poached/coddled0%0% - 0
rancheros9%9% - 1
sandwich0%0% - 0
scrambled36%36% - 4
Total: 11
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

I'm a condiment snob. No bottled ketchup, no shitty yellow mustard in a squeeze bottle, no mayo. Give me a nice Dijon and a flavored homemade aioli and I'm good.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

I actually like deviled eggs with an avocado base. Not the best color, but tasty.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

That sounds way better.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Scrambled eggs got maybe one paw up, we'll try omelette next.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

i'm not ranting at all, i think you're hilarious, in a kind of adorable two-dimensional drunken uncle kind of way. but i pity you. as ever fear, mistrust and odium seem to be your dominant top-notes. it must be a lonely and exhausting existence.

you're smart enough to read a few books on evolution but you prefer to nurse antiquated pet theories from the era of kipling. also very funny.
LMAO you're wrong its that simple.
uziq
+492|3448
you continuously evoke human history, society, culture, civilisation, anthropology ... behaviour, psychology, sociology ... and you’ve not studied or read a whit of any of it.

your use of scientific concepts, as i’ve said time and time again, is lazy shorthand. it’s 90% political bluster and ideology and 10% scientific-sounding nonsense.

the development of systems of weights and measurements doesn’t have anything to do with the theory of evolution. nada. the processes behind civilisations rising and falling and technological advancement are not biological or evolutionary. all human beings have the exact same cognitive ‘hardware’ for this stuff, and at different times and in different places have either excelled or failed in enterprises of it. modern 21st century man is not an 'evolved' version of 15th century man who was not an 'evolution' of ancient roman man or even of bronze-age man: they were all homo sapiens. the long-view of historical development you're seeing there is not a process of biological evolution or of a 'race' 'growing' down another evolutionary 'branch'. this is retarded.

the level of organization or material advancement necessary to become a high-tech civilisation is indeed an interesting topic. it has little to do with biological evolution or ‘races’ developing like dog breeds, though.

ancient egypt had a nubian black dynasty. many west african kingdoms and civilisations historically displayed advanced craftsmanship and proficiency with sculpture, metallurgy, woodwork, etc, etc, far in advance of their peers in early modern europe. civilisations which were just as far away, genetically, from their neighbours on the same continent with the same ‘race’ as they were from europeans, by the way.

you want to fit giant, complex, multi-dynamical systems into a neat theory. understandable. most people prefer the simplest solution. that your answer to everything is a victorian schoolboy’s version of evolution, in which world empires rise and fall because of ‘survival of the fittest’ and the white man works the black with the lash because of ‘nature red in tooth and claw’ is quaint at best, and fucking piteous at worst.

Last edited by uziq (2021-02-25 18:26:05)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

the development of systems of weights and measurements doesn’t have anything to do with the theory of evolution.
Third time, thats my point.
all human beings have the exact same cognitive ‘hardware’ for this stuff
Um no they don't
uziq
+492|3448
i don't mean every human has the same intelligence, but are the same species. great job, pedant.

obviously there is a bell-curve distribution of intelligence generally, but there is no 'white genius'. the phenotypes that affect the pigmentation of your skin or the flatness of your nose don't also give you an innate ability at building steam engines. this conversation is so fucking dumb.

the UK has produced generations of trinidadian, jamaican, west indian, indian, etc, thinkers and writers through the (post-)imperial system. you can pretty quickly shape a 'non-white' into an english gentleman if you send them to a public boarding school, up to oxford, on to the civil service, etc. in two or three generations if not in one. and yet you keep talking about 'racial evolution' and 'racial intelligence'. it's just such patent nonsense.

Last edited by uziq (2021-02-25 20:30:46)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3716
Going back to dogs for a second, if you take your dog (🐶🐕) on a walk are you 'taking the dog to the bathroom'?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1884

Dilbert_X wrote:

[  ] I believe in evolution, races can be different

[  ] I don't believe in evolution, everyone is exactly the same, Chihuahuas and Dobermans are exactly the same and have exactly the same potential and anyone who says different is a racist
dogs and people are not the same thing. Again, Dilbert, an African person is likely genetically more similar to you than another african. You're literally correlating intelligence & ability, i.e. a person's 'worth' to skin colour with no basis in reality.

I already told you that you can read up on the history of eugenics and all arguments why it was rejected by the click of a button. The eugenics assumptions are wrong. This does not mean there is no physical or perhaps even a psychological difference between races. But it's a fucking stretch of the imagination to equate white and black people to chihuaua's and huskies. The differences between humans are subtle and in many instances literally skin deep. Dog breed variation and races are not the same thing, humans are also extremely homogenous compared to dogs. It'd be more like comparing a black lab and a white lab. They're both labs ffs.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6287|Washington St.

uziq wrote:

cannot stand mayo and it's slow infiltration into everything.
Not saying this is you but this is the progression I've seen from people my age:

Chef/Waiter/etc: "This comes with mayo, are you okay with that?"
Millennial: "ewww no thank you"
--next day on the same menu--
Chef/Waiter/etc: "This comes with aioli, are you okay with that?"
Millennial: "Fuck yeah, glob that shit on everything. Hell you can bury my fucking tombstone in aioli."

yes, they are in actuality two different things made with different ingredients, but how often do you think you get the actual garlic and olive oil instead of eggs and warm crisco?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
I hate mayo by itself. It can be good as an ingredient, like in raising cane's sauce, love that shit even if it is halfmayo.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

I will tolerate a small amount on a cold sub sandwich. A giant glob won't make me sick or anything, but I'd rather not.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

RTHKI wrote:

I hate mayo by itself. It can be good as an ingredient, like in raising cane's sauce, love that shit even if it is halfmayo.
Nooooo, Raising Canes is garbage and so is their sauce
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
F u their chicken isn't the best but it's the combo and amount of food
Larssen
+99|1884
you all suck mayo is amazing
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

I'll admit it has its place in some recipes. Russian stuff definitely, lol.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

RTHKI wrote:

F u their chicken isn't the best but it's the combo and amount of food
The Texas toast is good
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
No slaw extra toast.

Coleslaw I do not like
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I like mayo, it makes a sandwich.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6287|Washington St.
A light spread to moisturize a dry turkey sandwich? Heck yeah.
Dip my fries into? No
Larssen
+99|1884
BLT sandwich - mayo
fries - mayo
chicken nuggets - mayo
potatoes, any variety - mayo
sausage - mayo works

ya'll just need better mayo
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

You have the palate of a rustbelt opoid addict. I bet you wash all that mayo down with a liter of mountain dew
uziq
+492|3448
mayo just gets in to everything. i’m really not into having half a plate of condiment with any of my meals.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

One of the things I learned at school was how to be creative with condiments. An item that shouldn't ordinarily go on a food, goes onto a food to soften it up and make it palatable. Honestly prison food was probably better. They should be paying kids to eat that stuff, and not the other way around.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard