KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States

SgtMurphy wrote:

wow, all this time and thats all theyve fixed ?

you know youre dealing with a BAD company when their patches a year after release are 100MB+

wow... if it wasnt so sad, Id be speechless but damn, this game has been a disaster from day one.

I will never buy another EA product.. EVER.

I was asked to do a review on this game a year ago for a major online publisher.  After 10 minutes
of crashes, unlocks not working, restart after restart, I gave up and passed the review on to a collegue.
I am happy I did so. This is truly pathetic service.   EA doesnt give a rats behind about this game, never
has.  But then, it is EA, and they're known for that.
thats funny,as the game works perfect for me,and even better with this latest patch.the only time I had probs w/the game was when I had corrupted ram,since it was removed I no longer have probs.the game is more stable now,and the new map rocks.thnx to bf2s.com for the jam up d/l speed.IMO  the reason your having such a rough time is you pc's probably a dell or hp.if you dont have the rig to run it,dont play it.also do you really think ea cares if you dont buy nemore of their products,really?
Harmonics
A stabbing fatality
+22|6473

KillerYaNk wrote:

SgtMurphy wrote:

you know youre dealing with a BAD company when their patches a year after release are 100MB+

wow... if it wasnt so sad, Id be speechless but damn, this game has been a disaster from day one.

I was asked to do a review on this game a year ago for a major online publisher.  After 10 minutes
of crashes, unlocks not working, restart after restart, I gave up and passed the review on to a collegue.
I am happy I did so. This is truly pathetic service.   EA doesnt give a rats behind about this game, never
thats funny,as the game works perfect for me,and even better with this latest patch.the only time I had probs w/the game was when I had corrupted ram,since it was removed I no longer have probs.the game is more stable now,and the new map rocks.thnx to bf2s.com for the jam up d/l speed.IMO  the reason your having such a rough time is you pc's probably a dell or hp.if you dont have the rig to run it,dont play it.also do you really think ea cares if you dont buy nemore of their products,really?
EA will  care when the fan base of BF2 drastically disperses and BF2142 sells like shit because so many people arent going to bother with it after the problems with this game.
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6512|Doncaster UK

Harmonics wrote:

KillerYaNk wrote:

SgtMurphy wrote:

EA will  care when the fan base of BF2 drastically disperses and BF2142 sells like shit because so many people arent going to bother with it after the problems with this game.
ea wont give a shit they will just see how well the next ea sports game did on the new consoles and think hell we made up the difference
skratch-x
+25|6607|NY, USA

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Dosn't this remind you of anything?

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4989 … 000tr1.png
Yeah, that sign on the left looks amazingly like a cock but that's nothing new.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

SgtMurphy wrote:

+100 MB means new content. That is good news for a year old product.
Under 10meg would be just bug fixes.

Not that I like EA's patching. Theyre screwing the game up each patch.
Prone delay? Oh please, just prevent moving completely so I don't have to read those on every fcking patch note!

BF2 started going downhill after teh first "Bunny hopping removed" patch...
DaJJ
+13|6607|1500 Gold Medaller's land
how do i know if i have installed beta? or the real one? cause i installed it from www.battlefield2.ea.com and now all servers have ping of 400 :S
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6655|Espoo, Finland

DaJJ wrote:

how do i know if i have installed beta? or the real one? cause i installed it from www.battlefield2.ea.com and now all servers have ping of 400 :S
Try joining one. If you can join it and play there, the ping problem is not caused because of your patch..
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England

KillerYaNk wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

looks like bin ladens hotel room on fire to me...
if your trying to say it looks nething like the 911 twin towers,you might want to get drunk before you look at it to possibly get double vision,theres no resemblance of 911,but sure does look like an afghany hotel burnin' up...
If you played the 1st beta, there used to be a MiG or F18 (Forgot) smashed up in that hole there. They removed it due to noobs complaining about how that is an insult to 9/11, yeah i know. Fucking ridiculous.. I think i should complain that the train crash in karkand, reminds me of 7/7 in London, the bombings in Madrid, Mumbai etc...

...No, everyone only cares about the US.
arson
+99|6607|New York

fadedsteve wrote:

This patch BLOWS yet again! C4 is messed with yet again, not for the better. . .

and prone is delayed which is gay, I thought it was fine, and didnt need to be "fixed"!

I havent had any CTD yet, and only one lost connection. . .

Jalabad is a great new addition! awesome map, perfect for all you snipers out there!!

Other than that, the patch is fairly shitty, nothing to write home about, hopefully it keeps servers stable, which is what needed to be fixed!
Dice hates C4, do a search on the EA Battlefield 2 forum and see that almost every post regarding  C4 has been closed and archived.  There is one back in Dec. 05 asking if the glitch where you press the detonator and a C4 pops out would be fixed. Sounds like a reasonable request to me. Well that post got closed very fast.  The sad thing is they NEVER fixed it.

Last edited by arson (2006-09-06 12:37:21)

JohnTx12
Stand still I need to shoot you
+44|6487|Plano,Texas
1.4 Patch – New content

New level: Road to Jalalabad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
New Server Option: No Vehicles mode

1.4 Patch – Fix List
Front End:
Front end - Fix server browser issues with updating info
Front End - Multiplayer & Co-op - Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working
Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
Game Server:
Increased server stability
All levels - Co-op - Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt Server - Linux 32 Dedicated - Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
Coop - Local Server - If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map
Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay:
Red/Blue nametag bug –Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this vehicle taking too much damage.
Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
bf2_zspyvin
+17|6654|The Netherlands
OMFG had disconnected the first time i played i stopped very fast and played Jalalalalalalaaaaahbad solo and after that i get drunked a get hitted by a car..... Cry*:p
Captain_Slapaho1974
+1|6518|Florida
All you tools that are complaining about 1.4, get a clue. How about reload your piece of crap machine, do a fresh install of BF2, defrag your machine, check your hardware, upgrade your machine, do something other than blame your problems on this patch. Me and several other friends and co-workers downloaded and installed 1.4 yesterday and played all night on multiple severs without any of the issues named in these posts, no performance issues, no so called slowing of crouching/proning. I have not been a fan of the support of BF2 by EA/Dice until this patch. And The Road to Jalalabad kicks ass, multiple ways to attack, defend capture points, better use as far a s the way the map is set up to better utilize the different types of soldiers(ex.SF....Medic.....Sniper.....etc.....whatever). In my opinion this patch has done more good for the game that any previous patches and has added the best map JALALABAD !!!!!!
KillerYaNk
Hard Case
+11|6651|S.E. United States

Mekstizzle wrote:

KillerYaNk wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

looks like bin ladens hotel room on fire to me...
if your trying to say it looks nething like the 911 twin towers,you might want to get drunk before you look at it to possibly get double vision,theres no resemblance of 911,but sure does look like an afghany hotel burnin' up...
If you played the 1st beta, there used to be a MiG or F18 (Forgot) smashed up in that hole there. They removed it due to noobs complaining about how that is an insult to 9/11, yeah i know. Fucking ridiculous.. I think i should complain that the train crash in karkand, reminds me of 7/7 in London, the bombings in Madrid, Mumbai etc...

...No, everyone only cares about the US.
oh,ok I didnt play the beta.but I still would not of thought of it that way,even if it had a jet hanging out of it,it would of looked nothing like the twin towers...

sorry you feel everyone only cares about the US,as personally,and being from the US,I care for all humanity and care about the direction the whole worlds gone,not just the US.ea did do a great job with this patch,and as someone posted earlier,its not the patch,but your systems.if you dont have everything jam up,you will play with issues.I know,I had a corrupted stick of ram,and trust me there were issues.now my rams squared away,and no issues.now I know 1.3 caused probs,but for me it was few and far between and this patch has really made things even more stable.before I installed the patch I did a defrag,patch took first go and went right to battle.
metstizzle,as I said I care for all humanity,its a real shame what all the world is enduring.but I can only pray for another day,live my life,and know I for now have the freedom to live it...
play on,play hard,have fun
and ya'all quit bitching about every patch that comes out,there wont be any more patches so play or dont play.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

Battlefield 2 1.4 patch eh? drop the damn decimal and add a 2! Battlefield 2 14 2.....Why...ITS Battlefield 2142! bazzing! yes? yes?
BlackPlague
Banned
+16|6497
Thank GOD they fixed the join server button... it crashed on me MILLIONS of times.
savage022269
+4|6413

SgtSmokem wrote:

Awwww, does that mean no more cartillery?  I enjoyed dropping vehicles on those lonely snipers on the edge of the maps!  I think the kill should count towards my kills and not a suicide for the other person.
cartillery still works
nickerdoo
+0|6413
so should i d/l the 1.4 patch or not, after reading all of ur posts i dont know what to do?
tnt_dynamite
+3|6711
no on gives a shit if you arnt giong to buy another game b/c in the long run more people won't quit because the game is fucking adicting.
ThePunisher_ITA_
+59|6573

nickerdoo wrote:

so should i d/l the 1.4 patch or not, after reading all of ur posts i dont know what to do?
Yeah man... it can't be worse than 1.3 so go!!!

(In my case 1.4 has been a very very nice surprise!)
Toni
+4|6533
I like it to
walyl135
+7|6603|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR

Buzerk1 wrote:

ouch BF2s seems to be hit pretty hard, my download was a poor 26KB/sec.... I'm getting 75KB/sec on filefront (not great but it should be finish in 2hrs, that's for the full version)
ha ha

im gettin 443kb/sec
Vartan
+10|6713|Belgium
My guess is that they'll probably release on last small fix to fix the most urgent things, they'd call it the

BF 2 1.41 patch....

The next one? Surprise, it's going to be BF 2142..

Okay I'm tired and I was proud of my discovery
savage022269
+4|6413
I'm not going to complain about 1.4 at all...  The biggest issue that 1.3 had was CTD, that actually made me stop playing the game for a while...  I have played 20 or so rounds on 1.4 and have only seen one issue the Red/Blue nametag bug, that was on an auto-balance server where peps where jumping from side to side during the round, cause dudes where leaving due to high pings.  It was a crazy match anyway...  Jalalabad kicks ass!
Dweezie83
+1|6413|Pensacola Beach, FL
I havn't had any problems with this new patch, our server has been running fine since we installed, no crashes or anything, on a few werid bugs i've noticed, it changed my video settings, and tvs go though helis sometimes, other than that it is a hell of alot better than 1.3 with the gay wall glitchers
the.pwn3rR
+0|6438
Thanks EA!!
Slow down the game more next patch.
I <3 owning everything @ slow rates!!
W0ot!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard