Poll

Against bunnyhopping and dolphin diving?

Yes54%54% - 394
No45%45% - 327
Total: 721
BORNKILLERS
+7|6665|uk
What a pointless thread.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6567
Noob: "Mommy, this guy keeps jumping and I can't kill him!!"

Mother: "Well I've had it. Im going to do something about this. I'm going to get EA to change the game so little Jimmy can kill that hopper."

Noob: " Thanks, Mommy!! But I still suck."
WyrdNyrd
+6|6493|Mesa, AZ
I didn't care either way. Go ahead and bunnyhop. You can't shoot me when you're in mid air but I'll take you down like a clay pigeon. I adjust and evolve my gameplay as I go along.
IntrebuloN
+8|6477
first of all, i've been playing multiplayer fps's since wolfenstein and duke3d

nothing wrong with bhopping in these type of fast shootemup spamfests imho

however, in a game like bf2, what i would call a mostly realistic representation of real world warfare, in the format of a tactical team fps, while of course still being fun.  nobody wants to get shot in the leg and have to limp around waiting to die, or being killed with 1 high powered round to the chest
bhopping and dolphin diving don't belong, imo, simply because they are so completely unrealistic

i play this game because i get a rush out of good strategic teamwork where players actually support each other
to be honest i don't mind someone jumping once or twice to avoid my fire, but jumping constantly until they can take cover is just a way to save yer own ass, since the guy yer running from like a chicken shit, if he has ANY strategic sense is gonna sit tight and kill someone else while you lick your wounds

as far as dolphin diving goes, i admit it takes some skill to do it properly, but i also will tell you that you are most certainly taking advantage of a glitch in the game, having accuracy because yer lying down is good, having accuracy while lying down in midair is next to impossible in real life with anything but a light powered pistol, since you have nearly no control over recoil since your body is anchored to nothing

in CS they nerfed bunnyhopping by reducing your jump height and movement speed each consecutive jump you make, bf2 would benefit greatly from this type of change, since ppl that have spent hours and hours perfecting their skill at actually aiming would beat players who have simply survived by bhopping

as for dolphin diving, i think 1.4 is something of an imperfect fix although it has pretty much dealth with this problem

and don't tell me i'm just a whiny noob with no skill because i can dolphin dive like a pro with less then 10 minutes of practice

as for u whiny little twits (not everyone) who are against bhopping/ddiving come up with a reason better than "it's lame" or w/e for your opinion don't waste our time by making us read through 3 pages out of 8 of posts that are completely useless in proving your case, yer just reducing this thread to a NOT/TO! confrontation that goes nowhere and i can tell you from my limited bf2 experience (under 3 months) that a well organized 3-6 man squad is generally overkill on a likesized squad that relies on bhopping and ddiving to survive, and will most surely make them think over what they're doing

of course, EA nerfing it is more effective, and those who are for ddiving, get over it, they'll never change it back
Dr_3V|L
+51|6732|Twente, The Netherlands

IntrebuloN wrote:

however, in a game like bf2, what i would call a mostly realistic representation of real world warfare
WRONG. Sóó wrong
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6486|Sheffield-England
bunny hoppers r so fucking stupid but i think its funny when they jump around the corner and then suddenly realise you have a dao-12 lmao thats some funny shit
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6567
Noob: "Mommy, this guy keeps jumping and I can't kill him!!"

Mother: "Well I've had it. Im going to do something about this. I'm going to get EA to change the game so little Jimmy can kill that hopper."

Noob: " Thanks, Mommy!! But I still suck."
SgtMurphy
+11|6547

ToiletTrooper wrote:

People that votes yes:   Are low ranked noobs that never win of everybody in combat!
People that votes no:     Are good people!

EDIT: Against the using!
I had to actually give the link to threads  like this to people in our office because they would not
believe me that people are crying about someone jumping and shooting at the same time in a
fps game.   Its friggin hilarious.   I work in the gaming publishing market, and noone believed me.

If you cant hit someone who is jumping, you need help. BF2 models move slower than most
games out there too, which is even funnier that people would complain about it.  Also, someone
made a good point in another post..... If you dont like the 'unreality' (as you say..) of someone
jumping and firing, then why dont you complain about people getting defifb'd and coming back
to life when they are DEAD ?? Or, why dont you complain about choppers capping flags from
the air ? 

Id like to meet the noob who came up with the term 'bunny hopping'.  I bet his stats are some
of the lowest out there.. He must REALLY suck.

Ive been in combat, youd be amazed at what a soldier can do when hes under fire. Ive seen some
freakish things.  Honestly, some of you dont have the gut for this game, me thinks.

Last edited by SgtMurphy (2006-09-15 18:18:07)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6688|Disaster Free Zone

SgtMurphy wrote:

If you cant hit someone who is jumping, you need help. BF2 models move slower than most
games out there too, which is even funnier that people would complain about it.  Also, someone
made a good point in another post..... If you dont like the 'unreality' (as you say..) of someone
jumping and firing, then why dont you complain about people getting defifb'd and coming back
to life when they are DEAD ?? Or, why dont you complain about choppers capping flags from
the air ? 

Id like to meet the noob who came up with the term 'bunny hopping'.  I bet his stats are some
Its really not that hard to hit someone jumping. It is hard for those hits to register and for the person to take damage because the 'hit box' is not in the same place as the graphics. When trying to kill a DD or prone spammer you have to know what there going to do and fire at there expected positon not at them... This is why its an exploit, its not skill, its freaken luck to hit them, and its exploiting the game mechanics to make you 'avoid' bullets.

Yes DIce should have fixed this problem, but that would require much, much more code to eliminate and theres always the factor of lagg in online games which compounds the problem. Bunny hopping is not a BF2 term, its been around for ages.

Not many games have 'prone' feature which makes DDing and prone spamming possible, which are the 2 most 'exploitive' means to avoid bullets, due to hitbox inaccuracies. No other game has these features, and if they do they are much more regulated to not allow people to do them anyway. Realality or not EA/DICE never intended you to ever be able to do it. Stop blaiming the 'noobs' for complaining, EA takes no notice of what the community wants, it just gives you what they want and you can like it or not. They always intended to remove BH, DDign and prone spamming, and have been nerfing it ever since 1.12, they just never got it right (and its still not right).

If you dont like it go find another game you can DD, PS in. (I bet you can't find many)
Choclot
+21|6549
i hate your face so much who ever does that lame bunny hopping and shit
IntrebuloN
+8|6477

Dr_3V|L wrote:

IntrebuloN wrote:

however, in a game like bf2, what i would call a mostly realistic representation of real world warfare
WRONG. Sóó wrong
how'd i know someone would pick on that comment

anyone notice he didn't highlight mostly? and that i didn't use the word "simulation"?

at any rate what i meant was, it's not quake or UT, and at the same time it's not so realistic that it's not fun

as i summed up before, which you, of course, didn't even THINK to quote since it makes your fllama point pretty much invalid.

ggkthnxbye
IntrebuloN
+8|6477

SgtMurphy wrote:

I work in the gaming publishing market, and noone believed me ... Id like to meet the noob who came up with the term 'bunny hopping'.  I bet his stats are some
You work in the game publishing market, and you think the person that invented the term bunnyhopping has stats?  What do you do? make the bloody boxes the game comes in?  Obviously the fact that you work in the "gaming publishing market" gives you no credibility in this instance since the term started in quake 1 where A) bhopping was a pretty integral part of the game to help you fire rockets down at your opponents feet and make yourself a moving target, but at least your target was where he looked like he was (due to the excellent netcode) and B) quake had totally unrealistic physics compared to bf2, so y do ppl insist on being able to bhop no matter what the game is?  if i had my way i'd probably do away with the jump key in this sort of game altogether, and create the (lol) "clear obstacle key" where it only works when yer next to something you can climb or jump on, or clearing a gap when going from roof to roof, lotta code of course

mebbe just have an extra bar, a la the sprint meter, that lets you jump twice before you have to wait for it to recharge at least halfway for another jump

If you dont like the 'unreality' (as you say..) of someone
the air ?
pay closer attention, they're not dead, they're "critically wounded" and you can't defib the dead ppl
besides that, the defib is a feature in the game, just like triage on a real battlefield, u must think ppl that like more realism in their games mean they want to spawn as a bloody surgeon or something and walk around in camo scrubs trying to find bullet holes and other injuries
whatever it is it's NOT an oversight in the physics/netcode that ppl can exploit to their advantage
yer comparing apples and oranges

Ive been in combat, youd be amazed at what a soldier can do when hes under fire. Ive seen some
freakish things.  Honestly, some of you dont have the gut for this game, me thinks.
i don't doubt that, but 40% of them doing the same miraculous things over and over? not likely

"wow did you see how i nailed that tango in the head with half a clip while prone in midair? and how the bullets went right thru me when i started jumping up and down like crazy like I wasn't even there? IM GONNA HAVE TO DO THAT SHIT AALLLLLLL THE TIME!"

laff
ggkthnxbye
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6542|Forest Lake, Australia

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
If it was a legal exploit, why have EA and DICE removed it?
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6634|Pittsburgh, PA
I have to admit, there is not much in BF2 that is more satisfying than gunning down a bunny.
SgtMurphy
+11|6547

DrunkFace wrote:

SgtMurphy wrote:

the air ? 

Its really not that hard to hit someone jumping. It is hard for those hits to register and for the person to take damage because the 'hit box' is not in the same place as the graphics. When trying to kill a DD or prone spammer you have to know what there going to do and fire at there expected positon not at them... This is why its an exploit, its not skill, its freaken luck to hit them, and its exploiting the game mechanics to make you 'avoid' bullets.

Yes DIce should have fixed this problem, but that would require much, much more code to eliminate and theres always the factor of lagg in online games which compounds the problem. Bunny hopping is not a BF2 term, its been around for ages.

Not many games have 'prone' feature which makes DDing and prone spamming possible, which are the 2 most 'exploitive' means to avoid bullets, due to hitbox inaccuracies. No other game has these features, and if they do they are much more regulated to not allow people to do them anyway. Realality or not EA/DICE never intended you to ever be able to do it. Stop blaiming the 'noobs' for complaining, EA takes no notice of what the community wants, it just gives you what they want and you can like it or not. They always intended to remove BH, DDign and prone spamming, and have been nerfing it ever since 1.12, they just never got it right (and its still not right).

If you dont like it go find another game you can DD, PS in. (I bet you can't find many)
I admit the player movement in BF2 is better than most 'war fps'.. but thats not saying much.

Not many games have prone you say?  what you been smoking ?  Every game in the past 10 years has it.

All you 'realistic' crybabies..... Im waiting for your ANTI defib threads.... and your ANTI chopper capping
flags threads..  and your TANK shells dont take down chopper threads?  Now there is some REAL without
argument UNREALISTIC aspects of this game. Where are all your threads about those ?? Or even better,
magical harry potter radars that show ALL your enemies locations on it, and even which way they are
facing.. (kinda shoots the whole sniper class to hell doesnt it.. sniper with no stealth..?? funny..)

I been waiting for a response to that question for 15 months, where are they ??

go play another game, eh?  hell I did that long ago.. BF2 is at the bottom of my enjoyable to play
games list lately.  Too many bugs, too many crybabies, and too many retards playing it..

crying over someone jumping and shooting, hahahahahahaha

Last edited by SgtMurphy (2006-09-16 07:49:57)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
So then shoplifting under $20 from Wal-Mart is legal theft because they do not prosecute for it most of the time? Your logic is nonexistant.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6732|Twente, The Netherlands

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
So then shoplifting under $20 from Wal-Mart is legal theft because they do not prosecute for it most of the time? Your logic is nonexistant.
It has never been said bunnyhopping is not legal. Shoplifting however is illegal but hard to prosecute.
Your logic is nonexistant.
Septimius2
+9|6475
lol.. i bet all you guys just LOVE it when Easter comes around...

Cadbury Chocolate presents....  BF2!!
ToiletTrooper
+25|6782|WC

dhoar4 wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
Because other people complained about the 'stupid' bunnyhopping, they wanted realism... Bitches, they dont own anyone in combat, like i said before.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6705

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
That's hardly a comparison. Your argument is non-existent.
BlaZin'Feenix
I'm just that good
+156|6626|Cork, Ireland
Here's an idea: In real life if you jumped in the air and went prone you would probably hurt when you landed. So I was thinking what if every time you did it you lost a bar or two of health. That would stop prone spammers!
royster86
+0|6511
ITS A FACKING game get over it.bunnyhop and dolphin dive the fack you want if your good with it and you kill people and you dont get yourself killed USE IT.
if it wasnt't suppossed to be used it would be out of the game PERIOD.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6649|can
Bf2 is NOT realistic!
manitobapaintballa
+32|6625

ToiletTrooper wrote:

dhoar4 wrote:

ToiletTrooper wrote:

Its a legal exploit
Because other people complained about the 'stupid' bunnyhopping, they wanted realism... Bitches, they dont own anyone in combat, like i said before.
the reason why the guys at dice removed it was the fact that people kept exploiting it.

bunnyhopping and dolphin diveing were never meant to be in the game (hence the term exploit) there is no such thing as a "legal exploit" why??? because its an exploit it was never meant to be in the game and it is cheating to use it
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475

TrashBlinD wrote:

Bf2 is NOT realistic!
but it is not arcady either

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard