Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
Can I just try and summarize the argument to make sure I'm getting all this correctly?:

Women = emotional. Emotional people = democrat voter
Men = rational. Rational people = republican voter

To inject some data: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi … ms/575437/

And what about black men? Are they irrational democrat voters?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
uziq
+492|3453
A lot of college students are naive when it comes to community relationships. They think just because they have a Muslim friend at college, the Muslim community can ever be at peace living in the western world. They think just because they have a high functioning black friend that racism is the only thing keeping the blacks down. They think just because they know a friendly trans person that being trans is okay.
yes, those are the views of college-age people with campus perspectives on the world, added to maybe a year volunteering.

the point is that the gap persists throughout life. people in high-profile careers or public roles tend to be better educated. they don't have those same facile beliefs about holding hands with your diverse friends and singing kum ba yah.

it's also safe to assume that someone who can get a doctorate is plenty 'rational' and 'analytical'. the right should really stop trying to monopolize level-headedness. these people are beeping their horns at nurses and telling them to 'go to china'. they are not the gold reserve of intelligence.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-02 10:08:23)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't like holding education above the heads of right wingers either. You should only hold your education over the head of someone if you are sleeping with a woman who has a dummy for a boyfriend/husband.

A lot of college students are naive when it comes to community relationships. They think just because they have a Muslim friend at college, the Muslim community can ever be at peace living in the western world. They think just because they have a high functioning black friend that racism is the only thing keeping the blacks down. They think just because they know a friendly trans person that being trans is okay.
Holding a degree doesn't really mean much anyway. They're as common as dirt and really only show you have the bare minimum diligence to attend class, maybe do some homework, and pass a test. You don't have to be all that bright to earn a degree in English. Can you read? Can you write a few essays a semester? Congratulations, here's your degree.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
once again not the foggiest clue what you're talking about. and dilbert doesn't think much of your degree-level 'engineering' education, either.

you never attended a proper college so how can you comment? lOgiC brO
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

Can I just try and summarize the argument to make sure I'm getting all this correctly?:

Women = emotional. Emotional people = democrat voter
Men = rational. Rational people = republican voter

To inject some data: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi … ms/575437/

And what about black men? Are they irrational democrat voters?
They're a special case. My venn diagram only applies to white Americans.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

once again not the foggiest clue what you're talking about. and dilbert doesn't think much of your degree-level 'engineering' education, either.

you never attended a proper college so how can you comment? lOgiC brO
ok. You have a woman's degree and a woman's job.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
that hurts!

it's really really difficult being in a workplace that is mostly intelligent, educated women.

what's it like going around building sites in a boiler suit checking that people have followed a checklist? super manly jobs sound so impressive!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

that hurts!

it's really really difficult being in a workplace that is mostly intelligent, educated women.

what's it like going around building sites in a boiler suit checking that people have followed a checklist? super manly jobs sound so impressive!
I mean it makes sense, right? You have the body and mind of a woman, which is why you're so righteous about trannies when macbeth brings them up. It's OK uzi, they have hormones and surgeries.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
jay if only you knew how much your comments on my appearance hurt my feelings, you would stop. it's inhumane.

have you been checking me out?

mind of a woman.

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

Jay wrote:

only show you have the bare minimum diligence to attend class, maybe do some homework, and pass a test.
Being able to stick with something and "work the system" is a sign of intelligence and skill I think. A lot of Americans can barely read and write. A lot of people don't have the capability to sit quietly and focus on something. I notice this with kids. Some kids just aren't capable of doing the bare minimum to pass a class because they don't have the impulse control to put a phone down for awhile.

You want to know the best criticism of college education? The best criticism is how much opportunity and second chances money can get you. A lot of people don't get a second chance after doing internet meth and threatening to knife their ex-girlfriends. A lot of people don't get second chances after downing a bottle of Ambien when you are 21. But if you can make those tuition payments then the university system will cuddle you through to graduation. That's the real crime. But the only people who know about that are college educated people know that. Angelo Mechanic meanwhile will talk shit about reading (???).
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Jay said he was taken.
uziq
+492|3453
i still find it bizarre that jay has umpteen reasons not to respect someone for getting a good degree or a career, but somehow expects respect for going to a naval college and being an air-con engineer. it's very odd. if their achievements took nothing, what's he doing?

he also construes working or being colleagues with women as a weakness, something that mystifies me. why would it be seen as a sign of weakness or failure? but then again i didn't spend my 20s in the homoerotic pressure-cooker of the military. i'm sure working with women must make him instinctively nervous.

also so odd that he consistently comments on people's appearances or habits. like he's peak masculinity over there.

lack of self-awareness tallies very well with lack of reasoning ability and low intelligence.

Last edited by uziq (2020-05-02 10:32:23)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

only show you have the bare minimum diligence to attend class, maybe do some homework, and pass a test.
Being able to stick with something and "work the system" is a sign of intelligence and skill I think. A lot of Americans can barely read and write. A lot of people don't have the capability to sit quietly and focus on something. I notice this with kids. Some kids just aren't capable of doing the bare minimum to pass a class because they don't have the impulse control to put a phone down for awhile.

You want to know the best criticism of college education? The best criticism is how much opportunity and second chances money can get you. A lot of people don't get a second chance after doing internet meth and threatening to knife their ex-girlfriends. A lot of people don't get second chances after downing a bottle of Ambien when you are 21. But if you can make those tuition payments then the university system will cuddle you through to graduation. That's the real crime. But the only people who know about that are college educated people know that. Angelo Mechanic meanwhile will talk shit about reading (???).
It is, and second chances do play a part.

Right now the education system is heavily skewed towards girls. This makes sense though, as most educators are women and they understand girls more than they understand boys. Boys and girls learn differently. Girls are better at sitting in class and not acting up. They tend to be more diligent about doing their work and following rules. Boys tend to be more aggressive and push boundaries. Academic life is populated by the risk-averse, the types that want a safe job without much workload and without the variability of private sector life. They, in turn, have set up a system that favors that way of thinking in order to get through. Very little of this is conscious. I don't think anyone but the most devout feminists are actively trying to undermine boys and men, but it is happening.

There's very little corollary between education level and intelligence. Sure, your average PhD might be of above average intelligence, or they just might have above average emotional intelligence and can play a system. Academia made the mistake of overstating the link between education and intelligence, and it's a large reason why America has such high rates of anti-intellectualism now. I've known a lot of smart people that never had any desire to pursue advanced degrees. I've also known a lot of people with absolutely atrocious ideas that possess advanced degrees.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
i actually fucking love these little treatises.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Good. I feel I've done enough shitting on your life for the day. Back to deck building
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3453
it's really tough being criticized on my career by a blue-collar jarhead and on my appearance by a gammon. it's causing me a crisis of faith. in a few years i'll be able to thank you for this guidance you're giving me. i know it comes from a place of love. it's just your way of showing it.

thank you for sharing your insights on the education system. i'm sure no one has ever pondered before why there is a growing gender gap in attainment. educationalists and sociologists have been too busy getting emotional at conferences. it's good to know that 'boys are aggressive' and 'girls are good at sitting in class'.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
I don't think education is skewed towards girl behavior or that there is anything wrong with the 'sit still and shut up' method. The sit still and shut up system was one we had for hundreds of years that men dominated until like 10 years ago. There are plenty of men who do well sitting still and doing work. This is one reason I have so little pity for black male students. The Arab, white, Asian and Hispanic males can sit still and shut up. What's the black male dysfunction? Also I said male. Female black Americans do almost heroic work in our country. I am not a racist.
uziq
+492|3453
there's been an increasing emphasis on STEM subjects, especially since the financial crash and economic uncertainty. logical subjects, in which boys should excel over their emotional, weak-willed female peers. how will jay navigate these fine-pared distinctions? admire his steely analytical mind at work!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Girls are better at managing their lives period. And who even cares about the feelings of boys or how they are doing? That's very gay. What kind of homo wants to look out for the male community?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't think education is skewed towards girl behavior or that there is anything wrong with the 'sit still and shut up' method. The sit still and shut up system was one we had for hundreds of years that men dominated until like 10 years ago. There are plenty of men who do well sitting still and doing work. This is one reason I have so little pity for black male students. The Arab, white, Asian and Hispanic males can sit still and shut up. What's the black male dysfunction? Also I said male. Female black Americans do almost heroic work in our country. I am not a racist.
Yes, but they've done away with any sort of physical release in favor of increased classroom time. Phys ed and recess are probably the most important class of the day for all but the nerdiest of boys. Boys in particular need their physical stimulus.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Girls are better at managing their lives period. And who even cares about the feelings of boys or how they are doing? That's very gay. What kind of homo wants to look out for the male community?
A father of two boys
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Yes, but they've done away with any sort of physical release in favor of increased classroom time. Phys ed and recess are probably the most important class of the day for all but the nerdiest of boys. Boys in particular need their physical stimulus.
The Obama administration made some mistakes when it came to education but they also made physical education a core part of the curriculum.
Last week, President Obama signed S. 1177, the Every Student Succeeds Act, which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act and replaces the long overdue No Child Left Behind law. The bill passed the Senate and House with overwhelming bipartisan support and is a big win for physical education.

First, the law designates physical education as a part of the well-rounded curriculum (replacing core subjects), which now makes physical education eligible for Title I funding - the largest pot of federal funding for schools.
The reason why schools are skiddish about outdoor after lunch recess is because it's too easy for someone to pull up to the school yard with an AR-15 start unloading the kids.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5544|Toronto
Jay, correct me if I'm wrong, but the sense I'm getting is that a lot of the worldview presented is being taken from Ayn Rand? Is it correct to say that Atlas Shrugged shaped your personal philosophy significantly?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Pochsy wrote:

Jay, correct me if I'm wrong, but the sense I'm getting is that a lot of the worldview presented is being taken from Ayn Rand? Is it correct to say that Atlas Shrugged shaped your personal philosophy significantly?
No, I had my personal philosophy in place before I read it.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3720
Pochsy does the lamest Uzique impression.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard