Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS

Poll

How Old is BF2S in 2020?

old enough to pepper spray - 200%0% - 0
21-234%4% - 1
24-260%0% - 0
27-2919%19% - 4
30-3233%33% - 7
33-359%9% - 2
36-4014%14% - 3
41+9%9% - 2
american civil war0%0% - 0
burnzz9%9% - 2
Total: 21
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,822|5492|USA

I went to look it up because I was curious, and dang Rusisa's traffic accidents are lower on their list than the US:

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/rus … expectancy
https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/uni … expectancy

Must be Florida overcompensating.

Also I was sure Shahter was in his 20s or something. Way off.
uziq
Member
+326|2173
russia’s life expectancy is closer to central africa’s than western europe’s.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4509|Catherine Black

_j5689_ wrote:

28 as of April.  I definitely have been a member for half my life now.  Crazy thing is I've also been on full time night shift for 7 years as well, so that's 25% of my life doing that.
fuck everything about that. I did it for a year and had to quit with nothing lined up to save my sanity.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+382|2440

Shahter wrote:

44
You look at least in your 50's from your pictures
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+353|5438|Riva, MD

Finray wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

28 as of April.  I definitely have been a member for half my life now.  Crazy thing is I've also been on full time night shift for 7 years as well, so that's 25% of my life doing that.
fuck everything about that. I did it for a year and had to quit with nothing lined up to save my sanity.
There is somebody on day shift who is due to retire in December and I have significant seniority on night shift over everybody who isn't a supervisor, so I'd probably be first in line if I wanted to move to day shift.  I was thinking about getting into a different position on night shift before I try for day shift so that I could negotiate some significantly higher base pay first before I lose the $3 an hour night shift differential.  But everybody around me in every other department is miserable in their position and I'm not sure if I want to risk getting stuck in that shit an extended period of time before management decides to finally let me go to day shift.

So with that being said, I think I'm probably just going for the day shift position asap.  I can't just wake up and do whatever whenever and be O.K. with being tired as fuck like so many of my coworkers.  This is one of the things I used to argue so much about with my coworker ex because she didn't understand why I wasn't making the extra effort to try to live my life anyway even on night shift.  It just kills my mental health whenever I get sleep-deprived and I can't enjoy life that way.  I don't really make the money I want to but if I go to day shift soon, maybe I can at least have a social life again and not be constantly tired anymore.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+382|2440
What do you do for a living? I used to be dead tired when I was a technician.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4509|Catherine Black

_j5689_ wrote:

Finray wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

28 as of April.  I definitely have been a member for half my life now.  Crazy thing is I've also been on full time night shift for 7 years as well, so that's 25% of my life doing that.
fuck everything about that. I did it for a year and had to quit with nothing lined up to save my sanity.
There is somebody on day shift who is due to retire in December and I have significant seniority on night shift over everybody who isn't a supervisor, so I'd probably be first in line if I wanted to move to day shift.  I was thinking about getting into a different position on night shift before I try for day shift so that I could negotiate some significantly higher base pay first before I lose the $3 an hour night shift differential.  But everybody around me in every other department is miserable in their position and I'm not sure if I want to risk getting stuck in that shit an extended period of time before management decides to finally let me go to day shift.

So with that being said, I think I'm probably just going for the day shift position asap.  I can't just wake up and do whatever whenever and be O.K. with being tired as fuck like so many of my coworkers.  This is one of the things I used to argue so much about with my coworker ex because she didn't understand why I wasn't making the extra effort to try to live my life anyway even on night shift.  It just kills my mental health whenever I get sleep-deprived and I can't enjoy life that way.  I don't really make the money I want to but if I go to day shift soon, maybe I can at least have a social life again and not be constantly tired anymore.
Yeah man that's what did it for me, felt like all I was doing was waking up, going to work, getting home, trying to get to sleep, repeat. No social life, no time to go to the shops, can't get to the post office or anything. Too early when you finish to buy beer. Too late when you wake up to buy beer.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+353|5438|Riva, MD

SuperJail Warden wrote:

What do you do for a living? I used to be dead tired when I was a technician.
I work as a lab tech in a veterinary diagnostics laboratory, I run the machine that does the CBCs on the blood tubes.  It's a lot of standing and walking for 8 hours, which can be hard sometimes but it balances out the fact that I had been doing nothing but sitting for 6 years in my previous position there, and I lost probably 40 lbs of weight in about 8 months from all the extra movement.  Plus my prostate health got a lot better because I wasn't sitting all the time anymore either, no more excessive peeing which helped me sleep better.

Finray wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Finray wrote:


fuck everything about that. I did it for a year and had to quit with nothing lined up to save my sanity.
There is somebody on day shift who is due to retire in December and I have significant seniority on night shift over everybody who isn't a supervisor, so I'd probably be first in line if I wanted to move to day shift.  I was thinking about getting into a different position on night shift before I try for day shift so that I could negotiate some significantly higher base pay first before I lose the $3 an hour night shift differential.  But everybody around me in every other department is miserable in their position and I'm not sure if I want to risk getting stuck in that shit an extended period of time before management decides to finally let me go to day shift.

So with that being said, I think I'm probably just going for the day shift position asap.  I can't just wake up and do whatever whenever and be O.K. with being tired as fuck like so many of my coworkers.  This is one of the things I used to argue so much about with my coworker ex because she didn't understand why I wasn't making the extra effort to try to live my life anyway even on night shift.  It just kills my mental health whenever I get sleep-deprived and I can't enjoy life that way.  I don't really make the money I want to but if I go to day shift soon, maybe I can at least have a social life again and not be constantly tired anymore.
Yeah man that's what did it for me, felt like all I was doing was waking up, going to work, getting home, trying to get to sleep, repeat. No social life, no time to go to the shops, can't get to the post office or anything. Too early when you finish to buy beer. Too late when you wake up to buy beer.
Yeah it is pretty much that.  I actually do have plenty of time to go to most of the shops because I go to sleep in the afternoon around 2PM rather than in the morning right after I get home, but some days I'm just so exhausted, I still don't even feel like doing anything and my sleep schedule also completely rules out doing anything at night during the hours most people would still be awake.  There was somebody who started nights the same time I did and was able to get to day shift a year and a half ago(after taking a pretty sizeable pay cut first), she says she feels like an entirely different person.  I'm very much looking forward to that day for myself.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,822|5492|USA

I think if I had to work nights for just a regular old commercial concern, it would be on the condition that I'm not expected to constantly flip-flop between day/night schedules like some people are forced to do.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+353|5438|Riva, MD
Yeah, I'm grateful I don't have to do that like nurses do, I need a solid routine and I'd never be able to stabilize.  Saturdays used to suck because they were 6PM to 2:30 AM every alternating Saturday, and my usual hours are 11PM to 7:30 AM so I only ever got like 4.5 hours of sleep because I can't force myself to go to bed that much earlier than my usual time of 2 PM.  But in my new department, it's now 8PM to 4:30AM on Saturdays which has been HUGELY better and now I don't dread Saturdays anymore.  I never make hours on Saturdays but I'm O.K. with that just to get the hell out of there on the weekend.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,627|4509|Catherine Black
I have a nurse friend who has to do the odd nightshift, wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think that'd be way harder than constant nightshift.

I would try and do stuff like that j5 but any sunlight would just keep me awake, had to rush home and pull the blinds down to have any chance at sleeping that morning.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+353|5438|Riva, MD
Yeah, minimizing sunlight intake can be hard to manage and it naturally wakes your body up more.  The funny thing is I only just got some blackout curtains back in March of this year and I wish I had done it a long long time ago.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+288|5496|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

isn't that practically considered old age in russia?
not according to putin and his latest pension reform, no.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
Member
+326|2173
haha, touché.

ever notice how it's always the old rich pricks who are telling the youngsters they'll need to work for another 10 years to even survive?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+288|5496|Moscow, Russia

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You look at least in your 50's from your pictures
pictures? don't remember posting any pictures of myself lately, but whatever you say.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+744|5405|United States of America
Blackout curtains were a solid investment when I was on 12 hr nights. Luckily mine were 5PM-5AM and only 7 days/fortnight, which is a bit easier to get into a schedule with compared to the 5-day midnight to morning variety. I only worked 11PM-7AM for like 2 weeks in a different department and was almost certainly dangerously tired while driving home.
Chou
Member
+737|5511|Dordrecht
46

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard