LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha
Jalalabad is worse than Karkand.

(I don't mean you get raped more than on Karkand, I just mean that Jalalabad is simply no fun at all to play, while I do enjoy Karkand from time to time).
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6490|Gogledd Cymru

PBAsydney wrote:

Tunacommy wrote:

FoShizzle wrote:

Says you...there is nothing worse than travelling half way across one of those large maps only to be killed by some twat in a jet.  I'll take the street fight any day of the week.
agreed! - I hate spending a ton of time running to a flag on a huge map and getting bombed - at least in a city map you can sneak around and kill people and get back into it relatively quickly should you die....
If you are getting killed by jets on foot then the jet pilots are hacking or you are running at a stupid place.

Jets can't see infantry on the ground from altitudes above like 100, it's the LOD system, they can't even see vehicles, only reason they hit them is because of the radar.
mate you either need a better graphics card or actually try flying a plane as you will see if travelling resonably slow say 700kph jets can spot inf and bomb as soon as you see them = kill 70% of the time, learn to fly or upgrade your pc
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

PBAsydney wrote:

Snake wrote:

Karkand is the shittest map in the game, next to Kubra. The two terrible K's.

Jalalabad is actually pretty fun and enjoyable I found. I found no nade spamming or claywhoring when I played it - both when I was on foot and in armour across 4 rounds (2 of which the server crashed...).

Yes, its mainly Infantry, but where I was playing - US armour got annhilated at the front since there was a very strong AT team sat there taking it out every time since they have good spots to hide in. I should know, they got me a few times.

The only problems I have with the map, is that it is a complete reversal of Sharqi where the MEC always win. On Jala, it seems as if the US always win. And its because of the uncaps and how close the armour starts to the front. But thats only based on 4rounds so far and a lot of us are new to the map and gota learn it.
IMO Kubra is one of the best maps, hardcore infantry fighting, great fun flying through all possible spots on the dam, lots of armor etc.
True, but it just never goes ok for me. (unless im commander). I like the big maps, but the whole dam area is just TOO big for my liking.
We all have our own opinions, and its great for choppers and jets. Shame im not that good in either of them Maybe if I was....
IMO, Smoke Screen is the best map...check my stats
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.

surgeon_bond wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Tunacommy wrote:

agreed! - I hate spending a ton of time running to a flag on a huge map and getting bombed - at least in a city map you can sneak around and kill people and get back into it relatively quickly should you die....
If you are getting killed by jets on foot then the jet pilots are hacking or you are running at a stupid place.

Jets can't see infantry on the ground from altitudes above like 100, it's the LOD system, they can't even see vehicles, only reason they hit them is because of the radar.
mate you either need a better graphics card or actually try flying a plane as you will see if travelling resonably slow say 700kph jets can spot inf and bomb as soon as you see them = kill 70% of the time, learn to fly or upgrade your pc
hah, I'm running everything on high and there's nothing wrong with my eyes, in old DC I could target out infantry much better.

My point is, I think I have never been killed as infantry by a jet unless in a base where he is simply bombing the general area, and believe me, I infantry rambo a lot on large maps.
Jackabo
+127|6559|Dublin, Ireland
i dont like it either only because of the vehicle whores
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6626|Quebec city, Canada
Jalalabad will become like karkand soon... For the one who said he didnt find gaymore whoring and nade spamming, its because people dont know really know the map and its best posts for gaymores and grenades.. wait a few weeks and you will find a different jalalabad, or I should say, different play styles !

I think BF2 needed a map like the ones on SF, where tanks cant go everywhere and cant get huge score easily. Also, I think that a map with hills and mountains like Surge and Mass destruction in SF would have been cool. Im tired of Karkand and its dusty-Baghdad style. What about a more "sinister" atomosphere like the one of Surge or all the maps of SF ?

And for the ones that stated that the guy got karkand as his favorite map, ill tell you its hard to do otherwise when 50% of the maps run karkand 24/7...

personnaly I find karkand an ok map, sometimes fun but not more than the other ones. I always try to find a server that runs every map but its hard, lots of them only run urban maps :S
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.

-=raska=- wrote:

Jalalabad will become like karkand soon... For the one who said he didnt find gaymore whoring and nade spamming, its because people dont know really know the map and its best posts for gaymores and grenades.. wait a few weeks and you will find a different jalalabad, or I should say, different play styles !

I think BF2 needed a map like the ones on SF, where tanks cant go everywhere and cant get huge score easily. Also, I think that a map with hills and mountains like Surge and Mass destruction in SF would have been cool. Im tired of Karkand and its dusty-Baghdad style. What about a more "sinister" atomosphere like the one of Surge or all the maps of SF ?
I do agree, IMO Mass Destruction has got to be one of the best maps in the game.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

I have fun on Jalalalalalalabad... it's the bad optimization of some textures that drives me nuts =S
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
lol I like the little arab music when I get close to a flag.
specxops
Banned
+18|6650|Boca Raton,Florida
i love it
SGT.Slayero
+98|6466|Life in a vacuum sucks
anyone got pics of the map?
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
yep, yourself after you installed the patch
smacktardthefirst
+30|6585|Good ol' Canada
This map just needs a couple of J10's that the US can use, then it would rock!!!!! Only play US team as MEC suck.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6501|Valley of the Dragons
The map just needs a different approach. The MEC team hs to put up a stiff defense at certain chokepoints and all will be well. Keep one of the MEC tanks (I am using the 64 map as reference) at that intersection with that fixed MG on the roof. Let the other tank take the road to the south with an AT crew. Get some mines up at choke points to stop DPV runs and you have something to start from. The map has been out for a couple of hours now in public play so how can you allready say its crap.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Great Wall > Road to Jalalabad > Karkand
senor_fulff
+25|6760|Yorkshire, UK.
Really well thought out map.
An AT-er's dream. Every flag has at least 3 or 4 access points. Like a reverse karkand but no APC's. Gonna be very hard to spawncamp in armour as there are lots of TOW's and shooting lanes with cover. Just about all roofs are accessible so snipers can have fun too.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Great wall ftw.
-=5TON3D
+42|6535|u.k
love the map but theres only 1 thing i dont like about it,& its the fact that mec get fucked over (yet again) with another usmc get an uncap & the other team dont,so once the mec lose the uncap they get fucked over by 4 tanks instead of 2.

still,at least its better than karkand,cause now people that play at/engi/spec ops can attack armor from the rooftops if they aint got the skills to sneak up on them from the ground.
myself i'll be raping my way through the alleyways with my ak/knife & shock lol.
Snakeyezzz
Banned
+10|6660

PBAsydney wrote:

I shall call it: ANOTHER KARKAND.

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
I agree it sux but it doesnt hold a candle to KARKAND.........Id like to see if the car glitch in the MEC hotel has been fixed too,,,,,I played JALALAPUKE for 4 rounds and the basic problem is that the MEC command centre is so vulnerable to getting raped it isnt funny...on the otherhand the US Base is so spread out you'd need 3 squads to handle it's demise whereas one good squad can put the finishing touch on the MEC base,,,,,poorly made map(whover made this map was on some really bad drugs).AND the OTHER thing that really sucks is that my favorite server has gone to INFANTRY only on both maps,,,,,,I hope they like playing on a dead server until they wake up and change it back.

Last edited by Snakeyezzz (2006-09-05 19:23:44)

Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

PBAsydney wrote:

I shall call it: ANOTHER KARKAND.

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
It's not bad with no arty allowed and infantry only, I quite enjoy it. Better than Karkand IMO.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6679|Middle of nowhere

PBAsydney wrote:

Snake wrote:

Karkand is the shittest map in the game, next to Kubra. The two terrible K's.

Jalalabad is actually pretty fun and enjoyable I found. I found no nade spamming or claywhoring when I played it - both when I was on foot and in armour across 4 rounds (2 of which the server crashed...).

Yes, its mainly Infantry, but where I was playing - US armour got annhilated at the front since there was a very strong AT team sat there taking it out every time since they have good spots to hide in. I should know, they got me a few times.

The only problems I have with the map, is that it is a complete reversal of Sharqi where the MEC always win. On Jala, it seems as if the US always win. And its because of the uncaps and how close the armour starts to the front. But thats only based on 4rounds so far and a lot of us are new to the map and gota learn it.
IMO Kubra is one of the best maps, hardcore infantry fighting, great fun flying through all possible spots on the dam, lots of armor etc.
hardcore infantry fighting? ehm... no, but i do think Mass Destruction is the best map in the game

I haven't played Jalalallabad yet, but from what it sounds like, the US just get another rape map, and MEC has to have a team of gods in order to win, doesn't sound very fun, but hey, i'll play it some just to see what it's like, i mean, it sounds like a good tank map
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6765|Toronto Canada
jalalabad w/o vehicles is soo much fun. to be honest, my interest in bf2 was at a definate low today, but now i actually want to play again!

thanks dice
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Also, maybe it's not the map that sucks but the MEC team? It's just like Karkand in terms of MEC strategy; don't defend your back bases, get raped from behind. Don't blame DICE for making a map that requires defense.
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada

kessel! wrote:

jalalabad w/o vehicles is soo much fun. to be honest, my interest in bf2 was at a definate low today, but now i actually want to play again!

thanks dice
I agree, I just owned up a server today with my squad. We all went atleast 20 and 5 (k/d).
Bernadictus
+1,055|6737

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Also, maybe it's not the map that sucks but the MEC team? It's just like Karkand in terms of MEC strategy; don't defend your back bases, get raped from behind. Don't blame DICE for making a map that requires defense.
UAV over the Mosque, 7 red dots approaching. And every single teammate runs of to capture Hotel flag.

Really defense is a part of this game, and that goes double for maps in which teams have no UCB.

UCB - Uncapturable Base

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard