Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I shall call it: ANOTHER KARKAND.

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
xINTERMISSIONx
+71|6553|A dark hole....
ok...what you want...

i love him

Last edited by xINTERMISSIONx (2006-09-06 08:12:15)

MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6771|EUR
I have not played the new patch because of my computer breaking. But..I believe you.
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6526|Boston, MA
Ya, I just came off two rounds at Jalalabad, nothing special. The only difference is that MEC seems to have no problem attacking where in Karkand, USMC has no problem attacking.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6729|Oslo, Norway
wow, this was discussed 2 months ago, now shutup
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6521|dunno

PBAsydney wrote:

That map is just pure crap, if you're all into getting raped by a shitload of grenades and artillery, while being defenceless against the armor whores: THIS IS THE MAP FOR YOU, JUST LIKE KARKAND!

I don't understand why you people like Karkand so more...the open maps have better infantry combat, less vehicle whoring and more fun overall.
You are talking about how you dont like karkand when your most played map is karkand.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6768|London UK

its a good map.
Meltdown-56
+30|6483

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

You are talking about how you dont like karkand when your most played map is karkand.
lmao
FoShizzle
Howdah Lysozyme
+21|6623|Pittsburgh, PA

PBAsydney wrote:

Says you...there is nothing worse than travelling half way across one of those large maps only to be killed by some twat in a jet.  I'll take the street fight any day of the week.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6753|Argentina
It's a great map, despite the fact that US always wins.
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6768|London UK

Yeah ajlaajalajlajaljalajaljlajlajlabad is good.

I got 107 on my first round ever.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England

Meltdown-56 wrote:

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

lmao
Sometimes, due to the huge amounts of karkand servers. It just is nearly impossible.
A$$kicka
+6|6742|Blackburn, UK

PBAsydney wrote:

I don't understand why you people like Karkand
EH ?!?!

Your Fav map is KARKAND .. and your Special Forces Favourite is WARLORD.

What ARE you suggesting ?!
Sydney
2λчиэλ

A$$kicka wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

I don't understand why you people like Karkand
EH ?!?!

Your Fav map is KARKAND .. and your Special Forces Favourite is WARLORD.

What ARE you suggesting ?!
I'm not proud of it, but I used to play on Karkand a lot to get a lot of points.

But compared it to the rest of my map times.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
karkand is great in matches and on proper inf servers. also size tags don't work on bf2s.com, sydney.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6526|Boston, MA

The_Killer wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Ever think that it's really a beginner map? It's still listed as my favorite map but it's one of my least played maps now. My problem is that I played it a lot and then I went on to better maps. It's actually one of my least favorite maps, in my bottom three for maps. Problem is that every other server is running Karkand so it's hard to avoid it, nad I'm not going to leave the server just to look for a different map, I'll play whatever map comes up. Most played map is basically the same as the rank, they mean nothing.
{BMF}*Frank_The_Tank
U.S. > Iran
+497|6574|Florida

xINTERMISSIONx wrote:

ok...what you want...
"So What'chya what'chya want (What'chya want) What'chya what'chya what'chya want"{

Sorry, got carried away on a Beastie Boys track lol.

Im downloading the patch now....at work , Ill install it when I get home to see what its all about.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6587|Reisterstown, MD

Didn't take long for people to start crying.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6623|Warlord

PBAsydney wrote:

I think you need to play a map a fair few times to get a proper impression of it. Each map has its own little wrinkles that once you get to know make fighting on it easier/more fun. First time I played The Iron Gator I thought it was a awful but I've come to quite like the type of combat that can ensue once the MEC get a foothold.

You still may not like it much but pure crap? Nah.

The_Killer wrote:

True, but to be fair it's only 12.5% of his total time played.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6639
i got 150+ on my first and probably only round

shit map
Tunacommy
+56|6616|Massachusetts, USA

FoShizzle wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

Says you...there is nothing worse than travelling half way across one of those large maps only to be killed by some twat in a jet.  I'll take the street fight any day of the week.
agreed! - I hate spending a ton of time running to a flag on a huge map and getting bombed - at least in a city map you can sneak around and kill people and get back into it relatively quickly should you die....
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Tunacommy wrote:

FoShizzle wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

agreed! - I hate spending a ton of time running to a flag on a huge map and getting bombed - at least in a city map you can sneak around and kill people and get back into it relatively quickly should you die....
If you are getting killed by jets on foot then the jet pilots are hacking or you are running at a stupid place.

Jets can't see infantry on the ground from altitudes above like 100, it's the LOD system, they can't even see vehicles, only reason they hit them is because of the radar.

Artillery on the other hand is fucking annoying when you are fighting at a choke point, so are grenades that are spammed everywhere.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's just mine.
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6685|The Hague, Netherlands
For me Jalalabad (infantrie only) is way better than karkand .....
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

Karkand is the shittest map in the game, next to Kubra. The two terrible K's.

Jalalabad is actually pretty fun and enjoyable I found. I found no nade spamming or claywhoring when I played it - both when I was on foot and in armour across 4 rounds (2 of which the server crashed...).

Yes, its mainly Infantry, but where I was playing - US armour got annhilated at the front since there was a very strong AT team sat there taking it out every time since they have good spots to hide in. I should know, they got me a few times.

The only problems I have with the map, is that it is a complete reversal of Sharqi where the MEC always win. On Jala, it seems as if the US always win. And its because of the uncaps and how close the armour starts to the front. But thats only based on 4rounds so far and a lot of us are new to the map and gota learn it.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Snake wrote:

Karkand is the shittest map in the game, next to Kubra. The two terrible K's.

Jalalabad is actually pretty fun and enjoyable I found. I found no nade spamming or claywhoring when I played it - both when I was on foot and in armour across 4 rounds (2 of which the server crashed...).

Yes, its mainly Infantry, but where I was playing - US armour got annhilated at the front since there was a very strong AT team sat there taking it out every time since they have good spots to hide in. I should know, they got me a few times.

The only problems I have with the map, is that it is a complete reversal of Sharqi where the MEC always win. On Jala, it seems as if the US always win. And its because of the uncaps and how close the armour starts to the front. But thats only based on 4rounds so far and a lot of us are new to the map and gota learn it.
IMO Kubra is one of the best maps, hardcore infantry fighting, great fun flying through all possible spots on the dam, lots of armor etc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard