FrenziedAU
+6|6466|Australia
Playing with 1.4 today on FuShe Pass as Chinese, and I knew there was an enemy around the airbase, so when I saw someone running around with a red tag, I shot them.  You can imagine my surprise when I got a TK, since they supposedly eliminated the red tag bag.

I'll post some screenshots as soon as I get them onto photobucket (It's having issues)

Edit: Screenshots:

The teamkill:
https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/FrenziedAU/RedTag3.jpg

I am on the chinese team:
https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/FrenziedAU/RedTag2.jpg

He is on the chinese team, and has a red tag:
https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k74/FrenziedAU/redtag1.jpg

Last edited by FrenziedAU (2006-09-06 00:05:34)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6794|EUR
It lives. : /
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6509|Menlo Park, CA
yea so does the CTD!!!!!!! and lost connection! THESE FUCKERS ARE HOPELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6565|Doncaster, UK
The bug fix list only said that they had had another attempt to fix the red tag bug, not that they'd succeeded. We should have known from the wording that they'd failed.
USAFDude_1988
Will fly for food.
+120|6528|Daytona Beach, FL
Proof that Dice is incompetent.. This has lasted since the demo.

Last edited by USAFDude_1988 (2006-09-06 03:54:28)

Souljah
+42|6686
bah why am i not surprised
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6565|Doncaster, UK
There's nothing worse than sneaking up on someone thinking you're being really clever, sticking a knife in the red tag mofo's neck and then finding out it's the bug.

For DiCE to basically refer to it as an attempt to fix the red tag bug either means they don't actually know what they are doing, they don't know what is causing it but they are trying, or they just put that in the bug fix list and hope nobody notices.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6610|Reisterstown, MD

If you can't tell the difference from someone on your team and someone on the other team then you deserve to be punished.

Last edited by killer21 (2006-09-06 04:05:36)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6565|Doncaster, UK
Oh can't you just FOAD you total pratt. You're talking about poeple whining and yet you're just trolling the forums whining about what anybody else before you has posted.

I'm sure if we look at your stats we'll see 0 teamkills then shall we?
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6610|Reisterstown, MD

I'm sry.  I am not from the UK(thank goodness) so is that supposed to be funny or something?
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6694|Canberra, AUS
On a gentler note, you really should learn to spot people by UNIFORM, not by tag.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6565|Doncaster, UK
You know, you're right, it's just me not being able to distinguish a uniform in the heat of battle and this bug isn't an issue for anyone else. Nobody else has ever had a problem with it.
FrenziedAU
+6|6466|Australia

Spark wrote:

On a gentler note, you really should learn to spot people by UNIFORM, not by tag.
Yes, I should - but it is still a bug that should have been ironed out by now.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6521|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
OMFG... But this neva happens to me.

But... Holy Shit, it's alive and it will eat us.... WTF
Lionbeat
+9|6665|LONDON

killer21 wrote:

I'm sry.  I am not from the UK(thank goodness) so is that supposed to be funny or something?
If you're more than 50 metres away from someone, it's v hard to distinguish uniforms, and unless you're a sniper, you're gonna let off some rounds. Team damage is the least you'll do. End of the day, this bug is fkin annoying, and you're a cunt for trying to say a player is at fault for TK, and not the game designers.

What have you got against the UK? What's so great about Canada? Twat.
X3M*Selkie
+13|6596|Belgium

Spark wrote:

I try, but got recently 'again' TKs for shooting down a heli (with 3 people in) with a jeep mounted machine gun.
How to tell friend or foo on these, if a red tag (+2) is showing above?
I guess I just have to live with it.
Simonym
+1|6517|D'owhere
The red name tag seems like a problem that one can have while joining the server (similar to the problem joining on a server and having no rank and no unlocks).
It helps if u reconnect to the server if u have the red tag.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6713|Howell, Mi USA
bunch of punish happy idiots on that server.

i didn't expect the red tag bug to be fixed, oh well
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
docnutz
+39|6778|B O S T ON area
it's not the end of t he world, this red tag is something they are having a hard time finding where problem actually is!

I think its funny lol
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6710|Devon, England
show it to that dice guy, i'm sure he said that he will give armoured fury and euro force keys to any1 who posts a screenshot of the redtag bug in 1.4
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6577|Hungary
1.4 Fail
SGT.Slayero
+98|6484|Life in a vacuum sucks
crap       EA,Dice u need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Souljah
+42|6686

killer21 wrote:

If you can't tell the difference from someone on your team and someone on the other team then you deserve to be punished.
thats true but its kinda hard to tell what uniform their wearing if their in a vehicle and all you see is a red name.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere
people, it's called LOOK AT THE UNIFORM
dknessfalls
+9|6463|Corona, California
the red glitch isnt the a problem with ea or dice, so quit bagging on them...ive seen it happen, its the player that causes the red glitch, and the server also has something to do with it....when a player just joins the game, by default they will be forced to go into the mec/chinese side, but if its uneven then server changes them to US side, problem is, server does not register that player as an ally but still an enemy. and vice verca for friendly enemies....anyone who has bf2cc, do this on ur server and see what happens: have an uneven team, and switch one of the guys to the opposing team using admin command Move to other team by force, if the player spanws at the same time that command is given, the player spawns on the team they chose, but with the red bug, and they still have the original costume, only difference is that they're actually an enemy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard