Flubbersucker
+0|6748|Arizona
A lot of people that are having problems seem to be making the same four mistakes. So hopefully some will find this helpfull.

Ea downloader requirements

1.)  Windows XP with Admin rights (ONLY Windows XP IS SUPPORTED)

2.)  Using an unsupported internet browser will also produce an error.  Make sure that you are using Internet EXPLORER 6.  Other browsers such as Mozilla, Opera and Internet Explorer 7 beta  will NOT run correctly.

(I was actualy able to connect and download the patch after hours of banging my head but when it did        finish the game wouldnt load...Sound familiar? Often times I recieved a " Core.exe " error when downloading.)

3.)  A "7049:608 -- Restricted IP" error may come up if you're trying to get a patch and the EA Downloader is having trouble communicating with the download server.  If this happens, you can download the patch from the Large Downloads site

4.)  Error Code 70xx 502? This one is caused by a corrupt login file...Redownload the downloader...

Hope that helps someone. All this info is availible on the EA site. It just takes a little looking.

Last edited by Flubbersucker (2006-09-05 22:55:52)

Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6628|Finland

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard