High Spirit
+5|6591|Canada, Eh?
A few local friends and I are in a small clan. We play for fun once a few nights a week. Last night we were playing on a Wake Island server enjoying ourselves. We didn't own anyone, we didn't even win the round! But for some reason the commander of the other team was determined we were cheaters/hackers. He said we were not showing up on the UAV that was above us. Now I personally never cheated, and what I know about cheats, I have only read from here which is not much. But is this even possible? If there is a hack out for this, is there anyway to tell who is doing it?

We were constantly working as a team. The 4 of us would be constantly capping flags defending our position and leaving right away. It does not take long for 3-4 people to cap a flag and leave... but if there is a cheater in our clan, I would like to know so we can eject him...

Thanks.
Murphy <s18>
+8|6672|51st State
My understanding is that Spec Ops dont show up on UAV, other than that i say the enemy commander is a <insert random insult here>.
Um, I haven't played in awhile but I'm like 99% sure Spec-Ops shows up on the UAV. I think you just had a nub commander.
malarkeycoon
+16|6660|Cardiff
As above. I don't think special ops shows up when they're not moving.... or something like that. I forget how it works. It would seem like a lot of work to make a hack like that would acheive very little.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6566|Doncaster, UK
Spec Ops don't show up on UAV if you stay perfectly still, otherwise big red dot. And that doesn't affect the commander zooming in as that's pretty much the game feed just from above.
High Spirit
+5|6591|Canada, Eh?
Well he was no noob... he's was a 1st Lieutenant with lots of time.

As for Spec Ops not showing on the map, there was hardly a time we were standing still...

Had to of been a server glitch or something.
Bozaloshtsh
Не пытай
+39|6527|51:33:24N 01:47:03W
UAV isn't fallible - it misses people, sometimes on one pass, sometimes on two passes - and occasionally it may only show a Red dot once in the sweep (even though they ain't killed).  Same with the Scan - it misses people too - just like in the real world...

not an issue really - someone not realising it and shouting 'cheat' is though, and one best ignored... lol

tch! some people just should not command.
Ben>You
+90|6546

High Spirit wrote:

Had to of been a server glitch or something.
It happens sometimes, just shrug it off and continue, because obviously that commander was a nub.
Sea_JayUK
+19|6543|Notts

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Spec Ops don't show up on UAV if you stay perfectly still, otherwise big red dot. And that doesn't affect the commander zooming in as that's pretty much the game feed just from above.
Was true previously perhaps but i have checked this after reading a guide and being impressed with the idea... Spec ops show up just the same as ANY class. I have tested this, I am 100% sure of it.
explosivo
Banned
+262|6663
if he knew you were there anyway wtf is he moaning about

the uav is for the ground troops anyway, not the commander.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6566|Doncaster, UK

Sea_JayUK wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Was true previously perhaps but i have checked this after reading a guide and being impressed with the idea... Spec ops show up just the same as ANY class. I have tested this, I am 100% sure of it.
Must be something they changed then, oh well, just one more thing nerfed.
FlamingDeath
+1|6466
Wow I actually learnt something here, thanks guys'n'gals. I didn't know that about Spec ops evading UAV if not moving

Edit: is it true or not??

Last edited by FlamingDeath (2006-09-05 07:42:20)

High Spirit
+5|6591|Canada, Eh?
Thanks for the replies and clearing this up for me.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6554|Edmonton Alberta
yeah i once had some nub kid accuse me of cheating for staring into a wall and spotting enemies...dumbass was just to stupid to figure out i was commander

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard