.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
I went to update my video card drivers and i must have screwed something up, i have a nvidia 7800GT. I uninstalled my current driver before i installed the new one. Could someone give me instructions on how to fix it? My desktop wont let me go up to 1600x1200 and when i scroll up and down the web site it looks kind of wavy. Im such a moron... any help would be appriciated.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Gulf_War_Syndrome
OMG ERYX HAX!
+62|6677|Adelaide, Australia
Uninstall as usual via control panel. Reboot.
Do a clean out using Driver Cleaner. Reboot.
Install new drivers as usual.

This works for me whenever things go screwey like you describe.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6807|Marathon, Florida Keys
i went back and uninstalled everything under NVIDIA drivers now, and i rebooted, it says under the hardware wizard it cant find the PCI bridge controller and the PCI memory device, and i cannot connect to the internet anymore, i thought i saw something under the nvidia drivers about a ethernet controller. Whould putting in my EVGA disk that came with my comp fix anything?
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6596|Cheshire. UK
Should do ....but the PCI bridge needs to be re installed from your MB disk
Jzus369
+8|6455
Opps sounds like youve accidently uninstalled your nvidia network controller, i take it you connect to net via an ethernet router, as above re installing the pci bridge from the motherboard disk should sort you net connection, regarding your graphics id recommend booting into safe mode (tap F8 during the boot sequence) and removing and vga adapters from there then download the approved nvidia driver from www.futuremark.com rather than nvidia, future mark make various bench marking programs for graphics so normally have tweeked drivers that avoid a number of compatibility problems. Let me know if this has been of any use.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard