynight65 wrote:

couldnt put it better my self!!!
Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6523|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4
agree, works perfect!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard