destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6644|Canada
once again, USA[teamkills]Canada
isnt the american army supposed to b the best? the most informed? best equipped?

ffs!!

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2006-09-05 12:30:38)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6644|Canada
a canadian soldier. Pte. Mark Graham was killed by an american A-10 in afganistan. the A-10 strafed the canadians position with the minigun fire. wounded many othe canadians.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6671

destruktion_6143 wrote:

isnt the american army supposed to b the best? the most informed? best equipped?
Depends who you ask.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6691|Canada Eh?
This isn't the first time a US aircraft attacks Canadian soldiers. I'd look it up, but I'm lazy, it has something to do with a pilot not following orders and dropping a bomb in "self-defense" against the wrong people
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6478|UK
Bloody A-10 strafed a challenger 2 tank it the gulf war I think, don't understand how he could not tell the obvious difference between a bloody old ass T-90 or whatever with a challenger. Don't they get training in identifying friendly vehicles?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6644|Canada

Vampira_NB wrote:

This isn't the first time a US aircraft attacks Canadian soldiers. I'd look it up, but I'm lazy, it has something to do with a pilot not following orders and dropping a bomb in "self-defense" against the wrong people
it happened a while ago in afganistan. 4 canadians were killed in that one.
SFCCDailey
Banned
+106|6733|USA

King_County_Downy wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

once again, USA[teamkills]Canada

ffs!!
LMAO!!! Woot!!! Go Team Merica!!! That's just payback for all those damn geese you let come down here and poop in our pools

Edit: sry, that's kinda insensitive. Nothing personal towards him or his family
As a US Army Gulf War Vet. I can tell you that friendly fire is a fact of war that will never be overcome. No matter how great the technology or how smart the weapon, it all comes down to the person on the other end controlling that weapon. My thoughts go out to the friends and family of this soldier. It's always a shame when things like this happen.
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6667
man, that sucks. the minigun on the A10 is BADASS you should see one of those fire, sheesh
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6710
lol sry guys up north.

Canadian that was just tked: Admin turn FF off ffs!
American Admin: stfu noob
Canadian that was just tked: screw u fag
American Admin [Teamkills] Canadian that was just tked
*Canadian that was just tked has been BANNED!!!*
'cept irl

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-09-05 12:49:39)

cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6713|NJ
Well that's the problem with A-10s, they don't have all the advanced tracking and guidance systems that f-15 and other jets use. So they are usually involved in most the friendly fireing incidents.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6667

Anyone seen Jarhead? Same happens, with the A-10's strafing them. I have no idea if that reflects reality, but just thought I'd bring it up.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6771
Graham was a great athlete.
He was in the finals for the 400m at the Canadian Track Championships a couple times, and I remember him on the 1992 Canadian Olympic team, he was on the 4x400 relay squad.

He's a patriot and a hero.  There were also THIRTY other Canadian soldiers injured in the incident.  Each and every one of them could kick the crap out of a most of us without even breaking a sweat.

Last edited by Rick_O_Shea678 (2006-09-05 14:42:58)

Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6641|Camp XRay

wah1188 wrote:

Bloody A-10 strafed a challenger 2 tank it the gulf war I think, don't understand how he could not tell the obvious difference between a bloody old ass T-90 or whatever with a challenger. Don't they get training in identifying friendly vehicles?
hmmm you try flying that fast and identifying targets from that altitude. i am not defending anyone, but don't just write someone off before considering all the facts.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.

Rick_O_Shea678 wrote:

Graham was a great athlete.
He was in the finals for the 400m at the Canadian Track Championships a couple times, and I remember him on the 1992 Canadian Olympic team, he was on the 4x400 relay squad.

He's a patriot and a hero.  There were also THIRTY other Canadian soldiers injured in the incident.  Each and every one of them could kick the crap out of a twerp like King_County_Downy without even breaking a sweat.
I just thought of a really good reply to that.

But it's not me,was to insensitive.
cpt.fass1
+329|6713|NJ
Well usually they have reflectors that targets where friendlies are, but the A10 is not equipt with that technolligy because it's an older plane that they discontinued. So that's why you only see FF accident with that plane. It sucks but they don't produce the A10 any more so they're not going to upgrade the original one..
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6691|Canada Eh?

Superior Mind wrote:

lol sry guys up north.

Canadian that was just tked: Admin turn FF off ffs!
American Admin: stfu noob
Canadian that was just tked: screw u fag
American Admin [Teamkills] Canadian that was just tked
*Canadian that was just tked has been BANNED!!!*
'cept irl
Sorry or not, thats an idiotic insensitive piece of shit. Fuck off.

Thank you, That is all.
taxi2you
+22|6662|Missouri
From my understanding of how the a-10's work....the pilot had to be directed to a coordinate and when to fire on it.  They just don't fly around shooting anything that moves.
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6771
The subject is: Index » Debate and Serious Talk » Pte. Mark Graham R.I.P

Jokes are not really welcome.  We'd like to discuss a few serious things here.

Last edited by Rick_O_Shea678 (2006-09-05 14:43:53)

cpt.fass1
+329|6713|NJ

taxi2you wrote:

From my understanding of how the a-10's work....the pilot had to be directed to a coordinate and when to fire on it.  They just don't fly around shooting anything that moves.
Yeah but miss comunication and seeing a large force crossing a dessert is probably where the mistake came from..

That's why it's very important for commanders to communicate. Either group could have gotten miss direction, read a map wrong, been of a few clicks. Ext.
jord
+2,382|6696|The North, beyond the wall.
So what happened to the pilot?
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6771

Vampira_NB wrote:

This situation appears different.  That was in 2002, an F-16 flying over a practice zone.  They saw flashes below, overreacted, and dropped bombs, killing four Canadian soldiers who were on an exercise.  Those pilots were definately at fault.

This weekend's A-10 tragedy came as part of an overall ground operation.  The Canadian troops were moving against insurgents, and the A-10 was acting in support.  We don't know yet whether it was communications or pilot error.  Considering the nature of the engagement, and the A-10 Warthogs machine guns, it's possible the pilots/crew might not be found in error?

Whichever way it turns out, there will be serious investigation, and this is really stirring things up in Ottawa.  Just as Parliament is coming off summer recess as well!  The ripple effect of this is likely to be more political than military.
PRiMACORD
+190|6643|Home of the Escalade Herds

Marlboroman82 wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

hmmm you try flying that fast and identifying targets from that altitude. i am not defending anyone, but don't just write someone off before considering all the facts.
I've heard about that specific case. The A-10 was patrolling his 'Kill Box', basically an area in which he kills anything that moves. Friendlies are obviously informed but in this case the Challenger 2 drifted into the A-10s Kill Box.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6579

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Except that it's his job to do that.
UON
Junglist Massive
+223|6671

Bubbalo wrote:

Marlboroman82 wrote:

Except that it's his job to do that.
Also pumping up pilots with amphetamine is bound to affect judgement...  blame the system in that respect.  I'm not sure if it's still as common practice as it was, but still.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard