daves-box
+15|6660
Im stuck at work so I wont know how bad they nuked the prone/crouch (i.e. bunny hopping) etc...   How is it guys?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6644|Washington, DC

It's retarded. It's more like Paraplegicfield 2, although paraplegics can move faster than BF2 soldiers now.

Bunny hoppers and dolphin divers in 1.3 really weren't that hard to deal with. Prone spammers were but they were killable.

the way they made it is just stupid.

BF2 1.12: high paced combat

BF2 1.2/1.3: decent speed combat

BF2 1.4: just plain stupid

They should've done it like 2142. If they're going to try and be relaistic though, they should do it right. America's Army and Counter-Strike play well. Making the strafe speed faster wouldn't have hurt, for instance.
Wojo97civic
+5|6464
Yea they havent changed it i still got killed while a guy was in the process of going from prone to standing up
Zodiaccup
+42|6559

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

America's Army and Counter-Strike play well. Making the strafe speed faster wouldn't have hurt, for instance.
QFE
Tunacommy
+56|6633|Massachusetts, USA
why are they fixing shit that does not need to be fixed?  Connection and CTD problems are the main thing wrong with 1.3....I think everyone would agree.....so they change the one thing that no one complains about!!!!  I hate re-learning how to kill people....I would much rather dive and hit them in the head with a burst!
13rin
+977|6492
When you go to prone the only way I can describe it as "cushy" or slower.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6544
Well this will get rid of all the prone spammers. VOLX is going to cry.
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6665|The Netherlands
I THINK IT SUCK!! EA IS RUINING THERE OWN GAME BECAUSE JUST BEGINNING NOOBS WANT TO PLAY ON A GAME THAT LOOKS LIKE REAL LIFE ... Now you cant do shit if someone is shooting you ... you will die if you stay down and you will die if you stand up cause you can shoot for a second ... stupid ... the movement of bf2 is going to look like on cs ... shitty and for wankers
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6559
It's not that bad. I think when you get used to it you'll hardly die because of it.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6710|Germany

Ducksteina wrote:

It's not that bad. I think when you get used to it you'll hardly die because of it.
Yeah,it's a bit like learning things new,now the sniper scope starts shaking when you go from prone to crouch.
Won't take long to get used to,but this will definitely have an impact on sniper duels.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6506
It totally sucks, and really badly affects everyone, not only dolphin divers, but EVERYONE.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6513|so randum
tbh, i havnt noticed much of a change, i still ppl when proning
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6578|Area 51

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Ducksteina wrote:

Yeah,it's a bit like learning things new,now the sniper scope starts shaking when you go from prone to crouch.
Won't take long to get used to,but this will definitely have an impact on sniper duels.
The shakin thing on the scope was added in 1.3.
l41e
+677|6661

I've always found it funny that after every patch, the people going "yeah, i do [thing], adapt to it nub" are going "OMG I CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT [said thing] WTF I QUIT" (instead of adapting. which they happened to be telling other people to do).

Oh wait...I think I get it. Everyone else has to adapt, but you don't have to for some reason. Right?

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6710|Germany

RDMC(2) wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Ducksteina wrote:

The shakin thing on the scope was added in 1.3.
Yeah,I know.
But back then you only got a shaking scope when going from prone to standing,now you get it even when going from prone to crouch.
Tunacommy
+56|6633|Massachusetts, USA

k30dxedle wrote:

I've always found it funny that after every patch, the people going "yeah, i do [thing], adapt to it nub" are going "OMG I CANT SURVIVE WITHOUT [said thing] WTF I QUIT" (instead of adapting. which they happened to be telling other people to do).

Oh wait...I think I get it. Everyone else has to adapt, but you don't have to for some reason. Right?

good point - everyone is in the same boat here.....
Wicked_Wumpus
+7|6503|Ann Arbor, MI
Adapt or be killed.  This is survival of the fittest.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6562|UK

Its a bastard
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6574
I dont really care...ill be a great player watever happens....
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6506

Wicked_Wumpus wrote:

Adapt or be killed.  This is survival of the fittest.
Or be like you and whine like a bitch till they nerf it.
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6655|can
Can you still Dolphin dive?

Last edited by TrashBlinD (2006-09-05 14:02:47)

willthekiller
+1|6457
thanks EA to destroye this game        ONLY FOR  NOOB IN THE PUB !!!!!!!!!
willthekiller
+1|6457
without bunny hop you cannot beat a hacker its impossible so we are suppose to hack now ?!?!?!?

Last edited by willthekiller (2006-09-05 14:09:29)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6655|can
So true.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6579|England

I havent noticed any difference tbh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard