Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

What gets me is a couple of months ago I was reading a topic on here where the Australian contingent were bad mouthing the guy and acting embarrassed to have him a representative of Australia (it was some debate whether he'd been to NZ or not, I'm sure you can use the search button).  Now, as soon as he pops he clogs the attitude changes as if the guy was the Jesus of Oz or something. 

I know it's bad form to bad mouth a dead guy but on the other hand, why bullsh*t.......

In fact, just did the search.  It was called "What gives your country a bad name" and three Australians listed Irwin as one although to be fair they have yet to post in this topic

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=13409&p=1

See Test_Beagle, Greenie_Beazinie & I2elik
I'm sure I would have said so too EstebanRey, the reason being he spreads a stereotype of Australian that is not at all true (over 60% of Australians live in the various cities scattered around Oz, excluding me). I'm also thinking that Test_Beagle, Greenie_Beazinie and 12elik didn't know about the work he does with wildlife behind the scenes because he did alot more than his TV show.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Very sad and very shocking. First thing I said when I found out was "Atleast he died doing what he loved". So unfortunate.

RIP Steve, you'll be missed
Meltdown-56
+30|6488
wtf as if he died he was a full on legend!!!

R.I.P

Meltdown-56
SoC./Omega
+122|6542|Omaha, Nebraska!

PRiMACORD wrote:

Sucks, he was a cool guy.

Feel especially sorry for his wife and kids
same dude, i used to watch him all the time.... now we have to retire the word croike! It stinks he died he was a nice dude, how many kids did he have... wasnt it 2?
turtle02468
+0|6450
I will miss him as well i watched his show a lot a few years ago. i will watch his show more often now.
Now i just wonder if they will show the documentry he was doing or finish it or show a documentry about how he was doing a documentry which led to his death.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6549|San Diego, CA, USA
RIP Steve, you will be missed.

"Crokie has croaked"
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA
When I first heard the news I couldn't believe it. I thought he would live to be old, like 90 because of all the running and stuff he does.

R.I.P. Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin.
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6469|New York!
RIP Steve.  you will be missed so much.  i will go cath a croc in your honor.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America

Mr.Unstoppable wrote:

RIP Steve.  you will be missed so much.  i will go cath a croc in your honor.
I'll go eat gator jerky in his honor.
Mr.Unstoppable
+26|6469|New York!
couldn't find a croc in my front yard but i found a 1 1/2 foot snake.  is that okay?
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.
I hereby declare a Jihad on all stingrays..pwn em up men!
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England
Personly i can imagine him rising from teh DEAD! hell yeaaa..
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I was honestly miserable when I woke up to this news in the morning paper.
Strange huh. A Kiwi caring so much about the death of a Australian.
Steve Irwin was a great bloke, no question about it. Sure he was embarrassing and over-enthusiastic, this is where most of the critisism comes from, Australians didn't like him much because he was an embarrassing representitive of Australia, and New Zealanders didn't like him because he was Australian.

The point Ramains: Steve Irwin was an amazing guy, and it is a tragedy that he is dead. Although he was very much a celebrity and a household name, (plus he was in that awful film,) he was completely and utterly down to earth. You couldn't be more down to earth than Steve Irwin. He walked his over-excited talk, and he did some amazing things. He was a televised personality, but 90% of what the man really did was all off camera, his conservation efforts for Australia and the world were phenominal.
Creating centers for animals who had been hit by cars, saving every kind of animal imaginable, raising awareness for conservation, being a figurehead for various environmental movements - the list goes on. He was a strong advocate for wildlife.

His larakin attitude and incredible enthusiasm earned him both respect and scourn, but it never mattered to Steve anyway. The guy would give a Hedghog CPR, (I relate this to the fact when he filmed in New Zealand once he was incredibly excited to see a Hedgehog,) or save a deadly snake from a lady with a broom. He wasn't just a one-dimentional celebrity, he wasn't just an act, he was genuine, and whether Australia wants to admit it or not, a bloody excellent Aussie bloke.

Steve mate, you will be missed.

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/scott-irwin.jpg

- Ty.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T2JoymUQF8

Wow searching youtube for Steve Irwin I see alot of "This video has been removed by the user.".
People showing thier respects i guess.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6699

Tyferra wrote:

I was honestly miserable when I woke up to this news in the morning paper.
Strange huh. A Kiwi caring so much about the death of a Australian.
Steve Irwin was a great bloke, no question about it. Sure he was embarrassing and over-enthusiastic, this is where most of the critisism comes from, Australians didn't like him much because he was an embarrassing representitive of Australia, and New Zealanders didn't like him because he was Australian.

The point Ramains: Steve Irwin was an amazing guy, and it is a tragedy that he is dead. Although he was very much a celebrity and a household name, (plus he was in that awful film,) he was completely and utterly down to earth. You couldn't be more down to earth than Steve Irwin. He walked his over-excited talk, and he did some amazing things. He was a televised personality, but 90% of what the man really did was all off camera, his conservation efforts for Australia and the world were phenominal.
Creating centers for animals who had been hit by cars, saving every kind of animal imaginable, raising awareness for conservation, being a figurehead for various environmental movements - the list goes on. He was a strong advocate for wildlife.

His larakin attitude and incredible enthusiasm earned him both respect and scourn, but it never mattered to Steve anyway. The guy would give a Hedghog CPR, (I relate this to the fact when he filmed in New Zealand once he was incredibly excited to see a Hedgehog,) or save a deadly snake from a lady with a broom. He wasn't just a one-dimentional celebrity, he wasn't just an act, he was genuine, and whether Australia wants to admit it or not, a bloody excellent Aussie bloke.

Steve mate, you will be missed.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/ … -irwin.jpg

- Ty.
Aww, now ye've got me all misty eyed.
ALKYDER
+0|6463
It is now sad that Jermaine Grier Womens Liberationist has come out and publicly slammed Steve Irwin whilst he is now deceased. She has bee placed on talk back radio's down here for running a website that contains remarks about his death that are pathetic.

Please if anyone can get this website or even take it off the net the challenge is there.

Thank You.

Nobody has a right to defame legends after they die.
zer0fus10n
+14|6512
He's not a croc hunter as he stated hes more of a croc saviour hes not like crocodile dundee he dosnt kill them he saves them, and im pretty sure hed be pissed of that the fact he cant tell everyone stingrays arnt a dangerous animal they only act in self defence now everyone will think these animals are deadly and such because someone of his league died by one and they are just freindly creaturs
zer0fus10n
+14|6512

Macca wrote:

I hereby declare a Jihad on all stingrays..pwn em up men!
That would be the last thing he'd want is the stingrays to have a bad name, Not everyone understands that the stingray acted in self defence it felt harmed by somthing so it defended its self so in all respect dont hate the stingrays and in the end the sea life is what the documentary was about aswell
I think he defamed himself when he dangled his baby in front of a crocodile.

People are being a little too sensitive. I guess itll be a crime then when I say its too ironic that a dude who plays and irritates  "dangerous" animals gets killed by one. Seems pretty silly to act as if this is some tragedy and not his own fault. I wouldnt cry when Evil Knielvel broke bones and I dont think its a tragedy when a dude who labels everything he does as so dangerous ends up getting got.
ljason8eg
+3|6495
Damn, I couldn't have ever imagined something bad happening to him. R.I.P.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6737|Salt Lake City

I'm not going to read 10 pages of blather.  All I have to say is that I respect the man.  He wasn't afraid and died doing what he absolutely loved.  How many of us can say that?  RIP...CRIKEKY!!!!

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2006-09-04 20:27:29)

Bitter_n_Twisted
Banned
+0|6447

Mongoose wrote:

jeez didnt know so many of you people liked him
Think With Your Head Not Your Mouth.!!!
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6446|Australia.
Its weird now that Steve is dead, the media focuses on the good things he has done.

They should have been doing it the whole time.

Steve represents the great Aussie stereotype, and has shared it with the world.

What he has done is amazing.

Its a shame he is gone.

But, as he once said "I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

You'll always be with us Steve..always.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard