Delphy
+45|6595|Bristol, UK
Patch sucks. Jalalalalalalalalalalalalalalabad is meh, IO is retarded, ctds and server crashes still there. Lame.

Last edited by Delphy (2006-09-06 05:50:24)

SGT.Slayero
+98|6475|Life in a vacuum sucks
oh no!!!!!!!!! a problem already! i was on the new map jalalabad the mines only half damage GRRRRRR!!
dead_rac00n
+12|6493|DTC
I have nothing against the gameplay, even though it has been deeply modified since the release of the game. I won't miss bunny hoppers and dolphin divers, because I guess I'm too much a n00b to deal with them properly.
The main concern I have about this patch is that the bugs that mattered haven't been fixed yet !
I've had the "private" bug twice today ! The first time, I had no unlocks and no rank, so I disconnected and rejoined. I was still a private, but with my unlocks back !
Plus, I'm quite disturbed with the new bug : sometimes, enemies can't be marked for others when you're commander.
So I wouldn't say that the patch sucks, but it clearly fails on the points that mattered to every player. I still like the game, but I think that EA has tried to forcefeed us with sh*t giving us the 1.3 just to make us think that 1.4 is acceptable.
I don't know if that's clear... I just had to spit it out.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6511|Valley of the Dragons
CTD Lives

Server Crash Lives

What was this patch supposed to fix?

Its a definite NO on buying BF2142. Same engine, so same problems.
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6665|Teesside, UK
dunno if this is a repeatable problem but was at tv station on sharqi and managed to kill a squad capping the flag  but needed to resupply.  noticed one of the kits on the ground was support so picked it up and......crash to desktop.  Would be a unique way of solving the red tag bug i guess.  anyone else had this happen?  Can't be bothered reading through page after page to find out.
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6641|USA

Teflon.DEP wrote:

I'm just thankful I have a game to play. See I see the bigger picture unlike many. Hell i'm fortunate that I had the money to buy a gameing rig period. So im happy with the games I have. Through thick and thin i'm just glad my system can even play them. I'm not terribly rich and my system is decent, so just being able to play Bf2 period makes me happy.
i compeltely agree.. i love playing this game even though my machine aint the greatest, but its the only pc game ive played since i got it last september!
kardinalios
+7|6702|Greece
Play in Kubra Dam as a pilot in USMC.(I dont remember which of the 2 planes have a seat for co-pilot.I think F-18...)
I had a co-pilot...
The 2 times they shot us down,i got a teamkill to my co-pilot...

How this could happen?????

Last edited by kardinalios (2006-09-06 12:12:52)

0akleaves
+183|6624|Newcastle UK
if the co-pilot bails your exploding plane counts as a tk
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
ToXiC888
Cal players > BF2s
+40|6595|Columbus,Ohio-THE Ohio State U
lol found a new fucking problem that EA introduced.  NOW WE CAN CRASH AT THE ROUND END SCREEN.  lol who wants to crash at the beginning when you can do it at the end of a round and lose your medal for that round?  fuck EA.  Also J-10's guns are nerfed, just found that out.  Damn EA needs to burn in hell.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6786|WC
IT sucks!

Last edited by ToiletTrooper (2006-09-06 13:01:43)

Solarity
+0|6595|Gleneagles, Scotland
I really had no problems at all... Used the incramental patch, got it from fileplanet, downloaded it at 850k/sec took about 3 - 4 minutes, patched the game no problems, took only a minute to patch.  Switched to game mode on XFI fired it up, loaded no problems, found a server and jumped in.  Waited 2 mins for shaders to do their thing, then into Jahalaba or what ever its called Found it to be a bit laggy, either that or the server had shite reg, dont know, anyway, played on it for a few hours, no problems, got a decent score of 90 as Special Forces and AT   Played a few other maps, all good, no crashes, perfectly stable, game play seems to have improved over all   If you having problems with your patch,its probably someting you have done or doing wrong or your computer needs a clean up before you do it.  I've never had troubles with the incramental patches, must be something you lot are doing wrong hehe

Frase
Captain_Slapaho1974
+1|6558|Florida
All you tools that are complaining about 1.4, get a clue. How about reload your piece of crap machine, do a fresh install of BF2, defrag your machine, check your hardware, upgrade your machine, do something other than blame your problems on this patch. Me and several other friends and co-workers downloaded and installed 1.4 yesterday and played all night on multiple severs without any of the issues named in these posts, no performance issues, no so called slowing of crouching/proning. I have not been a fan of the support of BF2 by EA/Dice until this patch. And The Road to Jalalabad kicks ass, multiple ways to attack, defend capture points, better use as far a s the way the map is set up to better utilize the different types of soldiers(ex.SF....Medic.....Sniper.....etc.....whatever). In my opinion this patch has done more good for the game that any previous patches and has added the best map JALALABAD !!!!!!
hymerman
+0|6453
I haven't been arsed to read all the replies before the last one, I'm quite sure they all say that the game is still broken though so I probably needn't worry.

I've played 3 games with the 1.4 patch. 2 of them were ended with server crashes. To me, this says that EA/DICE are rubbish. The new map is great, but what's the point if most of the time you're sat looking at a loading screen? Everything's still terribly laggy and jerky in certain situations (more so than before, actually). And to the guy before me, it's nothing to do with defragging or checking hardware, I have an excellently maintained system, BF2 is the only program that seems to have any problems, and they're quite pronounced if you ask me. There must be an awful lot of crap going on behind the scenes, modern software engineering shouldn't produce anything this bad.
OGdR_MadMax
+9|6503|Berlin, Germany
i tried search but didnt find anything... i found another bug: it wasnt possible for us to take the lake flag:

https://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5950/screen126cz5.th.jpg

Last edited by OGdR_MadMax (2006-09-06 16:28:09)

Mr.Maverick.MDK
+5|6767

Captain_Slapaho1974 wrote:

All you tools that are complaining about 1.4, get a clue. How about reload your piece of crap machine, do a fresh install of BF2, defrag your machine, check your hardware, upgrade your machine, do something other than blame your problems on this patch. Me and several other friends and co-workers downloaded and installed 1.4 yesterday and played all night on multiple severs without any of the issues named in these posts, no performance issues, no so called slowing of crouching/proning. I have not been a fan of the support of BF2 by EA/Dice until this patch. And The Road to Jalalabad kicks ass, multiple ways to attack, defend capture points, better use as far a s the way the map is set up to better utilize the different types of soldiers(ex.SF....Medic.....Sniper.....etc.....whatever). In my opinion this patch has done more good for the game that any previous patches and has added the best map JALALABAD !!!!!!
Actually i dont complain at all about the game.  I know my system is good simply because every other PC game out right now runs perfectly including Oblivion which demands a hell of a lot more than BF2 at High video settings.  In fact BF2 ran just fine for a long time for me up until a few months ago.  Then i started noticing the connection problems.  Nothing had changed on my system and this is pre-patch 1.4 and way after 1.3 was installed.  I actually had no complaints after 1.3 was installed it ran just fine.  All i can say is that supposedly this new patch was supposed to fix the connection problems and after i installed the FULL patch and ran a defrag and shut down every possible application and resource running in the background i still got the connection problem on three different servers last night.  Something is still wrong in my opinion and i doubt EA cares too much anymore about BF2 since 2142 is right around the corner.
arch29
+1|6454

OGdR_MadMax wrote:

i tried search but didnt find anything... i found another bug: it wasnt possible for us to take the lake flag:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5950 … cz5.th.jpg
I was able to take the lake, there was some other guy hiding somewhere keeping me from neutralizing the flag that was your problem i believe.
Greenspan
Fed. Chairman (Ret.)
+12|6497
Complaints so far:

Crashed 2 times in 2 hrs, still waiting how it works over long term.
RJ+IO sucks balls, and was terribly thought out. I'm curious to see how IO works on other maps, how is IO+Wake going to work?
rainynight65
+3|6454|KLD - ZA

sniper09735 wrote:

Ok so i go to download another fucked up EA patch and guiess what i have to wait 15 minutes to downloa this piece of shit and then i go to download it and an error has occured wow who ever is incharge of this piece of shit company best kill themselves before i save them the trouble of doing so.
15 MINUTES?????????

Oh my god, I think I must commit ritual suicide. Full patch took 5 hours for me to download...

You people have no idea how well off you are with your >2mbit connections...
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6484|6 6 4 oh, I forget

rainynight65 wrote:

sniper09735 wrote:

Ok so i go to download another fucked up EA patch and guiess what i have to wait 15 minutes to downloa this piece of shit and then i go to download it and an error has occured wow who ever is incharge of this piece of shit company best kill themselves before i save them the trouble of doing so.
15 MINUTES?????????

Oh my god, I think I must commit ritual suicide. Full patch took 5 hours for me to download...

You people have no idea how well off you are with your >2mbit connections...
5h ?!?! Dude what the hell do you use, GPRS??
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6613
People... I posted a thing that --> could <-- move you from "complain" to "praise":

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43290

Give it a try please!
rainynight65
+3|6454|KLD - ZA

Ultrafunkula wrote:

5h ?!?! Dude what the hell do you use, GPRS??
I am not going to go into details about the ADSL situation here in South Africa. Let me just say that I have a 384/128 and already pay more than most of you people...
DoobieUB
+0|6710|Behind my keyboard
Still dropping to the desktop and BF2 shutting down
Still getting connection errors although not as often
When playing Infantry only servers and jumping off roofs the parachute seldom opens!
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6705|The Ville
I still don't have a prob with this patch yet, but I did notice it is easy to get away with reviving over 25 people in road to jalalabad. the funniest thing happend to me was I got revived and threw a grenade and like 10 people on my team got hit by it 5 died I had like -30 points and I still wound up with +20 lol surprised I wasn't banned for that.
SwampDog
+12|6481|Luton, England
i`ve had some nice problems already.
Firstly, i was driving my shiny new tank through the picturesque town of jalalabad when i hit a wall... and blew up! My tank was full health and the wall took me out!
Secondly, i was on karkand when the server kept swapping me to the other team every time i died, after the 5th time battlefield just shut down!
And finally and most importantly they haven`t fixed the bug where people are able to actually kill me! i think this is a disgrace! I should be indestructible, just like the tank killing walls of jalalabad. Or is it jalalalabad? Jalalalalabad maybe?

But other than that it`s been running fine, the new map kicks arse and i think all told it`s an improvement on 1.3.

Last edited by SwampDog (2006-09-07 07:23:14)

dead_rac00n
+12|6493|DTC
Ok, forget all I said about the patch : 2 CTD today. BF2142, that will be without me.
I'll keep on playing until ETQW is out, and I'll try to convince my clanmates to not go to BF2142. I'll do all I can to convince them, and trust me : convinced they'll be !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard