sneakers-n-ointment
+8|6455|chicago
I click the icon, it starts up the game, but it just flickers shades of black and then closes to desktop. I made sure the .exe was named correctly, because I did rename it with 1.3. I also deleted all of the intro videos with 1.3. That was all I did to optimize the game, though. Any ideas?
GM_Sniper
One Shot Kill!
+4|6607
Try each one of this solutions if the previous one does not work.

1. Re-patch. -Launch the game.
2. Delete the cache folder contents (My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache). - Launch the game.
3. Delete the "BattleField 2" folder in your "My Documents" folde and start the game, the folder will rebuild itself after you launch the game.
4. Re-install and patch the game AND do NOT delete the movies, instead add the "+restart" command to the lauch shortcut.

Later.-
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6499
This happened to me, then it worked.
MaKaToM
+6|6510
i get 'patching failed'

RasorX
+17|6739|Indianapolis

Harmonics wrote:

This happened to me, then it worked.
What did you do? I'm having the same problem.
sneakers-n-ointment
+8|6455|chicago
I just patched it with the 1.4 full. Worked out fine. The game feels like it's running smoother now, I wasn't getting all the 'sticking' I was before, where it would lock up for a tenth of a second every 5 or so seconds.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6529|Cardiff
i get the same probs as sneakers-n-ointment.  and frankly i was really hoping i could play bf2 for a bit without the ctd.  this version is better bcoz it wont even load.  saves me the bother with having to load the game 4 times in a row to play it i guess.
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6529|Cardiff

sneakers-n-ointment wrote:

I just patched it with the 1.4 full. Worked out fine. The game feels like it's running smoother now, I wasn't getting all the 'sticking' I was before, where it would lock up for a tenth of a second every 5 or so seconds.
did u re-download the full patch?
RasorX
+17|6739|Indianapolis
Update on my situation:  After trying the list of 4 things, and none of them working i did a FULL REINSTALL OF EVERYTHING BF Vanilla-->BF:SF-->1.4 patch full.  I load up the game and it worked fine, so i go to log into my account, and it just stuck.  Sweet Patch.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6712
are you using zone alarm firewall?  or other firewall...  make sure its allowing your comp to connect to the internet...   If your using Zone alarm... right click on the icon and choose game mode...   CB
Love is the answer
DeadJim
+19|6744|Valencia, California
dammit.....

On the road to a full reinstall.   For the record, I have a very basic install - no modified localization files, no hacks (please...) or other mods - and it did the same to me... installed the 1.4 full patch, fired up BF2 - and after a graphics mode switch - I ended up back at the desktop.

Reapplied the patch - killed the directories mentioned above - no luck.

Could it be video? (NVidia GForce 7800 GS)  Software version 9.1.3.1
Could it be Audo? Creative Labs SB X-Fi ? Driver version 5.12.18.1181

Dunno - but I figured I would post anyway as the game re-installs - maybe something common will arise to shed light for others out there running into the same annoying issue.

DeadJim
Tetn1s
+59|6638|Los Angeles
your having problems too jim? so have i. I reinstalled game and put patch 1.4 full but it still crashes me
souljar
+8|6480|Liverpool U.K
Thats  the best thing that could of happened my friend, you don't wanna start it after you installed 1.4 it,s super shit !
DeadJim
the full install, followed by the 1.4 full update did the trick.

So far, no complaints - I'm not even wining about the update - the additional pause when you come up from prone did mess with me once or twice - but its just something you have to get used to.

I never prone spammed, or did the dolphin thing - I haven't thrown C4 since 1.2 - so for the most part, I have no complaints...  From a strictly ground-pounding perspective, it seems fine.

I did notice that jalabad seemed quite smooth even with my video settings cranked up - I'm _almost_ wanting to say they tweaked their rendering engine a bit - or at least optimized the map.

So, you would have to put me on the '1.4 isn't shit' side of the line.

Complainers may think I'm just drinking the koolaid - but hell, I'm a lot happier than they are

Woot!
Tetn1s
+59|6638|Los Angeles
Im still in need of help, i have reinstalled, and dled full patch. and im still havin problems.

Im offering karma for 3 days straight if someone fixes my problem.

Last edited by Ned_Z (2006-09-05 21:52:33)

spray_and_pray
+52|6487|Perth. Western Australia
God im going to kill EA a bunch of crackheads who cant to anything god damned correctly. Now tell me why i should waste 2 hours of my fucking time un installing and re installing everything god damnit.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6542|Doncaster, UK

DeadJim wrote:

Could it be video? (NVidia GForce 7800 GS)  Software version 9.1.3.1
There is a new version of the forceware drivers available at www.nvidia.com , version 91.47

And as already mentioned, check your firewall as each patch is affectively a new program and needs to be authorised to access the net.

Doc
DeadJim

spray_and_pray wrote:

God im going to kill EA a bunch of crackheads who cant to anything god damned correctly. Now tell me why i should waste 2 hours of my fucking time un installing and re installing everything god damnit.
heres one reason - crash or not:

Without going into the fundamentals of harddrive management, theres this neat little aspect of fragmented files - those people who were fortunate enough to install the 1.4 patch using the incremental (or even the full patch) are most likely going to have fragmented files - drives store new files physically on the media from first available space, use as much as they can, then skip over to find the next 'hole'.

This means more drive work to load large files which in most cases will mean slower load times - I'm not talking minutes, but a few seconds here and there.

Anyone whose hit 'Join' and found some yahoo deep in their backyard capping their main because they loaded their map 5 seconds before you did will attest - it's annoying.

So why waste 2 hours? (if it truly takes you 2 hours to simply install the game, you need to dump the 286 and join the 21st century) - because seconds count.  As a matter of fact, I recommend you invest 4 hours... uninstall the game, defragment your drive - optimize for free space - then re-install.

DeadJim

Last edited by DeadJim (2006-09-06 22:48:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard