JImm1
+1|6455
I have unlocked 2 weapons for Bf2. (Medic Gun and SpecOp)
But I want to know:

- How do I use these weapons when im playing on LAN? (I normaly host, also, but not always)
- How do I use these weapons when playing single player?
- Is there any way of unlocking all the weopons for testing? (Like on various servers where all the weopons are    unlocked), and this would just be for playing SP, or LAN. (Not online, I know that is proberly hacking)

I know you guys are the pro's, so please help me.
SGT.Slayero
+98|6477|Life in a vacuum sucks
u cant
Mr.H@x0r
+54|6524
yes i thought EA said they were avalible on 1.4 i havent played it yet but are they avalible in singleplayer yet?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6639|Warlord

Mr.H@x0r wrote:

yes i thought EA said they were avalible on 1.4 i havent played it yet but are they avalible in singleplayer yet?
- Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
JImm1
+1|6455
OK I now have 1.4, and when I play SP it says "Allow GLobal Unlocks: 1" but I still dont get the unlocks. And in MP on LAN I it says "Allow GLobal Unlocks: 0" and I dont get unlocks still.

What must I do?

I really want to use my guns in SP and/or MP lan mode.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6639|Warlord

JImm1 wrote:

OK I now have 1.4, and when I play SP it says "Allow GLobal Unlocks: 1" but I still dont get the unlocks. And in MP on LAN I it says "Allow GLobal Unlocks: 0" and I dont get unlocks still.
1 = yes, 0 = no, so it should work when it says 1. Haven't tried either option myself, maybe it just doesn't work, but I'd wait to see if other people have tried it and failed before maybe trying reinstallation.
lehter
+4|6460
I installed the linux unranked 1.4 server on my router box. In mods/bf2/settings/serversettings.con file, I have:
sv.useGlobalRank 1
sv.useGlobalUnlocks 1

These should enable the unlocks and ranks. But they don't. On the server's console, the values for those settings are 0, and trying to set them there to 1 has no effect.
-101-InvaderZim
+42|6856|Waikato, Aotearoa
I have "limited" unlocks in SF. (that is I only get to use some of the SF weapons on some of the maps.) All other waepons are locked. Oh I also get a "Waiting for 1 player(s) to Spawn" before the game can start in LAN/Co-op games too.
lehter
+4|6460

-101-InvaderZim wrote:

I have "limited" unlocks in SF. (that is I only get to use some of the SF weapons on some of the maps.) All other waepons are locked. Oh I also get a "Waiting for 1 player(s) to Spawn" before the game can start in LAN/Co-op games too.
In serversettings.con for the active mod, have:
sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1

Default for that is 2.
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6671|SLC, Utah, USA
In my experience, the
sv.useGlobalRank 1
sv.useGlobalUnlocks 1
lines mean that if you were to log in with your ONLINE account, and then join that LAN server that it would show your rank as whatever your online is (rather than private) and would allow you to use your unlocks you "unlocked" on that online account.  It has nothing to do with whether people can use all unlocks or not.  Try looking at different lines of code.

And it's also possible that it's a dedicated server only option, not something you can setup while using the in-game hosting.  I set on my own computer a dedicated server for a LAN and had a lot more control over things than if I used the in-game hosting.

I know that BFCC had a check-box for allowing all unlocks, but it was greyed out as of when I was hosting the server, PRE-1.4.

I haven't gotten the 1.4 server files to mess around with yet.

Last edited by [RDH]Warlord (2006-09-16 08:08:36)

lehter
+4|6460

[RDH]Warlord wrote:

In my experience, the
sv.useGlobalRank 1
sv.useGlobalUnlocks 1
lines mean that if you were to log in with your ONLINE account, and then join that LAN server that it would show your rank as whatever your online is (rather than private) and would allow you to use your unlocks you "unlocked" on that online account.  It has nothing to do with whether people can use all unlocks or not.  Try looking at different lines of code.

And it's also possible that it's a dedicated server only option, not something you can setup while using the in-game hosting.  I set on my own computer a dedicated server for a LAN and had a lot more control over things than if I used the in-game hosting.
The linux server is a dedicated one, and I logged in to BF2 using my online profile. Connected to my server - no rank, no unlocks.

It's ofc very possible I'm doing something wrong. Has anybody succeeded in getting the rank and unlocks working in dedicated unranked servers?

-101-InvaderZim, you have some unlocks working in SF. How about vanilla bf2?
[RDH]Warlord
Quakecon Attendee
+17|6671|SLC, Utah, USA
-101-InvaderZim

When you mean some unlocks some of the time, you don't mean the guns that are standard for the kits of some maps? (G36E for medic, FN2000 for assault)

It was my interpretation that those two lines meant that, but I guess not...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard