gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Yes. I like to consider myself ownidge king. On the servers I play on i totally dominate.

Anyway, my mate brung his laptop to school to do 'schoolwork' and co-incdently had the Bf2 cd in it. So we booted it up and had a game. Now, his laptop is a pretty neat laptop, but can not play BF2 for shit. So i had a go, and fuck me, it was a lagginwagon. I would try and kill someone and they would dominate me. Heck Private first class's were Headshotting me.

Got home, and i was back to my owning self.

results in super PC testing = better PC can make a better gamer. but the gamer has to be there in the first place.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6591|Your attic
On my old old PC (1GB RAM, 6600 AGP, 3GHz CPU) I was near awful, I got my old PC (2G BRAM, 7800GTX, dual core CPU) and I improved dramtically. However with my current PC (4GB RAM 7950 and the same CPU) I haven't seen any improvement.

In short, good hardware (and a good mouse) help to a certain degree, but theres only so much it can do.
Chillin&killin
+27|6676|Manchester,England
all ive got is a dell dimension 5000 with some optical dell mouse
DSRTurtle
+56|6686
I've said all along that better hardware only helps so much.  I'd love to see how much better I would be if I played on AMD X2 4800 with 2GB Dual Channel DDR, nVidia 7800 GT, and a couple of Raptor 10000RPM harddrives in RAID0.

Will I become some super 1337 player overnight if I got that system?  No!  Would I be better than I am now?  More than likely. 

The system can only help you so much.  If you don't have a feel or instict for where the enemy is when you don't have a UAV or Sat Scan to spot for you then no your not going to improve.  Even after almost a 1000 hours I still suck at the game.  But compared to how bad I sucked when I was a low ranking scum to what I have for stats now, I can see the improvement that just playing and learning from people who are better at the game than I am has helped. 

I absoultely love the game when I go out and get a combat gold medal by owning people or even more fun when I fly a bomber and my lgm guy gets the gold.  That tells me how much better I am now than when I was just starting to play the game.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6627|Canada
2 gigs of RAM vs 900mbs..... i think that is an advantage
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

I'll probably be blown away with graphics on high and such. I can't wait for a new comp.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard