BudRell
+2|6878|Home
This game is ruined for good. Most of servers (admins..) allow you to do whatever and admins behave like they are 10. EA has not done any radical movements to remove the accounts that should be removed. EA has not done anything to prevent the engine exploitting.
When I bought this game I was buying partly because the promises at the package.
You can read from the game package what is promised.
There are NO text about cheats, exploits, abusive admins etc.
When it's so, I am titled to get my money back. It is the marketting law.
Wrongly advertized, no promises kept, the product is NOT working like it should.
Even when I am not totally serious about this, I am going to make this "refund from BF2" project. Just for fun.
I know for fact that there has been similar case (not from game software..) and the company that marketted and sold the product, was forced to pay back the money AND compensation.
Bubkin
Pay It Forward
+8|6822
Good luck with your "project"...

/snicker...

Last edited by Bubkin (2005-11-10 10:24:58)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6827

BudRell wrote:

This game is ruined for good. Most of servers (admins..) allow you to do whatever and admins behave like they are 10. EA has not done any radical movements to remove the accounts that should be removed. EA has not done anything to prevent the engine exploitting.
When I bought this game I was buying partly because the promises at the package.
Wrongly advertized, no promises kept, the product is NOT working like it should.
Even when I am not totally serious about this, I am going to make this "refund from BF2" project. Just for fun.
I know for fact that there has been similar case (not from game software..) and the company that marketted and sold the product, was forced to pay back the money AND compensation.
When you buy a car are you told outright that other vehicle users may ram into your car?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra

BudRell wrote:

you would prob have more fun if you just played the game and stoped crying cheat everytime you get owned by someone!!

and i must say that there is no way you will get your money back, especially with a game that uses unuiqe cd keys..
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6827

the_heart_attack wrote:

and i must say that there is no way you will get your money back, especially with a game that uses unuiqe cd keys..
EBAY!!
BudRell
+2|6878|Home

the_heart_attack wrote:

BudRell wrote:

you would prob have more fun if you just played the game and stoped crying cheat everytime you get owned by someone!!

Don't bet...
THA
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra
heres what they will say

cheats :  play on official ea servers with punk buster where you cant use cheats or exploits.
admins:  play on official ea servers that dont have abusive admins

false advertiseing : we advertised the features which you got

dont get me wrong i think it would be good if they gave you your money back, but i think it will cost you more in lawyer fees than its worth.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6790|Netherlands
yeah why the complaining yust play and stop crying

you can also leave a room when you got cheaters in it
BladeRunner
+5|6790|UK

BudRell wrote:

It took you to get to 30,000 points before you realised all that?

Sounds like you're just having a 'low point'...'game's a bit off'...You don't get stats like yours by being crap, dude so just hammer on and fight through it.

Get back to the fight, Soldier!

Last edited by BladeRunner (2005-11-10 11:19:02)

Doomsday
Banned
+1|6802
Heres actually what they will say BLOW US play single player!
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6812|Atlanta, GA USA
lol that is funny...  Good luck on that dude.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6830|Singapore

not too interested in the refund, but compensation sounds good

EA has a lot to pay for including a dented computer table, several buttons on my keyboard being slightly unresponsive, a smashed wireless optical mouse, a smashed coffee cup (plus slight scalding), WHere's my money EA.
SNIPMIKE
Fire In The Hole!!!!!!
+1|6791|Orlando, FL

BudRell wrote:

My box says "Game experience may change during online play."
hurricane2oo5
Do One Ya Mug !!!
+176|6805|mansfield

beeng wrote:

BudRell wrote:

When you buy a car are you told outright that other vehicle users may ram into your car?
lol
Ethereal_Drag0n
+0|6791|Villa Park, IL
So, your plan is to spend countless hours, and hundreds of dollars (if not more) to take EA to court to get your $50 dollars back... Maybe $100 with 'compensation'...

You sound like the kind of person that sues McDonalds because you spill hot coffee on yourself and the cup didn't say the coffee was HOT!....

Way to go Napolean.
THA
+609|6812|AUS, Canberra

Ethereal_Drag0n wrote:

So, your plan is to spend countless hours, and hundreds of dollars (if not more) to take EA to court to get your $50 dollars back... Maybe $100 with 'compensation'...

You sound like the kind of person that sues McDonalds because you spill hot coffee on yourself and the cup didn't say the coffee was HOT!....

Way to go Napolean.
i read once a guy took a lawn mower company to court and won after he picked it up to cut his hedges and cut all his fingers off, he won casue there wasnt a sticker telling him not to pick it up!!

and another one where a lady was driving along and saw a plane that had to make an emergency landing close to the road, she crashed while looking at the plane, sued and won cause the plane shouldnt have been there!!
TrevorP
+0|6834
I actually ahve yet to see one wall hack, aim bot or anything...no one is 'Invincible'. Stat padders yes but if you see one report one it will make EA's job easier.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6816|Noizyland

I don't think EA are stupid. They know that there will be some dickheads out there who will cheat and ruin the game for others. I think you will find that they have covered themselves well as to not be sued by people with lots of time on their hands.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6830|Singapore

The coffee one is a true story eh? The biach had the coffee cup in between her thunder thighs in the car when it spilled covver on herself.

I wonder if EA has a cigarette-refund policy. Hmm.
-=|BW|=-Hollow_Moon
+5|6796
My Reaction to Stat Padders... Knife Em Up!
thinner44
+1|6851
I don't think there's a game out that hasn't been exploited in some way. It does just sound like you're having a bad time of it at the moment. Take a break, relax, before long you'll be back to normal.

As for suing them, you might win, but then the next game that you buy may suffer the same fate as bf2, where do you draw the line... Companies employ hackers/crackers to find exploits within products, but for every one they find and plug, you can be sure there are* people out there that know of a dozen more.... It never ends, just ask MS

If you do join a sever where you think there's an obvious hack, go elsewhere, I do ... don't let his game get to you.

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-11-11 00:14:27)

Joeskeppi
+0|6813
I think there should be a minimum age restriction of 18 on the game , and you have to prove your age with birth certificates before you can play, seriously, the game is currently totally ruined by all the spotty prepubescant spastics who tk for vehicles, cheat, and are generally utter wankers.

And before you argue, if you're under 18, you're one of the ones I'm talking about, so fuck off

Last edited by Joeskeppi (2005-11-11 00:24:27)

TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6866|Netherlands
Refunders Unite......lets play  DICE....
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6797|NH - USA
First of all, never pay full price - wait for fever to calm down. Second, any online game is affected by the same issues. Third, you might want to consider playing a different time of day - it cuts down on the immature players a bit if you dont play "after school" times. If you run across a bad bunch, move on to another server...they are a dime a dozen right now.

Ebay is a good idea. Thats where I got my copy. 

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-11-11 00:31:57)

elmer1082
To The Front
+4|6797|Columbus, Indiana
If your this pissed then don't even think about getting your explosives badge.

Last edited by elmer1082 (2005-11-11 00:43:14)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard