KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

Jay wrote:

My cousin was filming the protests tonight. A lot of looting.
Imagine the reaction to a murder is people stealing stuff. Best possible outcome? Capitalism run amok? Death in society results in damage to private property, so that's the focus?
uziq
+492|3423

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

I was there, and I was at one the first bonfires. We started with the mountains of pizza box trash and then tore down the plywood around the sound stages and started fire jumping. Was fun!
Why did you destroy all of that property?
Oh man, there was a lot of anger built up over 3 days. It was scorching hot, into the high 90s on a hot ass airfield, and water was $5/bottle. Pizza was like $15 for a 10 inch personal pie. Just relentlessly hot, relentlessly overpriced, the porta potties were all overflowing. The music was awesome, but the overwhelming feeling is that we were all being turned over and having every penny shook from our pockets by the promoters. I left when people started looting and robbing ATMs and stuff though.
festivals are so great! why would you complain? everyone knows it’s about way more than the musicians. etc
uziq
+492|3423

Jay wrote:

i would loot too if clearly society had little care for me.

you just talked about tearing up a festival and committing arson because pizza was overpriced. you’ve gone out into society within the infectious window of a deadly diseases so you can get a haircut and buy decking materials.

they can have a little looting, as a treat.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

Imagine the reaction to a murder is people stealing stuff. Best possible outcome? Capitalism run amok? Death in society results in damage to private property, so that's the focus?
What does looting a CVS have to do with protesting a cop killing a man?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
these sort of facile questions always get asked (normally by a right-wing feigning ignorance or incomprehension) whenever riots or looting occur. 'why burn down your own community because someone got murdered? what does that achieve?'

there are about 200 books written on this sort of thing. it's not exactly a mysterious social phenomenon.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
They are hypocrites anyway. They were against protestors because muh virus. But now it is ok to protest? Double standards as always.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3423
white people existing in suburban bubbles who are never discriminated against or inconvenienced by society in any way (except hairdressers and whole foods being closed during a pandemic), express disbelief and incomprehension that people who are discriminated against, denied access to the same society, and illegally murdered every single day ... do not value the same code of civility and believe in the same things as they do.

'why would you not abide by the rules and conventions of society and pay for things at a shop? what does being discriminated against every single day and being murdered in broad daylight have to do with it? pay for your hersheys bars!'
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

RTHKI wrote:

They are hypocrites anyway. They were against protestors because muh virus. But now it is ok to protest? Double standards as always.
at least we are going to get some great videos like this

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … rotest_in/
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I had no idea they were also setting buildings on fire. That's not good

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout … s_burning/

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-05-28 05:22:21)

uziq
+492|3423
let's wait for jay to turn up to tell them to stop using it as an excuse, to stop blaming everyone else for their problems, to pull themselves up by their own boot-straps as a community, etc. all the usual cant. jay, the arch self-reliant independent man who don't need no woman or gubmint!!!
uziq
+492|3423
if this was my daily experience in america ... yeah, fuck that.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … eneurs-gym
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
This truly marks the end of the Pandemic. Americans are arguing about racism again. We are back to normal.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Ok uzi. Makes total sense. Let me run out and reinforce everything negative that is said about my race. That'll show the bigots for stereotyping my behavior... that I am currently displaying... they have legitimate gripes, but every time they riot like this they don't earn any sympathy or change a single mind. Apologists like you will apologize. Those that favor order will favor order. And the racists on both sides will still be racist. Nothing changes except a neighborhood gets torched and they get a few free candy bars that they normally steal anyway.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
riots normally always happen in summer. a pandemic lockdown on top of a hot summer? enjoy.
uziq
+492|3423

Jay wrote:

Ok uzi. Makes total sense. Let me run out and reinforce everything negative that is said about my race. That'll show the bigots for stereotyping my behavior... that I am currently displaying... they have legitimate gripes, but every time they riot like this they don't earn any sympathy or change a single mind. Apologists like you will apologize. Those that favor order will favor order. And the racists on both sides will still be racist. Nothing changes except a neighborhood gets torched and they get a few free candy bars that they normally steal anyway.
you are the person putting those stereotypes on race. people riot everywhere. white londoners rioted and exhibited the same behaviour 10 years ago.

'they get a few free candy bars that they normally steal anyway'. ok bro!

it's all very well for you to sit there barking about 'respecting order', but the logic behind law and order isn't exactly hieratic and hard to parse. the idea is that justice and the law applies equally to everyone. well, when your community don't get any justice, and are excluded from equal treatment, why the fuck would you 'respect order'? it's the same 'order' that is oppressing you and shovelling shit in your direction!

it's not about 'apologetics'. it's about you getting outside your own subject position and wrapping your head around the idea that not everyone has the same experience of 'society' as you do, broadly speaking (having your shit challenged on here regularly by other gentle whitefolk should assure you of that).

your racism is dull and boring. your 'critiques', contra liberal apologia, are even more played out and over-rehearsed. let me give you a little counter-example. here in the UK, following the massive story about the PM's aide, dominic cummings, breaking lockdown for his wife's birthday and endangering many people, now there is a widespread feeling (counter-intuitive, counter-productive, and unhealthy as it is, much like rioting) that the lockdown rules don't mean shit. a decent number of people feel legitimately aggrieved and as though the law, which up to now has been meting out fines to people, is plainly worthless. are they just exhibiting the 'entitlement' of whites? seeing as you like to make it about race and not, oh i don't know, the simple social contracts that underpin the foundations of civil society.

email ur reply asap

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-28 06:05:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
OK simple answer, oppressed people see the police and the corporations which fool them into buying worthless overpriced junk as the same people.
Stealing the same worthless junk doesn't really make sense, nor does stealing a mercedes then having nothing better to do with it than driving it into a river.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-05-28 06:07:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
thank you dilbert for talking sense and not lapsing into your comfortable 'it's the blacks, look at africa' rhetoric.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
In Africa there's nothing to loot.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3423
2eze
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

you are the person putting those stereotypes on race. people riot everywhere. white londoners rioted and exhibited the same behaviour 10 years ago.

'they get a few free candy bars that they normally steal anyway'. ok bro!

it's all very well for you to sit there barking about 'respecting order', but the logic behind law and order isn't exactly hieratic and hard to parse. the idea is that justice and the law applies equally to everyone. well, when your community don't get any justice, and are excluded from equal treatment, why the fuck would you 'respect order'? it's the same 'order' that is oppressing you and shovelling shit in your direction!

it's not about 'apologetics'. it's about you getting outside your own subject position and wrapping your head around the idea that not everyone has the same experience of 'society' as you do, broadly speaking (having your shit challenged on here regularly by other gentle whitefolk should assure you of that).

your racism is dull and boring. your 'critiques', contra liberal apologia, are even more played out and over-rehearsed. let me give you a little counter-example. here in the UK, following the massive story about the PM's aide, dominic cummings, breaking lockdown for his wife's birthday and endangering many people, now there is a widespread feeling (counter-intuitive, counter-productive, and unhealthy as it is, much like rioting) that the lockdown rules don't mean shit. a decent number of people feel legitimately aggrieved and as though the law, which up to now has been meting out fines to people, is plainly worthless. are they just exhibiting the 'entitlement' of whites? seeing as you like to make it about race and not, oh i don't know, the simple social contracts that underpin the foundations of civil society.

email ur reply asap
The lockdown has always been pointless. That's been established.

As for rioting in America, there is a rather long history of race riots dating back to the 60s. You, or someone, brought up the "why do they burn down their own neighborhoods" cliche. Well, why do they? What purpose does it serve except to reinforce every negative stereotype? Are the cops more amenable after riots and the destruction of private property? Are they cowed? No, they're gonna get their revenge down the road.

I'm well aware of what black people in America have to deal with. I'm aware that they get extra attention in stores because it is assumed they will steal. I'm aware that they get extra attention walking down the street because they are perceived as a threat. They are not integrated into American society for the most part, they have been othered. Frankly, the only experience I have with it is when I walk through minority neighborhoods and everyone stares at me like I'm a cop i.e. a threat. The most aggrieved in this situation are middle class black people. They see stark differences between themselves and their ghetto brethren and they don't understand why they get treated poorly by white people as well. Can't they tell the difference? I'd be pissed too.

Now, by the same token, these respectable black people are also the ones demanding enhanced policing in their own neighborhoods in order to get rid of the drugs and the property crimes and the loitering. They feel unsafe and they routinely demand action. This is why the cops are there in the first place, not because some white person somewhere across town felt unsafe about the crime in the neighborhood.

Answer this question: why do black working class neighborhoods require higher police presence than white working class neighborhoods? That's a real question, but to you, it's racist to ask it. So nothing will ever be solved.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
the lockdown hasn't always been pointless. it is highly effective in almost every country that properly adopts it. how fucking arrogant can you be, a day after you pass 100,000 deaths in 4 months, that the 'lockdown is pointless'? meanwhile many countries with proper lockdown measures still have deaths in the dozens or low hundreds. i guess the excess 99,950 people's lives were pointless, anyway.

and, yes, i'm aware of the history. like i said, there has been about a bajillion books written on the same topic. i guess you haven't enlightened yourself as to the field and instead prefer to peddle national review stereotypes about 'typical blacks, they just don't help their cause do they!' dog-whistle bullshit.

i'm not sure that black working-class neighbourhoods do have more crime than white ones, not universally, anyway. how about all the meth heads in fresno? but, even still, the answer does not exactly seem hard to find: because white people, however poor, aren't discriminated against in the same way, and hence not disenfranchised and dejected to the same degree? what do you think it is, because black people have a gene allele that selects for rioting, or something?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

the lockdown hasn't always been pointless. it is highly effective in almost every country that properly adopts it. how fucking arrogant can you be, a day after you pass 100,000 deaths in 4 months, that the 'lockdown is pointless'? meanwhile many countries with proper lockdown measures still have deaths in the dozens or low hundreds. i guess the excess 99,950 people's lives were pointless, anyway.

and, yes, i'm aware of the history. like i said, there has been about a bajillion books written on the same topic. i guess you haven't enlightened yourself as to the field and instead prefer to peddle national review stereotypes about 'typical blacks, they just don't help their cause do they!' dog-whistle bullshit.

i'm not sure that black working-class neighbourhoods do have more crime than white ones, not universally, anyway. how about all the meth heads in fresno? but, even still, the answer does not exactly seem hard to find: because white people, however poor, aren't discriminated against in the same way, and hence not disenfranchised and dejected to the same degree? what do you think it is, because black people have a gene allele that selects for rioting, or something?
No, they have a culture that spits on education and glorifies violence and crime, and thus they end up with a bunch of uneducated idiots with no prospects whose only hope at earning respect among their peers is from surviving prison. This has indeed bled over into white culture. I guess opposites attract though, because their culture is literally the exact opposite of the one you wish to personify, and yet you are going out of your way to defend it.

Last edited by Jay (2020-05-28 06:41:12)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
great analysis there, champ.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
https://www.facebook.com/1469283576/pos … 677028091/

My cousin lives a half mile from where the riots were
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
didn't click.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard