donpost
+8|6762
First of all, there are two types of missiles on the foxbat, short range and long range. Which one is which? What exactly makes the missile long range? Is it the lock on range?

Second, the afterburner on that thing makes it almost indestructable (sp?). Soon as someone gets on your six, just nose down and afterburn away, laughing as you leave them in your dust.
ViP.ShooTa
+6|6751
i believe red is short (ie top one)

indeed - but only if u dont notice that they are on your six using their guns - and as u afterburn off they use missiles =dead foxbat
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6646|Ohio
i think the top one hits ground targets and air, and the bottom hits just air, but i have no idea.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6766|Toronto Canada
jets in that game own pretty hard and stuff
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ
I think the top one is short-range, and the bottom one is long-range. I've never been able to stay alive in a MiG-25 long enough to really sus it out.
Twinn
+3|6532|Milwaukee, WI
one is AA and the other is for ground.
donpost
+8|6762

Twinn wrote:

one is AA and the other is for ground.
Are you positive? I'm 99% sure they are both AA (check the POE manual).

What difference does it make if the missile is long/short range?
MagiCandy
+18|6655
missle speed and turn radius
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Ok. The Mig 25 has 3 weapons. MG, Short Range and Long Range Air to Air missles.

IT HAS NO MISSLES FOR GROUND TARGETS SO STOP THINKING THAT. This is purely an air interceptor.

The Mig 25 has the faster afterburner top speed than any other aircraft in the game. If you burn afterburners you will be across the map in very little time.

The top set of missles are the short range missle. They lock as normal and have a much tighter turning radius. Which makes them good against the Frogfoot which is slow moving and can turn hard.

The second set of missles are the long range missles. The locking range on these missles is slightly further than the short range missles but their turn arc is slower. Hence you use these against planes attempting to afterburn away or are flying straight in any direction.

You have to time when to use these. Often you rarely get into a situation when the long range missles are good. Except they are very good against helicopters who are hovering across the map (you still have to slow down to get a good lock) or on aircraft just taking off.

once again let me say that the Mig 25 has NO GROUND TARGET MISSLES. If anyone has used them on ground targets it's purely by luck and circumstance. The radar you see when you use AA missles also shows ground targets only because they have a heat signature. This is helpful for the Tornado because it allows the pilot to line up ground targets for their bomber to fire missles at. The Tornado has NO BOMBS and only laser guided missles.

Good luck and good flying!

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2006-09-05 21:29:21)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
beerface702
+65|6694|las vegas
glad they did it justice. the mig 25 is a mean jet , and still can hold its own today. the russians still have quite a few in inventory.

its not quite as fast as the real jet though. mach 3.3

its like a space shuttle
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6646|Ohio
yup, thanks for that info,
the foxbat is the fastest plane ever at the moment, i believe.
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6795|Idaho, USA / Age 30
The Tornado is like the F-15 in the main BF2 game.   The Frogfoot is the only Support Aircraft in the game.

The EuroFighter is a Dual purpose fighter/Attack Aircraft.  It can attack Air Targets and then the 2 unguided Bombs that it has.  Also the Gun it a has. 

YES the foxbat is the Fastest Plane in the game.
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6758
fastest plane in game, but not fastest plane ever, not by a longshot.
Noobzorz
You are what you eat.
+8|6479
Since I felt like being geeky instead of sleeping, I did some research (because military hardware is oh-so-cool), and your fastest ever plane would be either the SR-71 Blackbird, or the X-15 (which was basically a low orbit space shuttle), depending on what you considered to be spacecraft.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard