RD_The_Dog
+87|6556
Adapt or Die.  This is a philosaphy adopted by the cream of the crop in any field....as it should be in Gaming like in BF2.  Many people disagree with the changes made in the latest patch, complaining how it has absolutely ruined infantry combat, or absolutely ruined this or that.  But the best players are going to be the ones who accept the changes as soon as possible, and start adapting their style of play accordingly, and ultimately have the most fun.  As for the those who refuse to adapt, they will ultimately become frustrated and never enjoy the experience.

And as most veteran BF2 players will remember.......every BF2 patch that has ever been released has had the same reactions as the latest patch has.  "OMG the PKM PWNZ EVERYTHING! WTF!"  "Only 8 Rockets? WTF!"  "The BH guns cant kill anything!  ZOMG!", or "I CANT SHOOT WHEN I JUMP? Im gonna go kill myself".  These rants carry on for a few weeks, and then eventually die out, because everybody has either eventually adapted to the new gameplay mechanics, or simply stopped playing.  Then a new patch will come along, and the cycle will repeat. 

So.....accept the changes and adjust accordingly as soon as possible.  The faster we all do this, the faster we can all start having fun again.  If not, then stop playing BF2.
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6528|Minnesota eh
amen
imortal
+240|6684|Austin, TX
Finally someone with a bit of sense.  +1
rawls
Banned
+11|6834|California, USA

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Adapt or Die.  This is a philosaphy adopted by the cream of the crop in any field....as it should be in Gaming like in BF2.  Many people disagree with the changes made in the latest patch, complaining how it has absolutely ruined infantry combat, or absolutely ruined this or that.  But the best players are going to be the ones who accept the changes as soon as possible, and start adapting their style of play accordingly, and ultimately have the most fun.  As for the those who refuse to adapt, they will ultimately become frustrated and never enjoy the experience.

And as most veteran BF2 players will remember.......every BF2 patch that has ever been released has had the same reactions as the latest patch has.  "OMG the PKM PWNZ EVERYTHING! WTF!"  "Only 8 Rockets? WTF!"  "The BH guns cant kill anything!  ZOMG!", or "I CANT SHOOT WHEN I JUMP? Im gonna go kill myself".  These rants carry on for a few weeks, and then eventually die out, because everybody has either eventually adapted to the new gameplay mechanics, or simply stopped playing.  Then a new patch will come along, and the cycle will repeat. 

So.....accept the changes and adjust accordingly as soon as possible.  The faster we all do this, the faster we can all start having fun again.  If not, then stop playing BF2.
The point is that its the ones who refuse to or can't adapt that bitch and moan. I'll adapt to whatever. What this tells me is I can affect the game if I get enough whiners to bring change.
In conclusion, your post is contradicting. You are telling people to stop complaining about the changes and to adapt. But its the complainers who don't adapt that end up altering the game.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6599
Adapt to what?  Less servers crashing?  I guess I've adapted then.  Yay...
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6541
preach it brother
RD_The_Dog
+87|6556

rawls wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

The point is that its the ones who refuse to or can't adapt that bitch and moan. I'll adapt to whatever. What this tells me is I can affect the game if I get enough whiners to bring change.
In conclusion, your post is contradicting. You are telling people to stop complaining about the changes and to adapt. But its the complainers who don't adapt that end up altering the game.
Im not telling people to stop complaining, im saying the sooner we all come to terms with the way things are, the sooner we can all let the good times roll.
rawls
Banned
+11|6834|California, USA

RD_The_Dog wrote:

rawls wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

Im not telling people to stop complaining, im saying the sooner we all come to terms with the way things are, the sooner we can all let the good times roll.
roger and out.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6703

RD_The_Dog wrote:

[sarcasm] Surely someone with this much sense does not belong on the boards!! [/sarcasm]
RD_The_Dog
+87|6556

462nd NSP653 wrote:

RD_The_Dog wrote:

[sarcasm] Surely someone with this much sense does not belong on the boards!! [/sarcasm]
  I love lamp.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6715|minnesota
brick, where did you get a hand grenade
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6697|Middle of nowhere

sharpshot19 wrote:

brick, where did you get a hand grenade
............. i don't know
howler_27
+90|6706
Good post.  The funny thing is that it seems the ones who bitched about the previous problems always end up bitching about the fixes.  Did it ever occur to those chuckleheads that they are the root of their own friggin' problems?  Arrg!  If you love the game, just play the damn thing and enjoy it.  Nothing's fair in war, and that is definately the case with the BF2 shooter.  Adapt, or be trampled under my feet you enemy scum.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6713|Howell, Mi USA
+1 i wish everyone thought this way.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
TF501|Rocker
+6|6593
ZOMG! teh 733t macr0rz r fuXord WTF?

/sarcasm

Couldn't agree with you more, Dog.

The changes really are minor and only serve to inhibit all of the game mechanic exploits that have become so rampant in past months.

+1 for ya.
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6522
There wont be another patch.

EA will forget about this game soon as 2142 hits the shelves.
Delphy
+45|6604|Bristol, UK
Yeah cos I really love adapting to my favourite vehicles and infantry techniques being nerfed to shit the whole time...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6640|Gold coast, Aus.
I have already adapted. Which is where i gain my advantage. Others are still learning over again, meanwhile i have came out unscathed. Still fighting to the top, still pwning nubs and still. Destroying. Entire. Squads.
Chillin&killin
+27|6694|Manchester,England
dont get me worng i agree and will adapt any of my gameplay if i need to.... but i can only do that if the game doesn't crash everytime i try. that is what ppl complain the most
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6561|Winterpeg, Canada
I wonder what voix is doing now....
ECH
+50|6662|Some where near you
Wow, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that the majority of people who complained of the changes (nerfs to exploits) were the exploiters.

Last edited by ECH (2006-09-06 10:18:10)

IRONCHEF
+385|6510|Northern California
Well said.  Further, I think it's a sign that someone is geeking off too much because they've played Sooooooo many hours of a game that they cry rivers of pain and anguish when there's a minute little change..either for the good or bad.

Oh yeah, +1 for your sanity-derived thread.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2006-09-06 10:14:34)

explosivo
Banned
+262|6662
i cant really see any difference in the gameplay.
ECH
+50|6662|Some where near you

explosivo wrote:

i cant really see any difference in the gameplay.
To be honest, neither can I.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6585|England

Well said mate. Theres barely any significant changes to gameplay and everyone is up in arms about it. Its pathetic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard