Poll

Against bunnyhopping and dolphin diving?

Yes54%54% - 394
No45%45% - 327
Total: 721
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha

ToiletTrooper wrote:

So LaidBackNinja, you said it was gay. Now you are saying that you are gay urself, congrats
Using dolphindiving/bunnyhopping as an offensive measure is gay. Using it as a purely defensive measure to get away from a tank is in my opinion acceptable, for instance when you're caught in the open and there's an APC shooting at you. It probably won't help anyway, so help yourself. I know I do it sometimes because just standing there and taking the cannon to the face is lame. In infantry combat, you shouldn't need dolphindiving. Just be aware and shoot first.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6731|Peoria, Illinois

penguin.killer wrote:

I CAN dolphindive, and often do it for fun when waiting for a chopper/jet, but I almost never use it in a combat situation. Why? Because it's gay. It looks stupid and totally ruins the 'war feel'. I like to have at least SOME believability in my games. If I wanted insane jumping and acrobatics I'd play Unreal or something.
I play battlefield 2 because it's a semi-realistic wargame. Dolphin diving/ bunnyhopping definately does not belong in such a game. Period. This has nothing to do with skill, or being good or whatever
Doesnt dolphing/bunny take skill, i must desagree. I have trained to jump and dive so many times because i want to survive in a match, who has the more skill he who jump and dive and go prone or he who just stands there and fire in the bullet rain?
I would say the guy with more skill is the one who uses UAV to his advantage and shoots his enemy in the back.
penguin.killer
+75|6480
where is the - button when u need it
ToiletTrooper
+25|6775|WC

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Just be aware and shoot first.
Hmm, but you still have a chance to get hit, not with bunny/dolphin, then you still have a chance to continue with full health. Who is smarter?
Tunacommy
+56|6620|Massachusetts, USA

M1-Lightning wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6350039990178083908&q=dolphin+diving&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid … &hl=en
LOL - the second one is EXCELLENT!  great post +1
Tunacommy
+56|6620|Massachusetts, USA

M1-Lightning wrote:

I would say the guy with more skill is the one who uses UAV to his advantage and shoots his enemy in the back.
another good point - ^^ the only guy making sence in this thread.
x.x.RD.x.x
+6|6520
wat 1.4 did was hand the game over 2 G3 noobs, people who like to use standard guns might as well uninstall now...
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6722|England
Ok then laidbackninja you want this debate you have just got one.

Bunny hopping is a skill if you don't use a macro i am a major bunny hopper i get called it all the time and i love every single last bit of it. The quicker i can press each key on my keyboard while shooting is a kill not pressing 1 key to move forward and then shoot.

They have nerfed bunny hopping enough every patch they bring out they nerf the bunny hopping hurry to the cry babies of BF2. I have also noticed people who are new to battlefield 2 do not bunny hop yet when i play against someone who is experienced they bunny hop why is that oh yes i forget because were experienced.
Bunny hopping was stupid at first but the patch they brought out made it a bit more realistic and better because you couldn't shoot while jumping and doing crazy ass shit.

The best way to survive in a 1 vs 1 battle for me is to bunny hop confuse the other player make him run out of bullets and then deploy all my bullets into him i think its help me with my K/D ratio.

A true infantry player on BF2 knows they need bunny hopping to survive in most battles. 5 v 5 TWL infantry matches most players in the high ladders bunny hop and it was an essential part to counter act an attack from the enemy. Also bunny hopping for me has become a habit not a skill a habit one I'm proud of and the k/d that i get in a round i can smile to because i know i earned that the experienced way.

I see that EA values there new customers rather than the old ones because they nerf all the experienced players game play just so n00bies can have a chance to fight back. Who cares we was all a n00b at some point it takes time to adjust.

Dolphin diving nothing bad about that its really fun see someone on the UAV jump swing your player round the corner and put 3 bullets of burst fire into the enemies head. I love the way I'm able to manipulate dolphin diving in such a way people don't realize it coming.

As with most of the patches nothing will be fixed there will be ways around things something new will appear and people will learn and then the BF2 community will cry again. I'm glad this patch is the final one so nothing else can be nerfed.

Why cant we talk about knifing some one, knife battles take for ever i know because i practice with my team mate while our server gets full it you can hit the other player 3 times with the knife smoke comes from his body and nothing. What about when you shoot someone with a sniper rifle hit them in the head smoke comes off but they still have all there health.

We should be moaning about stuff like this because this isn't really you wouldn't shoot someone or knife someone and they wouldn't die in real life. Most likely they would especially a bullet to the head now thats not realistic.

/end rant.

Last edited by gazzie (2006-09-06 14:37:53)

killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

^^I laugh at you as I chunk a GP-30 at your feet and watch you fly away and die looking like a retard.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-09-06 15:27:49)

gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6722|England
Hah what the nerfed GP-30 lmfao your pathetic.
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley

ToiletTrooper wrote:

It is not lame, now the close infantry combats are bored now: its just walking, aiming and try to hit him, all the same close combats everywhere. Boring.
Boring? Whats wrong with you?
turkeybacon
+50|6446|Dragon Valley

jugobeer wrote:

I dont give a shit!

The real question is:  Do you enjoy the game?
definately
J=MAN
+25|6658|OZ

sergeriver wrote:

bedolf57 wrote:

i'm a "low ranked noob that never win of everybody in combat!" for sure
Is this the new "all your base are belong to us"?
vladb
+1|6443|canada

ToiletTrooper wrote:

It is not lame, now the close infantry combats are bored now: its just walking, aiming and try to hit him, all the same close combats everywhere. Boring.
LOL.. simply quit playing the game then! If you love bunnyhopping so much over the rest of the game, then consider building your own game and name it something along the lines of "BunnyhoppField 2".  The point of the game will be so that all the non-noobs who pwn can bunnyhopp abit more as opposed to noobs who can't pwn etc.  Sounds fun?
Disodium
+13|6514|Sydney
Dont have an issue with it, but imo it does take away from the game.
vladb
+1|6443|canada

Disodium wrote:

Dont have an issue with it, but imo it does take away from the game.
Yes.. the patch 1.4 note expressly states: bunnyhop is no more.  Hence, bunnyhop has been removed from the game.  If those to whom the bunnyhop is all they looked for in a game such as BF2, then maybe they *are* the noobs that simply abused that one poorly thoughtout feature of the game enough to piss the rest of the players and game devs, resulting in the patch and removal of the noobish feature.

Last edited by vladb (2006-09-06 20:35:36)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6468
Wow just wow. "Yes" guys counter will valid points, while "No" guys counter with meaningless insults. And so it appears that the "No" peoples' credibility is dead and gone.

Last edited by doctastrangelove1964 (2006-09-06 20:40:46)

twiistaaa
+87|6668|mexico
dont care i dont feel like it really makes them shoot at me better or me miss them anymore. it just prolongs the gun fight, thats all.

Last edited by twiistaaa (2006-09-06 22:08:33)

dhoar4
Banned
+151|6535|Forest Lake, Australia
I'm against all the tossers jumping around like fucking retards.  Thank christ they removed the whole bunny hopping shit...
souljar
+8|6485|Liverpool U.K
What you people who are going on about how great the new patch is because it,s stopped prone spamming and dolphin diving have failed to notice is that not only does it stop these things but also stops allot of good tactics in the game too.

Only yesterday i had to suffer not being able to do shit after jumping of a ledge to shoot a tank with a rocket because apparently it,s better if there is a delay after this.

Ducking down behind sandbags to evade a tank but when the tank decides to go around to blast you apparently it,s better that there is a delay to stop you jumping over to the other side to evade this.

Hiding behind an obstacle to avoid being killed by a n00b sitting a gun emplacement or a mounted weapon on a car but when you pop up to take a shot apparently it better if there is a delay before you can fire back and of course you gonna get killed every time this happens just like i did on every occasion.

So i say well done to all you crying n00bz that got the game changed into this pile of shit it is now but it wont really matter to you because you can still prone camp with your support weapon or do your spawn killing in the tank cant you.

As far as i am concerned 1.4 has handed this game over to the no skill crying n00bz that could never really play it properly in the first place !
spray_and_pray
+52|6491|Perth. Western Australia

Tunacommy wrote:

spray_and_pray wrote:

Anyone that says yes is a low ranked noob and never wins in infantry combat? Hmmm i think you should stick it up your's. The only reason people bunnyhop is because they cant get infantry kills the normal way and have to be special. Bunnyhopping is not a skill its an exploit which flattens all the hitboxes on a target. I know me and my clan are highly against it but we still own all the bunnyhoppers tards which try to do it when your standing 3 feet away from them.
If you kill them either way....why are you so against it? 

The only people that really bitch about it are the guys who can't kill the hoppers/divers.  There is no advantage to jumping around - eventually - you are going to get fraged by the superior player that can kill you either way!
Im against it because what about the noobs who get pwned by prone spammers and its not a skill god why is everyone against 1.4 i just made 180 points on an internode infantry server last night there is basically the only people bitching are prone spammers dolphin divers and bunnyhoppers. Even though there is an increased intensity in nade spamming its pretty fine. BTW its funny watching people think they can still bunnyhop and they only notice when their head is full of lead.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6775|WC

spray_and_pray wrote:

Im against it because what about the noobs who get pwned by prone spammers and its not a skill god why is everyone against 1.4 i just made 180 points on an internode infantry server last night there is basically the only people bitching are prone spammers dolphin divers and bunnyhoppers. Even though there is an increased intensity in nade spamming its pretty fine. BTW its funny watching people think they can still bunnyhop and they only notice when their head is full of lead.
It is a skill from god, and if you dont like it, you aren't very smart.
vladb
+1|6443|canada

souljar wrote:

Only yesterday i had to suffer not being able to do shit after jumping of a ledge to shoot a tank with a rocket because apparently it,s better if there is a delay after this.
Yeah... i get ya.  It sucks not being able to fly across the map in a split second the moment you see that tank aiming at ya.  It sucks not being able to go invisible or teleport right behind the tank with your rocket already auto aimed and auto fired for ya... yada yada yada..

My point is that a touch of realism never hurts a good game.  Otherwise, people whining about the delay are better off switching over to playing the Mario Brother deathmatch...

Being real though, maybe your strategy of dealing with tanks was abit flawed to begin with? Why do you have to keep jumping around a ledge..? Find a building or inside cover.  I doubt a soldier in the field would survive long relying solely on his ability to dance around a tank all the time..
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6530|Boston, MA
Where's the neutral option? I don't really care, I never did it so it doesn't effect me there and I can still easily kill people when they do it so it doesn't effect me there either...
beerface702
+65|6693|las vegas
they nerfed bunny hopping enough. leave it alone, i mean its not a tactical sim here. if u want that play ghost recon or whatever, which is a great game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard