OCKilroy
+0|6496
Has anyone had problems with game crashing and kicking back to desktop?  1.3 had a lot of dissconnects back to multiplayer screen, but 1.3 did not crash leaving me back at my desktop. Does anyone know of any changes I need to do to my cmos, windows or audio and video cards settings?

[img]http://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/1157788051/65916445.png[/img]
{A.K.A}LordBeefman
+32|6610|Sydney, Australia
i have been crashin  back to desk more now than ever before
OCKilroy
+0|6496
Do you know of any tweaks to audio or video settings or network processes?
What about Punkbuster check time?   Does it need to be increases from 30sec to 500sec
[*TROOPER*]Cerburus
+0|6465|Coventry England
I have just installed the 1.4 patch and now, when I double click to start the game the BF2 logo screen comes up and dissapears and that's it.

NO GAME. The bloody thing won't even start now.

Does anyone else have this problem and more to the fact does anyone know how to correct it.

This was a complete fresh install on to a clean windows XP build.

The game ran fine until I installed the patch

All I want to do is Frag

Can anyone help.

Cerb

Last edited by [*TROOPER*]Cerburus (2006-09-09 01:52:50)

ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6611

OCKilroy wrote:

Has anyone had problems with game crashing and kicking back to desktop?  1.3 had a lot of dissconnects back to multiplayer screen, but 1.3 did not crash leaving me back at my desktop. Does anyone know of any changes I need to do to my cmos, windows or audio and video cards settings?

http://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/1157788051/65916445.png
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43290
OCKilroy
+0|6496
The Punisher_ITA_:

Thanks for the tips I will try the downloads you suggested.
L8R
OCKilroy

[img]http://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/1157794951/65916445.png[/img]

and
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6611

OCKilroy wrote:

The Punisher_ITA_:

Thanks for the tips I will try the downloads you suggested.
L8R
OCKilroy

http://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/1157794951/65916445.png

and
NP! Let me know! (in my thread if possible)
FirePhoenix
+18|6648|hamilton, scotland
c4 bug is still f*ckin here!!!! dam dice and ea to hell.
^AgentHawk
Clear! You're good to go!
+17|6495|"Near Det.", MI
I've been playing all day and nothing seems wrong with the patch...just shut up.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6501

^AgentHawk wrote:

I've been playing all day and nothing seems wrong with the patch...just shut up.
This is the complain section, so you stfu.
$kuLLz.bh
+8|6453|Kingdom of Bahrain
Patch 1.4 is a little bit better, though it has some annoying shit

UPS:
- No More Server Crashes (atleast for me)
- No Viehcle Option (now we'll see who's the pro)
- Reduced Cartillary

Downs:
- Lots of "Connection Problem" happening
- Some times the Parachute wont open (WTF?!?)
- Some times when you wanna fire, it just wont respond till you're dead, I mean wtf EA/DICE ?!!?

anyone sharing these DOWNS ??
uk-anubis-uk
+21|6531
I get mid game CTDs now really pissin me off
Jalalalallabad isnt as good as i thought
the AK-101 seems to have become unreal!!
shice
+9|6524|every1 h8's Germany
I didnt play for 2 months now. Today my brother told me to check out the new patch, wooohooo i thought.
Downloaded it, installed it, Install successful "WOOOOW" successful!!!!! SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

O RLY???.....              NO RLY!!!

Clicked @ bf2 icon, battlefield2 screen comes up, black loading screen, then nothing and back to desktop.

WOOHOO THX EA for another great working patch! FUCK all you incompetent programmers!

I will never ever waste any bucks for a fucking EA game (maybe some new game for PS3 sometime) but never ever a game for the PEECEEE!!!! *Shreds BF2 CD*
SoC./Omega
+122|6550|Omaha, Nebraska!
1.4 makes me lag alot. Everytime I play Jalalabad if I move then I get a huge ping spike.
Hurlin
+5|6784|Australia

$kuLLz.bh wrote:

Patch 1.4 is a little bit better, though it has some annoying shit

UPS:
- No More Server Crashes (atleast for me)
- No Viehcle Option (now we'll see who's the pro)
- Reduced Cartillary

Downs:
- Lots of "Connection Problem" happening
- Some times the Parachute wont open (WTF?!?)
- Some times when you wanna fire, it just wont respond till you're dead, I mean wtf EA/DICE ?!!?

anyone sharing these DOWNS ??
Thought the non fireing thing was just my shitty processor ...

got my first CTD last night following a server crash ..... at least its not CTD 9 times out of 10 .......
FirePhoenix
+18|6648|hamilton, scotland
THEY F*CKED UP MY PING. more than 60 in all servers
GATOR591957
+84|6636

{A.K.A}LordBeefman wrote:

i have been crashin  back to desk more now than ever before
QFE
*e6/TheChronic
+21|6490
i just got like my 3rd CTD  today and it still sucks....

Last edited by *e6/TheChronic (2006-09-11 18:27:37)

l41e
+677|6657

I think 1.4 is really just a matter of luck. A bunch of people here have had a crapload of serious problems. Some, like me, haven't had any.

And I don't know why.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6741|Germany, near Koblenz
Just one more connection problem after 1.4, but CTD at least once a day.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6611
People... all you with CTDs... give this guide a try:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=43290

Last edited by ThePunisher_ITA_ (2006-09-12 00:51:15)

ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6728|Las Vegas

k30dxedle wrote:

I think 1.4 is really just a matter of luck. A bunch of people here have had a crapload of serious problems. Some, like me, haven't had any.

And I don't know why.
It's because people in general are too quick to dismiss hardware issues and simply blame the software.  With so many possible hardware configs possible, there is no way for developers (or hardware providers for that matter) to isolate every possible problem. 

How many people do you suppose have come here pissed off and bitching up a storm about crashes when in reality they have a shitty PSU which is causing problems?  How about those who have GPU driver issues which are causing crashes?  What about faulty RAM? (faulty RAM often performs just fine until certain conditions are present).  How about all of the possible problems which can occur due to corrupt files within windows itself? 

I could go on and on.....there are thousands of possible combinations which can occur given all of the variables present once we mix and match hardware and software options....the bottom line is that there are easily as many hardware explanations for problems as there are coding explanations.

BEFORE MOVING ON READ THIS PART TWICE: 
That being said, I would agree that DICE have done a piss poor job coding this game.....but to blame every single crash/hang/whatever on DICE is just ridiculous.  EVERY game out there is subject to these problems. 

I think we would be much better off to look at hardware issues when these problems arise than to simply head to the forums to start yet another 'DICE SUCKS" thread.

When was the last time you saw a thread about "I'm having crashes.....My specs are.....anybody else with the same hardware having these issues?" type of thread?  Nah, that takes both effort and intelligence to work through......seems to be a major shortage of both around here. 

Pick a game.  Any game.  Google it up next to the word "problem".  I think you'll see that BF2 is not alone in that department....buncha fucking whiners....
Sandriatinhi
+15|6656|Apeldoorn, Holland
I had some CTD's though. But no more server crashes!
fearsjohn
+0|6446
i have a 3800 x2 skt 939 overclocked to 2.4 gigs,  asus a8n sli premium motherboard, 2 gigs of corsair xms ddr 500 ram,   500 watt psu for the comp 250 watt  separate psu for my 2 7800 gtx 512mb video cards.  i can play fear for hours and hours and hours with no problems and that game is way more demanding with everything on max.
i forgot a brand new install of windows xp and up to date drivers.
installed bf2 played with patch 1.4 had nothing but problems. it is not my system therefor it must be bf2!!!
if you want to know more about my system email me  i am curios to see if you have any answers for my problems.

Last edited by fearsjohn (2006-09-12 17:25:40)

schakl
+21|6698
Lol, it changed from server crashes to CTD. Don't know whats better. Now 2142 is definitely no choice for me.
Maybe they shifted the worng lines from the server to the client code

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard